Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School (UPDATE: 26 DEAD)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of similar events have there been in recent years ? Did Someone start a very bad seed to spread in the minds of dangerous people to do such a thing, for no other motive than 'because they can' .

How you stop that I don't know, but hope someone finds the answer to stop it.

monkeysox said:
How many of similar events have there been in recent years ? Did Someone start a very bad seed to spread in the minds of dangerous people to do such a thing, for no other motive than 'because they can' .

How you stop that I don't know, but hope someone finds the answer to stop it.

It's not even limited to America.

In the past decade or two, there's been a surge of knife attacks in China, where people walk into schools and just start stabbing children to death, often killing scores before being stopped.

Yet we never really hear about it and nobody in the West really cares.

I don't think it has much to do with American society or lack or morals or anything like that.

There are crazy people everywhere in the world, and crazy people do awful things. That's just how the world works.

Sometimes its hard for people to digest or even reject it happens - 'Fear'

Too easy to blank it out mentally and move on when its happening in another country - so yes I can see what you are saying.

The senseless killing of children on mass is a hard one to grasp as a fact of life.

Psycho? You guys would make shitty detectives...

You don't throw your life away and kill a bunch of kids without some kind of motive...

It was a setup. The media was on top of it quickly and all the articles calling for outrageous gun control laws came out like clockwork. That's what this is about. It's just another 911...

[video=youtube]

Badjedidude said:
I really don't want to diminish this tragedy... because it IS a huge tragedy. I hate to see things like this happen, to see lives destroyed and so many opportunities for children just... wasted like they're nothing.

But before we begin to yell about how American society is falling apart, let's look at some other regions of the world. Somalia, anyone? Chechnya? Afghanistan? Myanmar/Burma?

We have it pretty good here in America, I think. Let's not let the few tragedies that we experience here trick us into believing that we need to overthrow what we have. YES, America always needs to strive to be better. But let's not let sensationalism rule the day, shall we? The standard police response to a shooting like this is AT LEAST five times faster than it would be in most other parts of the world. Can you imagine the amount of support that will come from charities and goodwill for the victims of this school shooting? How many already mourn for those who've lost? Several of you have mentioned that your own relatives have felt sorrow about this tragedy.

So I think it may be going too far to start yammering about American society breaking down or experiencing some huge dive into a moral hell.

Huge tragedy? Yes.

Reason to doubt American society? I don't think so.

There will always be crazies who do these sorts of things, regardless of the moral condition the rest society finds itself in.
EDIT: SORRY JEDI. I DIDN'T MEAN TO QUOTE YOU.

I think the solution would be to make all guns illegal. Oh wait, killing is already illegal. Weirdly, it seems that most criminals don't obey the laws. I reckon the only ones that would obey the gun laws are the law-abiding citizens, by sheer coincidence, also wouldn't burst into a school and shoot people at random. No, in fact, things may have turned out quite differently if each of those teacher's had a government-issued AR15 in a lockbox on the wall.

Phaedron said:
It was a setup. The media was on top of it quickly and all the articles calling for outrageous gun control laws came out like clockwork. That's what this is about. It's just another 911...

Yes, I've already heard all the conspiracy crap about this being caused and used by the Obama administration to pass ultra-strict Brady campaign legislation.

Do I actually believe it?

fresia no.

Scary to think that each day we send our most prized possessions into a building, packed tightly, unsecured, and ready to be slaughtered by guns in a gun-free zone. I reckon the killer didn't see the sign saying "Gun-Free Zone" either. It's a shame that we post security guards in our banks to guard our money, but don't even put in metal detectors, security, or weapons to secure our most prized of all possessions: our children.

Happy fuckin' holidays eh?
Half of the parents of those poor children have probably already bought and wrapped gifts for them that will never be opened.
images-2.jpg

Phaedron said:

You don't throw your life away and kill a bunch of kids without some kind of motive...

[video=youtube]

You make a shitty human being- where is your compassion!

Idiot!

I would have thought what happened at the Batman premiere was enough motive to change gun control laws - don't agree with such a conspiracy theory. The press are always quick on stories, so are the conspiracy theory threads on U tube.

I just think that it would be a good idea to allow time for other members to read and post how they feel. I just don't want to see it closed due to discord before other members who haven't seen it yet can post their feelings.

monkeysox said:
I would have thought what happened at the Batman premiere was enough motive to change gun control laws - don't agree with such a conspiracy theory. The press are always quick on stories, so are the conspiracy theory threads on U tube.

The amendment was put in place for choice, responsibility has little to do with the law. People who will want guns for crimes will always find a way to get them, but responsible individuals who want to protect themselves are the ones being restricted. It sucks, but that's the truth.

Well, the issue is really that people are saying "MY heart is broken. I am saddened by this, etc". Yes, it is a sad thing for our country that this is happening on a regular basis and I am sure that it is saddening for all of us. The thing that I don't understand is how everyone is pointing out the obvious instead of focusing on the issue itself which are the families, the kids, the teachers, and the people who are directly affected by this. Yes it effects EVERYONE but right now the main focus should be on them. fresia the morality speeches. fresia the "what should have happened" honeysuckle. fresia "I think we need better gun control" comments that people are making (no I am not meaning this thread, I am meaning in general). Instead of saying "I think" or" I feel" or "I am" why not say "them" or "they" and then everyone should discuss what needs to be done or what SHOULD have been done. This is such a tragic thing especially innocent kids being hurt. The entire country is effected but I must add this....How many shootings have happened? How many times have people said "this should be done or this is what is wrong"? What keeps happening over and over again? Yes it is sad as fresia but I am not shocked. I also feel that if the press didn't glamorize it then maybe better things could be done and people wouldn't idolize over it. People like to feed on these things other than do something about it. Also, I think it is bullshit honeysuckle that they already interviewed a kid. If I was their parent I wouldn't allow it.

I'm on a self imposed news blackout for the next few days. It's simply too painful to hear about girls and boys so young they still believe in Santa Claus being shot in cold blood. My kid is 6, the same age as some of the small victims.
Plus, American massacres and their aftermaths now have a predictable formula: wall to wall live reporting with some rumors reported as fact, 911 calls replayed on the news, video of people running to the scene, law enforcement news conferences, mug shot or DMV photo of a young white male shooter, neighbors telling reporters the shooter was a "quiet" person who kept to himself, media talking only a day or two after about the victims' families getting "closure", a little bit of hand wringing about a culture awash in weapons designed to murder and maim many, reports on how the killer had a cache of weapons and ammo all bought legally....rinse and repeat for the next massacre coming soon near you.
There needs to be some serious discussion now about gun control. Forget the "it's too soon" excuse. That excuse, sponsored by the NRA, gets dragged out after every killing. I'm calling my Congressional reps and state legislators to get something done pronto.

Teresa

Phaedron said:

I wouldn't be so quick to say it's another 911, in this case it seems like they are using it for political purposes, that's what many politicians do after this kind of events. They want more gun controls and this is a good excuse for them to carry on with their interests.

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:
Also, I think it is bullshit honeysuckle that they already interviewed a kid. If I was their parent I wouldn't allow it.

Couldn't agree more... a new low for journalism.

WTF. Seriously? Set up or no set up INNOCENT CHILDREN WERE HURT! Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back