sideways talker

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideways talkers are ...

• common

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • uncommon

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
U

ucxb

someone who can't communicate directly ~ Urban dictionary

I am curious if indirectly speaking is a common style amongst peoples observations and if you are more familiar with indirectly speaking people than not?

It's very common, I am equally familiar to both, and I prefer direct people, they do not sap my energy and do not mislead me.

I'd say people around here are more direct- unless they're gossiping ;)

I have a colleague in my department who is totally a sideways talker with me. Not with my other colleague though. For some reason, she seems to put on a cool strong front when I'm around, and totally not when I'm not there. Because of this, she says one thing to me (usually only positive things), and another (usually negative) to the others. Basically complaining about everything wrong to them, but not to me, which pisses me off because if she were to discuss her issues, I would be willing and flexible enough to work things around to ensure that everyone's happy in the department. Cos now that makes it seem like I'm a bad department coordinator.

It drives me insane!!!!

^ Is the boss of a department.
Data mining 101 :p Also, way to go :)

I think your colleague is using some kind of passive-aggressive behavior. You (and most of everyone?) deserve to be treated in an honest way.

perfanoff said:
^ Is the boss of a department.
Data mining 101 :p Also, way to go :)

I think your colleague is using some kind of passive-aggressive behavior. You (and most of everyone?) deserve to be treated in an honest way.

Haha.. not boss, just coordinator.

I do agree, I'd be most willing to discuss and am pretty flexible with new ideas just as long as it's workable and everyone's happy.

There's always gotta be that one.. bad apple.

What's so bad about wanting a positive change? Well, unless you hope it "falls from the sky" for you

Latest posts

Back