Sense of Insecurity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberleykat

Reaction score
:(
I hate it when I keep checking my phone expecting msgs or calls from somebody I like. I am wondering if girls tend to be like that..But I never admit I'm clingy or pushy,but just think its natural to keep in touch regularly if the feelings are flowing right..So if not, I begin to doubt the whole story..My ex used to txt me A LOT and the guy I like now,well I'm pretty sure he likes me too, tends to disappear A LOT lol..:(

And I hate it when I keep checking my goddamn phone!

Haha it's just part of today's culture. I see people constantly checking their phones for message updates and Tweets or whatever the hell they are.

Personally, I don't use cell phones/messenger devices very much. It's too easy to waste so much time on them and lose track of reality. :p Also, I prefer face-to-face communication...but I'm a bit of a geezer in that respect, so don't trust my words.

^_^ Don't worry about it. It's not a problem.

----Steve

Maybe your phones not working and your just not receiving the text haha?

If feels great when you get a text, someone to talk to even when your by yourself.

Might i suggest become more busy so you won't check your phone as often. I find myself checking every second when i'm bored out of my mind. Pick up an activity to keep you occupied.

Im pretty sure most girls are like that and guys to.

Yeah, I tend to be prefer face-to-face talking, cuz u get a live feed. Waiting for msgs makes me more insecure than i need to be

Like when i don't get a txt back, I tend to think that the other person just doesn't care, when in fact they could actually be busy (work, lectures, class.. etc) or that they're just not a into txting and don't constantly check their phone (crappy vibrations)

Sway said:
Like when i don't get a txt back, I tend to think that the other person just doesn't care, when in fact they could actually be busy (work, lectures, class.. etc) or that they're just not a into txting and don't constantly check their phone (crappy vibrations)
Totally.
I don't even remember how i made it thru each day when cellphones were not this common lol..
I am learning to be some doesnt-constantly-check-my-phone type of girl hahaha..
-kim

Badjedidude said:
but I'm a bit of a geezer in that respect, so don't trust my words.
lol Steve,
I trust your quote!
Cant help laughing everytime I read it...lmao.
-kim

Haha ^_^ yeah. I thought about changing it, but I love it so much, I'm gonna leave it.

----Steve

Timeless said:
Maybe your phones not working and your just not receiving the text haha?

If feels great when you get a text, someone to talk to even when your by yourself.

Might i suggest become more busy so you won't check your phone as often. I find myself checking every second when i'm bored out of my mind. Pick up an activity to keep you occupied.

Im pretty sure most girls are like that and guys to.
So yeah another day goes by and then I get another row of checking my phone..oh I want to smash it..

Happens to be just like me siggh,,, but there must have been some good days when u carry a convo around here or there?

Certainly can relate with you here.
What I do is that I will purposefully leave my phone at home and continue with the rest of my day.
Best to carry on without waiting for a call/ message - otherwise the anxiousness and frustration builds...

I've done the unthinkable.

*GASP* I haven't had a cell phone for almost four months! Oh no! What will I ever do? How will I connect with people?

lol I find it to be much more relaxed and free without a cell phone or messenger device beeping at me 24/7. There's a certain peace and serenity about being able to call people back and recieve messages at my OWN convenience....instead of being bombarded with messages and texts all of the time.

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
I've done the unthinkable.

*GASP* I haven't had a cell phone for almost four months! Oh no! What will I ever do? How will I connect with people?

lol I find it to be much more relaxed and free without a cell phone or messenger device beeping at me 24/7. There's a certain peace and serenity about being able to call people back and recieve messages at my OWN convenience....instead of being bombarded with messages and texts all of the time.

----Steve

you know - i have a cell, but i never use it. it just lies on my desk, lol. so i totally hear you on that one lol XD

I will just say this i do use my cell phone alot and yes i do txt alot and its mainly to the person i like, but other than that my phone is used more as a watch then anything else...I love to leave my phone at home on "accident" just so i can be left alone sometimes. but i do tend to wonder if the person i like or whatever doesnt txt me back soon after i had txt/called them, really its just a stupid thing that goes through our heads and really i just try and start doing busy work and eventually forget about it. But yes cell phones have pretty much ruined society lol i would say thats a pretty blunt way of saying things

Kim,
I know how you feel; it really is frustrating constantly waiting for a message from someone, especially concerning something you're anxious about. However, a watched pot never boils, as they say. I think the advice about finding something to keep you busy is good; I dance or sing whenever I am waiting for someone. Also, concerning the guy, you should just let whatever is meant to happen, happen. It's hard, I know, but if being forward isn't your thing, this course of action is really the best.
Hope I helped a little!
~D

iWish said:
It's hard, I know, but if being forward isn't your thing, this course of action is really the best.
Hope I helped a little!
~D
Thankies D.(((Danielle)))
That's deff a good suggestion I guess I just need to get myself mega-busy then I tend to leave everything behind.But the frustration is..I am not always that busy...XD
But yeh, guess I'm getting a bit better in this check-my-phone-every-minute pit.
-kim

dslegends said:
I love to leave my phone at home on "accident" just so i can be left alone sometimes. but i do tend to wonder if the person i like or whatever doesnt txt me back soon after i had txt/called them, really its just a stupid thing that goes through our heads and really i just try and start doing busy work and eventually forget about it.
I tend to do the same :)
Or even worse, I disappear for quite a while from my damed phone.
-kim

Badjedidude said:

----Steve

So true, sometimes I see people who get messaged every 5 seconds :p
But girls tend to like receiving messages all the time, so it isnt that weird :)

Oh it's the same for me and I'm a guy. I've found a girl I like for once, and she seems interested in me (she's at least not blatantly dismissive) but she doesn't initiate contact that often. Makes for bad mood swings. It's weird though, I'm insecure until I hear my phone making a sound. Then I'm totally cool, I don't have to rush off and read the text right away. Well, sometimes I do, because I fear the message will go along the lines of "Look Mr P, you're a great guy and all, but you're not my type..." and that's killing me.
It's all thinking about the details; "did I reply after a good enough delay, do I show correct amount of interest, etc." blah. I'm a newbie at this. But also, "will she feel detached from me because we don't talk all the time, like we're not supposed to be together?"
I'm trying to take my brain off of her by programming (doing my work), but big amounts of programming tend to make me asexual (or maybe it's the worrying, but I've noticed it's done so before), which would also drive her away and I would get the inevitable "great guy"-text :|

Chillax gal...Trust me most of the guys I have seen and met b4...none of them really understand wht we(gals) want frm them... I dunno whether they dunno or pretend to be...hmmm guys will never change...
***plz note, im not saying all the guys...anyway I never met a guy who really understand womens(well not even 80%)...still wonder where all the good guys went??

Latest posts

Back