Self-Loathing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delayed_relapse

Reaction score
I've noticed (long ago) that I have the tendency to blame myself for a lot of things, and this of course manifests in relationships.
In the past, when I would get rejected by a girl, or get dumped, or whatever, I would be outwardly hostile to the girl but yet place blame on myself inwardly. I'd be pissed off, but at the same time pissed at myself for sucking too much, to put it frankly.
In later years though, I have sort of withdrawn into myself somewhat, much more than in previous times. And where relationships are concerned, I've begun to feel even more intensely that things are my fault when things go wrong (after all, I'm the one who's messed up, right?).
[This leads too often to self-loathing, which can end up being a very serious problem if one is not careful. Placing the blame on yourself (when it is undeserved) can lead to a hatred of oneself, ultimately landing you in the depths of Depression-ville. A depression like this becomes perpetual, as the person who hates himself (thinks himself inadequate, inferior, miniscule, etc.) transfers even more blame upon himself in not only relationships, but even the most trivial of everyday situations.]
But the worst part is... I know deep within myself that I am not to blame all the time. I know fully well when things are my fault and when they aren't. I know when I've screwed up, and I usually try to admit my fault and move on, try and fix it or something; anything but deny it.
How can a person feel victimized as a result of their own actions? I mean, how can someone actually believe that something is another persons fault unless they have reason to believe it is? Otherwise, they'd be lying, wouldn't they? (I'm really wondering, this sort of thing does my head in; I could write a thesis about the philosophy of Love :p). I conclude that, unless a person is lying, a victimization occurs as the result of outside impetus (i.e., someone else, not yourself).

The moral of this rant is that you should definitely know that you are NOT the only human being on the planet.
This creates two realities:
1. That you are not alone, that billions of others exist, and that as much as the common spirituality may claim to the contrary, we are not ONE.
2. Your individuality is capable of being influenced and acted upon by other individuals, which inevitably means that other people can effect your individuality for good or ill.
What does this have to do with the price of beans?
Other people can have an effect on you, and they can do things for which they should be held responsible. A person should not hold himself or herself responsible for something s/he did not do. Transferring that to oneself is unhealthy, and deep inside a person knows the truth, whether or not s/he was really to blame.

Look, I don't know what I'm trying to say, just don't hate yourself. And don't love yourself too much either. You have to respect yourself, respect others, and where love is concerned, give yourself to Fate if only to experience the bliss of it all. Why be a tyrant of love? A love dictator? Why try to control it?

And then again, you can't just let it all happen when it happens, or else nothing would ever happen...
Approach it all like destiny. No meeting is coincidental. It's destiny, and every action we make is destined. (yeah I know there are a lot of people who believe differently, but please allow me my romantic fantasy;).

I'm sure someone knows what I'm trying to say even though I'm too tired to be able to say it properly. :p

It's wrong to take someone for granted, and its wrong to be taken for granted by someone else.

Let’s say “you have no idea what you are losing now. Your luck is gone just like that. ”

Hugs~~

Cool Delay,

Yeah, I know how that gose about taking someone for granted,
that they would be around forever. I hope I don't make that
same mistake again.....I get some narely regrets from time
to time.
I cherish those moments I had they that person. The good times
and even the bad times. Don't know what you have until it's
gone ...I suppose. Right , wrong , indifference or whatever.

Not really sure in what order how it should be in.
If I cherish myself then i would cherish others or
the other way around.

This much i know...things will never that same again as it
is in this moment. Wheather in the after life, in heaven,
incarnation, even tomorrow or an hour from now.

I watched the sunset this morning....I enjoyed every moment
of it while it lasted. It was an experince.

Lonesome Crow said:
Cool Delay,

Yeah, I know how that gose about taking someone for granted,
that they would be around forever. I hope I don't make that
same mistake again.....I get some narely regrets from time
to time.
I cherish those moments I had they that person. The good times
and even the bad times. Don't know what you have until it's
gone ...I suppose. Right , wrong , indifference or whatever.

Not really sure in what order how it should be in.
If I cherish myself then i would cherish others or
the other way around.

This much i know...things will never that same again as it
is in this moment. Wheather in the after life, in heaven,
incarnation, even tomorrow or an hour from now.

I watched the sunset this morning....I enjoyed every moment
of it while it lasted. It was an experince.

Its a funny life isn't it?
Maybe I got taken for granted because I did it before to someone else years ago (I hate to even lend a shred of credibility to the "karma" idea, but still...). I knew I was doing it, and I wouldn't listen to my own warnings.
But on the other hand, The person I took for granted bounced back easily enough; now I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum.
And you know what? Its really not that bad.
Girls don't like me? Awww... I know they're just scared, especially when they talk tough.
I read in my horoscope years ago that a lot of times women are "afraid" of me, but their fear is a mask for arousal (so I know whats really up when chicks act high and mighty, or scared and sheepish, or whatever).

Ithought said:
Let’s say “you have no idea what you are losing now. Your luck is gone just like that. ”

Hugs~~

Indeed... You know, I should look at it that way.
I'm always down in the dumos because of what I've lost, and how I feel, but I need to lok on the bright side: I'm intelligent (if retarded, hehe), I have a sense of humour (notice I didn't say I was "funny" lol), I know I'm not completely ugly (I don't care what other women say... well, not today anyways..), and I'm deep.
So yeah, its not totally my loss; some people are more comfortable being ignorant, being stupid, playing their little games.

I'm just gonna smile and laugh ;) (even if its forced)

Latest posts

Back