she is coming over soon and i don't even knows if she likes me!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
WhatConfidence? said:
EveWasFramed said:
AFrozenSoul said:
If she accepts him he can continue down the path.

The path to statutory rape?? She's a freshman in high school.

What the hell!?! I don't want to rape anyone!

I didnt suggest that you did - that's a legal term.

Yes, it's just a legal term. Sex with a minor is statutory rape. In some states in the US, you can get into legal trouble for having sex with someone under the age of consent, even if you are not an adult.
It's better not to take the risk. There are a lot of risks involved with underaged sex - so what ever you choose, make sure you are safe and you make the right decision for you and your future.

Badjedidude said:
Don't have sex with her.

You're not running out of time, the clock isn't ticking, the world isn't ending.

You have YEARS AND YEARS in which to prepare for sex and higher dating and long-term relationships.

Just focus on school right now -- girls can come later.

The worst thing that you could do right now is have sex and get a girl pregnant or something.

I would probably advise you to wait until you're at least 17 to consider having sex. Even older, if you can stand it.

^^^Good advice, listen everyone, remember what it was like at that age? WhatConfidence; If you do decide to have sex, ALWAYS use protection!!!!

Barbaloot said:
Yes, it's just a legal term. Sex with a minor is statutory rape. In some states in the US, you can get into legal trouble for having sex with someone under the age of consent, even if you are not an adult.

Does this count for both genders? Are both charged with statutory rape if both are under the age of consent?
Sorry, I have to ask. American law is mostly new to me... very interesting. :)

Barbaloot said:
Why would someone your age insist that someone barely in his teens have sex, when it's obvious he's not comfortable with the idea?
Insist? I have said several times it is his choice. Second, I am not the only one insisting. Finally, I am just just suggesting a different scenario. After all, this forum is the shining example of what happens to guys who just do nothing.

I will say it again what he does is his choice. He can just kiss her and that be it. After all, they are young and kiss is practically sex. My overall encouragement is for him to try something. Not rope himself into awkward silence caused by his lack of balls. Or get dropped square in the friend zone and be stuck there waiting for his chance to be the boyfriend. That might come when he is in his 40s

AFrozenSoul said:
Barbaloot said:
Why would someone your age insist that someone barely in his teens have sex, when it's obvious he's not comfortable with the idea?
Insist? I have said several times it is his choice. Second, I am not the only one insisting. Finally, I am just just suggesting a different scenario. After all, this forum is the shining example of what happens to guys who just do nothing.

I will say it again what he does is his choice. He can just kiss her and that be it. After all, they are young and kiss is practically sex. My overall encouragement is for him to try something. Not rope himself into awkward silence caused by his lack of balls. Or get dropped square in the friend zone and be stuck there waiting for his chance to be the boyfriend. That might come when he is in his 40s

I think the question being posed here is why the topic of sex is even being brought up in advising a young teenage boy what to do about his high school crush whom he doesn't even know likes him. There's already enough teenage pregnancy going around. Worrying about sex when you're only a kid only causes undue stress and, in fact, even promotes a lifestyle of awkwardness, friendzones, and waiting for chances that may never come. This forum is, indeed, the shining example of men who do nothing - men who do nothing but wish and pray and hope for a girl to come fresia their brains out and pay them obscene amounts of attention. We need no more of that.

OP, honesty is the best advice I can give you. Be courteous, be courageous, and be respectful. State your feelings, but don't force them on the girl. And, finally, if the answer isn't what you were hoping for, understand that everyone has feelings and sometimes you won't be able to win a person's affection. Just like you like her, she may like someone else. But always remember that unless you get rejected, you always have a shot.
Then, remember that the beauty of life is that there are so many other things to think and dream about that a girl will be the least of your worries. In the time you're not busy being infatuated, make sure to cushion your life with lots of fun things that you love to do. That way, when girls come and go, there'll always be interests, hobbies, and maybe even a nice career that you'll always love.

PyramidHead said:
Barbaloot said:

Does this count for both genders? Are both charged with statutory rape if both are under the age of consent?
Sorry, I have to ask. American law is mostly new to me... very interesting. :)

It can and they can be, but this really depends on the state, the ages involved, the nature of the offense and the eagerness of the prosecution. In some states two minors of the same age having sex could equally be prosecuted (like in California), if one party is older the guilt usually falls on them.

And AFS... just wow. Page 1? Your mentality is very troubling.

Barbaloot said:
And AFS...just wow. Page 1? Your mentality is very troubling.

Let's see...

AFrozenSoul said:
Well the best way to find out if a girl wants to have sex with you is to try and have sex with her. I said try, do not force yourself on her if she rejects you. Stop being wuss and just go with the flow. It is easier to do something and ask for forgiveness than it is to ask and get approval.

"Stop being a wuss..."

Yeah, it's all about choices up in here.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
OP, honesty is the best advice I can give you. Be courteous, be courageous, and be respectful. State your feelings, but don't force them on the girl. And, finally, if the answer isn't what you were hoping for, understand that everyone has feelings and sometimes you won't be able to win a person's affection. Just like you like her, she may like someone else. But always remember that unless you get rejected, you always have a shot.
Then, remember that the beauty of life is that there are so many other things to think and dream about that a girl will be the least of your worries. In the time you're not busy being infatuated, make sure to cushion your life with lots of fun things that you love to do. That way, when girls come and go, there'll always be interests, hobbies, and maybe even a nice career that you'll always love.
You are completely right. For the never ending quest to achieve a girl friend is not worth pouring all my time into( but maybe a little ;) )

I will continue to update this thread on the topic of me and my crush's status. in other news i am going to a party today and i was thinking of inviting her to come with me. she hasn't been texting me back recently and i fell like i shouldn't text her because i might be smothering her. what do i do?

I would say send her a text informing her about the party. Make sure that is all you say, do not ask her out or anything like that. Just give a location, a time, and a hope to see you there. If she comes that is great. If she doesn't, life moves on. Do not bring it up if she is not there.

Make sure that you are not basing your mood on whether or not she is there. If she shows up then great, if not great plenty of other talent. Stand Up straight, relax, smile. If you see her at the party casually make your way over to her. When she is over at your place make sure you are relaxed. It is great to have her company, that fact doesn't make or break your night.

Do not be wishy washy, that kills attraction.

Latest posts

Back