Serious question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jovi88 said:
Batman55 said:
Gutted said:
There is someone out there for everyone. But there isn't someone PERFECT out there for everyone. You might have to accept someone with aspects you don't like. As stated (I think) You need to be flexible yourself.

"The people I'm interested in aren't interested in me; those interested in me, I'm not interested in"

I don't think my answer is to keep lowering my standards. I don't have very high standards. I would accept most if not all of my many problems and deficiencies in another partner, and also accept that such a person may be very hard to find because I'm so far out of the mainstream, I may as well be in another dimension.

But what about this: If I'm an average looking guy, is it such a horrible thing to say, I'd like an average looking woman? I've seen guys say this before and get slammed for it. But look more closely... is it not true that everyone has standards? Is it not true that when the great majority of men put up a profile on a dating site, they are skipped over for the small minority that live within the "worthy zone"--however you define it?

The same thing happens to me. I like a guy that don't like me, and i don't like a guy that likes me. Should i force myself to accept a guy that likes me but i don't?
My friends told me that i should do that. But i just can't.

No, what would be the point in doing that? It would just create unhappiness for both of you.

Stonelands said:
Jovi88 said:
Batman55 said:
Gutted said:
There is someone out there for everyone. But there isn't someone PERFECT out there for everyone. You might have to accept someone with aspects you don't like. As stated (I think) You need to be flexible yourself.

"The people I'm interested in aren't interested in me; those interested in me, I'm not interested in"

I don't think my answer is to keep lowering my standards. I don't have very high standards. I would accept most if not all of my many problems and deficiencies in another partner, and also accept that such a person may be very hard to find because I'm so far out of the mainstream, I may as well be in another dimension.

But what about this: If I'm an average looking guy, is it such a horrible thing to say, I'd like an average looking woman? I've seen guys say this before and get slammed for it. But look more closely... is it not true that everyone has standards? Is it not true that when the great majority of men put up a profile on a dating site, they are skipped over for the small minority that live within the "worthy zone"--however you define it?

The same thing happens to me. I like a guy that don't like me, and i don't like a guy that likes me. Should i force myself to accept a guy that likes me but i don't?

No, what would be the point in doing that? It would just create unhappiness for both of you.

Because i'm already 30, most of my friends had kids already. In my country, the pressure is hard for women in 30s that haven't married. I begin to doubt that i can find my soulmate.

Jovi88 said:
Stonelands said:
Jovi88 said:
Batman55 said:
Gutted said:

Because i'm already 30, most of my friends had kids already. In my country, the pressure is hard for women in 30s that haven't married. I begin to doubt that i can find my soulmate.

I still say don't do it. It isn't fair to anyone involved and it isn't likely to work.

Stonelands said:
Jovi88 said:
Stonelands said:
Jovi88 said:
Batman55 said:

I still say don't do it. It isn't fair to anyone involved and it isn't likely to work.

Stonelands is right. You will not only make yourself miserable, you will end up losing a part of your soul. And this, my dear, you will never be able to forgive yourself for. Trust me. ("Been there, done that.")

daughter of the moon said:
Stonelands said:
Jovi88 said:
Stonelands said:
Jovi88 said:

Stonelands is right. You will not only make yourself miserable, you will end up losing a part of your soul. And this, my dear, you will never be able to forgive yourself for. Trust me. ("Been there, done that.")

Hi there, you've done that? Really? Can you told me about your story? Thanks before.

Latest posts

Back