Sites dedicated to making new friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garenth

Reaction score
I'm looking for forums or communities dedicated to making friends. Does anyone have any useful links to share? I've looked around a bit but most of what I find seem to be dating related, which is not what I'm looking for.

MySpace and Facebook is not what I'm looking for either, as both of those seem to be about either collecting as many "friends" as possible (MySpace) or simply keeping in touch with real-life friends (Facebook).

I'm looking for something a bit more... genuine? I did find a link to a website here on the Networking forum a while back that seemed to be just what I was looking for, but I can neither remember what it was called nor where I found it exactly. :(

So I'm hoping that some of you would have some recommendations, any input is welcome!

Garenth said:
MySpace and Facebook is not what I'm looking for either, as both of those seem to be about either collecting as many "friends" as possible (MySpace) or simply keeping in touch with real-life friends (Facebook).

You can add ALL people and get to know them better :) I only have one person I know in real life added, the rest are ALL people and a few non ALL.

P.S. I don't know of any other sites for that, sorry.

Yup, I'm a member of interpals. I talk to some people from there; probably not as often as I should. :p... but oh well. Pretty much everyone on there is friendly, but you do see a lot of Turkish guys chasing women around, asking them to marry 'em. I'm sooooo not joking about that, either. Go look.

lulz

What the heck is up with those Turkish guys? They sneak onto Facebook now too.

Let me know how Interpals works out for you. I looked at it once, but all the girls looked like they were really web cammers fishing for new customers.

Interpals eh.. sounds neat. :p if you get attacked by can girls just tell the you would rather do the can show with them. That is what I do when I get attacked by them. You never know who will go for it.

Latest posts

Back