Seeking New Friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug4506

Reaction score
Hi,

I am Doug from Pittsburgh in the United States. I am on this site like everyone else. I am lonely. I do not have many "real life" friends. I have online friends but find I often must send emails to them before they send them to me. In my lonliness I enjoy getting emails.

I enjoy sports, politics, current events, photography, reading novels (some of my favorite authors are LuAnne Rice, John Grisham, Pat Conroy), Crossword puzzles, Trivia, nature, walking my nature/exercise trail, my special cat Luke and religion (I am a devout Catholic).

I suffer from mental illness (depression, anxiety OCD) but am a fighter against it and determined to get better.

I do not work right now because of my illness but do have a volunteer position with a special non-profit organization that helps to prevent at risk-youth from dropping out of school. This volunteer position could turn into a part-time job this year. My Catholic faith has led me to work volunteer to help others. I even had a unique and exciting position years ago as a Congressional Aide on Capitol Hill.

I am seeking friends here to chat with and exchange emails with here or at my private email address at [email protected]. I am open to be friends with all types of people here with all types of interests. Drop me an email here or at my private email! I hope to hear from you. :)

Doug

Hi Doug, welcome to the forum. :)

You should come by the Games section.. it's always entertaining lol.

Hi,

Found you on this site in a search I did on "depression." Believe you too suffer and hope we can have a fun and mutually supportive friendship here.

My profile here tells quite a lot about me. I have battled depression for decades but am determined to not let it beat me. I also suffer from anxiety and OCD. I currently do not work but have a special volunteer position for a non-profit organization here that helps to prevent at-risk youth from dropping out of school. When I have worked it has been in positions to try to "make the world a better place" both in politics and attempting to revitalize distressed city neighborhoods. I have also done much volunteer work in my life especially with at-risk youth. I am a devout Catholic and my faith has called me to a professional and volunteer life of serving others especially the less fortunate.
For fun I like many things. Sports, politics, current events, photography, nature, walking my exercise/nature trail, comedy on You Tube, trivia, music, hanging out at coffee houses, ethnic food and my special cat Luke. Smile

I have one sister and several very special nieces and nephews.

Tell me more about yourself so we can start a friendship here. What is your first name? Where do you live? Tell me about your job? What are your interests and what do you like to do for fun? Do you have any pets? Brothers/Sisters? Nieces/Nephews? How long have you suffered from depression?

How was your weekend? It was a nice day in Pittsburgh on Saturday and one of the things I did was walk my nature/walking trail for exercise and take some photos. Sunday I saw my best friend Anna and we had a nice visit.

I want you to know I am a good listener, compassionate and have been told I give good counsel. I am always here for you if you need to talk to someone about your mental illness. I look forward to your reply and our friendship here. You can reply with a private message or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Doug

Doug4506 said:
Hi,

Found you on this site in a search I did on "depression." Believe you too suffer and hope we can have a fun and mutually supportive friendship here.

My profile here tells quite a lot about me. I have battled depression for decades but am determined to not let it beat me. I also suffer from anxiety and OCD. I currently do not work but have a special volunteer position for a non-profit organization here that helps to prevent at-risk youth from dropping out of school. When I have worked it has been in positions to try to "make the world a better place" both in politics and attempting to revitalize distressed city neighborhoods. I have also done much volunteer work in my life especially with at-risk youth. I am a devout Catholic and my faith has called me to a professional and volunteer life of serving others especially the less fortunate.
For fun I like many things. Sports, politics, current events, photography, nature, walking my exercise/nature trail, comedy on You Tube, trivia, music, hanging out at coffee houses, ethnic food and my special cat Luke. Smile

I have one sister and several very special nieces and nephews.

Tell me more about yourself so we can start a friendship here. What is your first name? Where do you live? Tell me about your job? What are your interests and what do you like to do for fun? Do you have any pets? Brothers/Sisters? Nieces/Nephews? How long have you suffered from depression?

How was your weekend? It was a nice day in Pittsburgh on Saturday and one of the things I did was walk my nature/walking trail for exercise and take some photos. Sunday I saw my best friend Anna and we had a nice visit.

I want you to know I am a good listener, compassionate and have been told I give good counsel. I am always here for you if you need to talk to someone about your mental illness. I look forward to your reply and our friendship here. You can reply with a private message or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Doug

Gosh Doug, here I thought this exact pm you sent was a personal and heartfelt message just for me :(

He posted another introduction in his own introduction, hope he is ok ... Wilderness you are not alone ! I thought I was special too

ucxb said:
He posted another introduction in his own introduction, hope he is ok ... Wilderness you are not alone ! I thought I was special too

photomar26084603.jpg

Latest posts

Back