Self worth

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeyondShy said:
200_s.gif

This pretty much sums it up for me too.

There's not going to be an argument, although that's probably what you want.

VanillaCreme said:
There's not going to be an argument, although that's probably what you want.

I mean "argument" as a response based on facts, not "fighting". Enough with the semantic dishonesty. I prefer that someone tells me why I'm wrong instead of some childish eye rolling.

I'd prefer if you didn't argue with every post you made. There's not going to be any argument or debate about it.

VanillaCreme said:
There's not going to be any argument or debate about it.

I can't believe this sentence comes from a forum moderator. You can't label every discussion or disagreement as "arguing". How are we supposed to interchange views and opinions then? I just should write posts that agree with everyone? None of you has given me a response that can be used to grow my understanding. None of you has pointed out the flaws of my arguments (which they can totally be flawed). I like to generate discussion to expand topics, I like to deconstruct things instead of just accepting them; that's one of the things that make going in this life. You may see it as just wanting to argue but what value do you get from avoiding the questions? Just because we're arguing doesn't mean that is directed towards hostility. Is every debate a secret plot to offend some one else? Truly?

Xpendable said:
VanillaCreme said:
There's not going to be any argument or debate about it.

I can't believe this sentence comes from a forum moderator. You can't label every discussion or disagreement as "arguing". How are we supposed to interchange views and opinions then? I just should write posts that agree with everyone? None of you has given me a response that can be used to grow my understanding. None of you has pointed out the flaws of my arguments (which they can totally be flawed). I like to generate discussion to expand topics, I like to deconstruct things instead of just accepting them; that's one of the things that make going in this life. You may see it as just wanting to argue but what value do you get from avoiding the questions? Just because we're arguing doesn't mean that is directed towards hostility. Is every debate a secret plot to offend some one else? Truly?

You want to argue about everything. You even disagree on things you've previously agreed upon in a thread. I truly think you just want to specifically bicker. And if you should feel the need to do so, you're going to find yourself on a vacation. So I suggest you stop. Tired of closing threads because people want to argue.

VanillaCreme said:
You want to argue about everything. You even disagree on things you've previously agreed upon in a thread.

Can you show me? Honestly. So others can see your point.

FFS, it's my thread, can I please request that it just be closed? It makes me ill reading the **** thing now. It's not at all being used for its intended purpose.
Thank you in advance. <3

Xpendable said:
I mean "argument" as a response based on facts, not "fighting". Enough with the semantic dishonesty. I prefer that someone tells me why I'm wrong instead of some childish eye rolling.

The OP's video wasn't meant to spark debate but encourage those receptive to the message. It's no surprise your comments aren't going down well (Hint: you're shitting over someone's efforts to cheer people up; it would be more appropriate to argue those points on another thread.)

ardour said:
Xpendable said:

The OP's video wasn't meant to spark debate but encourage those receptive to the message. It's no surprise you're comments aren't going down well (Hint: you're shitting over someone's efforts to cheer people up; it would be more appropriate to argue those points on another thread.)

Yep.
Thank you.

ardour said:
Xpendable said:

The OP's video wasn't meant to spark debate but encourage those receptive to the message. It's no surprise you're comments aren't welcome (Hint: you're shitting over someone's efforts to cheer people up; it would be more appropriate to argue these points on another thread.)

I totally see that. But it's such a sin to try to understand from were that encouragement comes from and why you can be receptive or not to the message on the video? I want to comprehend stuff, not just accept them. Questioning isn't the same a shitting over.

It was a nice video, good message. We do well to remind ourselves of this every now and then because so many things want to make us forget that we have worth.

Xpendable said:
I totally see that. But it's such a sin to try to understand from were that encouragement comes from and why you can be receptive or not to the message on the video? I want to comprehend stuff, not just accept them. Questioning isn't the same a shitting over.

I just think....in this case understanding where it comes from isn't the point, it's almost a good-faith kind of thing. The video is a pick-me-up, I think if you try to look at it too deeply or try too hard to prove it wrong, you miss the point of it.

As someone who often struggles with self-doubt and self-worth, I think the exact point of this is that you are just supposed to trust, to have faith, that you do indeed have worth, that you can do things, and so on and so forth. You aren't supposed to question your self-worth, that's what can make a person feel like they don't have any in the first place. Whether it comes from God, something else, or your own self isn't important. It's like, you trust your ability to walk, right? You just do it. You just believe you have self-worth. I think that's what it's about.

I'm not yelling at you, Xpendable, and I do understand your desire to ponder this and really understand it. But I do think that the point of it is trust - trust in your own self. I hope this helps clear things up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back