school shooting information

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EveWasFramed

OK, I wanted to post this, but NOT post it on the support thread for Chris2. Bluey explained that his post was only for folks to invite Chris back, so I felt that this information didn't belong on that post. However, I do feel like this information needed to be pointed out. And please, consider this for your information only - not as a place to continue to fight about whether or not Chris2 would or would not have actually done anything, because NO ONE can really know 100% what anyone else will do. I'm sure some of the friends and families of both the shooters and the victims below never saw this honeysuckle coming. Deaths are the numbers in red. These are school shootings in the last ten years, just in the US.
Comments about the subject matter are welcome. Comments about Chris2 are NOT welcome. This isn't a thread to fight on. Thanks.

Westside Middle School shooting Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States March 24 1998 5
Parker Middle School shooting Edinboro, Pennsylvania, United States April 24 1998 1
Thurston High School shooting Springfield, Oregon, United States May 21 1998 4
Columbine High School massacre Littleton, Colorado, United States April 20 1999 15 Heritage High School shooting Conyers, Georgia, United States May 20 1999 0
Buell Elementary School shooting Mount Morris Township, Michigan, United States February 29 2000 1
Santana High School shooting Santee, California, United States March 5 2001 2
Granite Hills High School shooting El Cajon, California, United States March 22 2001 0
Appalachian School of Law shooting Grundy, Virginia, United States January 16 2002 3
Red Lion Area Junior High School shootings Red Lion, Pennsylvania, United States April 24 2003 2
Case Western Reserve University shooting Cleveland, Ohio, United States May 9 2003 1
Rocori High School shootings Cold Spring, Minnesota, United States September 24 2003 2
Fairleigh Dickinson University shooting Florham Park, New Jersey, United States April 4 2004 1
Red Lake High School massacre Red Lake, Minnesota, United States March 21 2005 10
Campbell County High School shooting Jacksboro, Tennessee, United States November 8 2005 1
Pine Middle School shooting Reno, Nevada, United States March 14 2006 0
Essex Elementary School shooting[11] Essex, Vermont, United States August 24 2006 2
Platte Canyon High School shooting Bailey, Colorado, United States September 27 2006 2
Weston High School shooting Cazenovia, Wisconsin, United States September 29 2006 1
Amish school shooting Nickel Mines, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States October 2 2006 6
Virginia Tech massacre Blacksburg, Virginia, United States April 16 2007 33
Delaware State University shooting Dover, Delaware, United States September 21 2007 1
SuccessTech Academy shooting Cleveland, Ohio, United States October 10 2007 1
Louisiana Technical College shooting Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States February 8 2008 3
Mitchell High School shooting Memphis, Tennessee, United States February 11 2008 0
E.O. Green School shooting Oxnard, California, United States February 12 2008 1
Northern Illinois University shooting DeKalb, Illinois, United States February 14 2008 6
Central High School shooting Knoxville, Tennessee, United States August 21 2008 1
University of Central Arkansas shooting Conway, Arkansas, United States October 27 2008 2

You know I always wondered about Columbine, two guys only getting to 15 people in a crowded school of over a thousand. Were these guys using muskets or something? So much for video games training folks, that is a pitiful kill count. Not that a higher one may have necessarily been better, mind you. Schools shootings are bad and all, I don't need to get my honeysuckle ruined on my way to go learn about some Barbarians or soemthing, I just always wondered about that.

thats is SHOCKING i never realised that there were so many!! I take for granted how lucky i am that i live in the uk, we've only had one that i know of:

Dunblane massacre -Scottish town of Dunblane on 13 March 1996 - 16 children and 2 adults

That's nothing, you should see the amount of shootings that happen OUTSIDE the schools in bad neighborhoods.

By having a pulse, you take a risk.

The world is at times cruel place, but that is no excuse to live one's life in fear and not get out there. Besides, even by not leaving the house you could still get killed in a home invasion.

This was interesting.

CBS) After the Columbine massacre eight years ago, Marisa Randazzo, then a research psychologist with the Secret Service, joined in a groundbreaking investigation into the cause of the rising number of school shootings in the United States.

"There’s usually some precipitating event," she tells correspondent Maureen Maher. "It might be a loss of status, like a public humiliation that comes from bullying. But the important thing for the shooter, it feels like a major loss. Something they can’t overcome."

Randazzo says all of the 41 shooters they studied had suicidal thoughts before carrying out their attacks. "As we see it, there’s really just a fine line between suicide and homicide. They actually feel 'Okay, I’m desperate. But who’s to blame for this? Why am I feeling such despair?'" Randazzo explains. "And they may realize, 'Okay it’s because of that teacher, that student, because I was bullied, and I’m going to take some people out before I kill myself.

In November 1985, then 17-year-old Jamie Rouse walked into his Lynnville, Tenn. high school with a specific target in mind.

"I was under a lot of stress. I guess I blamed school and the teachers and I was just so full of hate and anger and this evil that I guess I just felt that they should be punished, too," Rouse has said.

But what happened next was surprisingly typical of most school shootings, according to Randazzo. After Rouse shot his first victim, the killing continued.

"When you’re in that state of mind where you’re going to kill someone, nothing matters. I wasn’t expecting to come back alive," Rouse said. That’s exactly what happened in 1997 in Pearl, Miss., after 16-year-old Luke Woodham killed his ex-girlfriend and her best friend.

"He shot them both when he got into school. But then he starting shooting a number of other students," Randazzo explains.

In 1998, Kip Kinkle killed both his parents and then continued his shooting rampage at his Oregon high school.

And in the deadliest school shooting ever, until Monday's incident, Charles Wittman killed his mother and wife, before ending the lives of another 14 victims at the University of Texas.

Not only are many of these school shootings planned well in advance, the killers often confess their plans before committing the crime.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/17/48hours/main2697170.shtml

The school shooter profile that came from that study was ludicrous though basically if you have ever had a negative thought or felt stressed you qualify.

Latest posts

Back