Smiling

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
There is this woman that I sometimes see on my walk she never smiles her husband is the same way,now I'm not saying that everyone has to have a smile on there face,I'm a person that likes to say hello to people that I see on my walk,and I like to smile at them,I know that their are some people that just don't like to smile,but,what do you think it is,that some people just don't like to smile?

Honestly when I nearly got kidnapped, my mother told me it was my fault for smiling and waving at the man everyday on my walk to school 🙃 so idk… but in general… sometimes I think it can be in efforts to not accidentally initiate conversations.

My guess is that they are androids sent here to spy on us, and can't smile because, since they are machines, they are incapable of feeling emotion 🤖😄

No really though, I think some people just aren't natural smilers, where it's a habit to them.

Some people probably don't think I'm a smiler either, but it's just that they don't see me at the right times.

Or they don't say the right things to tickle my funny bone! 😆

Last edited:
Honestly when I nearly got kidnapped, my mother told me it was my fault for smiling and waving at the man everyday on my walk to school 🙃 so idk… but in general… sometimes I think it can be in efforts to not accidentally initiate conversations.
very true 🙂

I smile at people all the time, I usually get a smile back or a hello or nod. I guess some people are just shy or have problems with confidence

I smile at people all the time, I usually get a smile back or a hello or nod. I guess some people are just shy or have problems with confidence
I'm guessing it's all tied to the later.
Only exception is the numerous times I get bummed for something by a homeless dude or gal. If I said yes, it'd cost me 2 packs of smoke or 60 dollars a day now.

Do they just not smile or do they have an "unapproachable" look on their face? They may simply not want to be bothered so resting b face it is. I do that sometimes. There are times I just don't want people talking to me.

Do they just not smile or do they have an "unapproachable" look on their face? They may simply not want to be bothered so resting b face it is. I do that sometimes. There are times I just don't want people talking to me.
They just don't smile,they will say hello though,it's mostly just the woman that I see walking by herself,very rarely is she walking with her husband.

It's hard to be smiley when our insides are twisted by things in our life. We can't know what occupies someone's thoughts. Some people can still manage to throw out a fake smile to cover their anguish, but some just can't even do that. If you actually engaged in a conversation with them, like asked them for directions of something, their more pleasant side might come to the surface for a moment.

Some people just don't like to smile or can't smile well. It's not true that everyone can smile. Facial structure can be more favourable for smiling on some people. I don't have a very smiley mouth, but I do have my version of a smile.

And Cherubino does make a good point. Women seem be to less willing to smile at strangers these days.

It's hard to be smiley when our insides are twisted by things in our life. We can't know what occupies someone's thoughts. Some people can still manage to throw out a fake smile to cover their anguish, but some just can't even do that. If you actually engaged in a conversation with them, like asked them for directions of something, their more pleasant side might come to the surface for a moment.

Some people just don't like to smile or can't smile well. It's not true that everyone can smile. Facial structure can be more favourable for smiling on some people. I don't have a very smiley mouth, but I do have my version of a smile.

And Cherubino does make a good point. Women seem be to less willing to smile at strangers these days.
very true

for me, I have always been self conscious about my teeth. It's uh, a bit like Freddy Mercury's but except Freddy was awesome though.

and also what okidoke said here
It's hard to be smiley when our insides are twisted by things in our life.
I can't put up a front and pretend. That's just how I am but if people still approached me I would gladly have a chat with them.

for me, I have always been self conscious about my teeth. It's uh, a bit like Freddy Mercury's but except Freddy was awesome though.
😁

I can't put up a front and pretend.
It comes easy to many people with depression, which isn’t a good thing really because others get the wrong impression of you.

After watching Smile (2022) I think I'm good. 😬 I will never see overly smiling people the same again. 😅

Also, my friends wife is beautiful and I remember her ranting a bit while we were drinking and smoking at there place about her job about a decade back and I remember her specifically saying: "I ******* hate it when customers tell me I should smile more. Like no, get out of my store, ya creep!" 😂

Now in all actuality because I've got a sense of humor and I'm easily amused I probably smile and laugh way more than I actually realize.

Latest posts

Back