Schizotypal personality disorder

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy

Reaction score
People with schizotypal personality disorder do not usually have psychotic symptoms.

Between 30% and 50% of people with schizotypal personality disorder also have a major depressive disorder. A second personality disorder, such as paranoid personality disorder, is also common with this condition.

Yeap.. that would make sense.. I probably have this... :(

condemnedsoul666 said:
I know a few people with schizophrenia.

Schizotypal personality disorder is nothing like schizophrenia :club:

It's not even a neurological disorder.. It's a personality disorder.

It's not quite right to say that it's nothing like schizophrenia. The two are similar enough that people can confuse them. It's just that on a scale of one to ten, schizotypal personality would be a five, and schizophrenia would be a ten.

psychotic = hallucinations in various forms.

Also delusional disorder is another disorder on the schizophrenic spectrum without hallucinations, but it has the delusion aspect of it.

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
People with schizotypal personality disorder do not usually have psychotic symptoms.

Between 30% and 50% of people with schizotypal personality disorder also have a major depressive disorder. A second personality disorder, such as paranoid personality disorder, is also common with this condition.

Yeap.. that would make sense.. I probably have this... :(

Where'd you get the quote from?

Latest posts

Back