She's coming over! Help!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SocratesX said:
Yeah, it may make you wanna facepalm, but that's what the facebook photos of at least 50% of my female acquaintances look like, man.

Or you could find a better class of female acquaintances.

tangerinedream said:
SocratesX said:
Yeah, it may make you wanna facepalm, but that's what the facebook photos of at least 50% of my female acquaintances look like, man.

Or you could find a better class of female acquaintances.

With friends that look like that, why would he?

My first thought too when I saw them. The girl ThePsychologist doesn't fit that picture. The girl he talked about sound like she a morals

So what happened?

I LOVE the way SocratesX announced that a guy should expect a girl who didn't even want a mouth on her will want a penis inside of her vagina.

nerdygirl said:
So what happened?

I LOVE the way SocratesX announced that a guy should expect a girl who didn't even want a mouth on her will want a penis inside of her vagina.

Same here lol.

Well, she came over last weekend. We chose not to have dinner so she came a little later.

It was very cold outside so I made a nice fire for her to warm herself by. And then we basicly talked for 3 hours straight. It was really nice. But during those conversations she gave several hints that she would enjoy staying the night at my place, but somehow I did not give in. I wanted it, but something hold me back. There where countless times I could have said "You can sleep here if you want", but no.

I think it is because we weren't touchy or anything like that. I feel like it is my job to iniaite some physical contact in a small way, but I just find that very hard to do. I thought it would feel like I would force myself upon her or something like that.

So when she left (in good spirits), I text messaged her that I enjoyed the company and that I secretly wanted her to stay. To which she replied she would have loved that aswell. So she then texted to me that we will make out the next time we meet if I want it or not :p

So I'm happy! We are taking it very slow, but it feels right. Step by step we are getting there :)

Just thinking how to start out regarding the making out part next time.

ThePsychologist said:
Well, she came over last weekend. We chose not to have dinner so she came a little later.

It was very cold outside so I made a nice fire for her to warm herself by. And then we basicly talked for 3 hours straight. It was really nice. But during those conversations she gave several hints that she would enjoy staying the night at my place, but somehow I did not give in. I wanted it, but something hold me back. There where countless times I could have said "You can sleep here if you want", but no.

I think it is because we weren't touchy or anything like that. I feel like it is my job to iniaite some physical contact in a small way, but I just find that very hard to do. I thought it would feel like I would force myself upon her or something like that.

So when she left (in good spirits), I text messaged her that I enjoyed the company and that I secretly wanted her to stay. To which she replied she would have loved that aswell. So she then texted to me that we will make out the next time we meet if I want it or not :p

So I'm happy! We are taking it very slow, but it feels right. Step by step we are getting there :)

Just thinking how to start out regarding the making out part next time.

doublefacepalm.jpg

Great! If you weren't sure before, by now you must know she's into you, so you can stop being stressed out.

Honestly, over-thinking won't help because this stuff almost never goes the way we expect it to. When you see her, greet her with a kiss. Seriously, do it before you have the time to freak out. I'm not saying you should attack her, but don't make it a quick peck on the cheek, either.

nerdygirl said:
Great! If you weren't sure before, by now you must know she's into you, so you can stop being stressed out.

Honestly, over-thinking won't help because this stuff almost never goes the way we expect it to. When you see her, greet her with a kiss. Seriously, do it before you have the time to freak out. I'm not saying you should attack her, but don't make it a quick peck on the cheek, either.

Nerdygirl, this dude almost COMPLETELY blew it. I can 100% bet that she has found a sexual provider somewhere else by now.

I would highly recommend that the OP starts looking for other girls IMMEDIATELY and gives it ONE more shot, and you're right, he needs to greet her with a kiss.

I don't hold it agains the OP, because often times when a dude goes along time with no experience, and then a girl shows interest in him, he doesn't know WHAT to do. He probably suffers from love-shyness.

He has ONE more chance. If he doesn't MAKE OUT with her, then he needs to kick her out of his life, and find a new girl. Pronto.

Okay, ThePsychologist. You have two suggestions so far.

You can throw away the girl who likes you because you haven't treated her like the promiscuous girls SocratesX digs... or you can carry on.

Considering the girl told you that the two of you are going to make out the next time you see each other, whether you want to or not, I'd go with option number two.

Socratesx just pls I'm asking you......no beggin pls jstfu. You are such @£%*#. Not all women are whores. Some actually have take their time before being jumped. I'm trying to treat you with respect but you..................Not all women are sluts!!!!!!!!!! I can say so much more but would rather just leave it at that.

@ThePsychologist

I'm glad things went so well. It was probably much easier and relaxing then you thought it would be. Believe me once you make out you'll wonder why you where so stressed about it. If she suggested making out on your next date she really wants to, really really wants to. Giving her a nice soft kiss on say hello is a good idea. But don't stress to much about it. If she wants to make out she'll try and get you to do so in her own subtile way. Don't let it rest now as you could fall in danger of going into friendship mode, with most women you don't want that. Don't stress it let it just happen.

When did I call all women sluts??? Women don't "take their time" to "get comfortable" with dudes they find sexy. Is this girl Amish or a hijabi-wearing Muslim? If they are attracted, things happen. That doesn't make them "sluts" or "promiscuous". It's just the way people behave. After three dates, people AT LEAST make out, or you are "friendzoned." All the Catholics, Muslims, and Evangelical Protestants I know even stick their tongues in each other's mouths by the third date to seal the deal.

I didn't say this chick wasn't attracted to the OP. He's obviously new to the game and nervous and shy, but he needs to be more aggressive, or else she is going to keep him around to perform favors while she bones a different dude. He needs to start looking at other girls, but keep this girl around. If this girl is attractive, then it's most likely that she can replace the OP with a snap of her fingers.

I just can't understand why the OP sent the chick home when SHE wanted to stay over.

Socrates is 100% right. You don't have to sleep with a girl or act like a dog; but you cannot act neutered. If she wasn't giving signs of wanting more, I wouldn't be as concerned. *Intellectually* she may say to herself, 'what a gentleman!', which is why she's still hanging on; but to turn a woman down completely when she's showing sexual interest is going to send bad signals to her subconsciously.

However, don't beat yourself up over it. I know there's A LOT of pressure on men, so take it one step at a time. Remember, a nervous lover is 1000% times better than a guy who doesn't seem to be interested in sex; and you don't need to go all the way.

Oh. My ex-husband was a virgin when I married him, after 2 1/2 years of dating; so that in and of itself is not show stopper.

Sterling said:
Please...do not go with Socrates or Mary's advice. Go with nerdy's.

Nerdy girl had originally suggested that this date would be a good time to make out.

I'm agreeing with Socrates because he understand the consequences of what happened.

Latest posts

Back