So are you just lonely, or also depressed?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonely, Depressed, Both?

• Total voters
T

timdjohn

So my question is:

• How many of you here are just lonely?

• How many are depressed?

• How many are both lonely and depressed?

With me being lonely triggers of my depression, then when I get depressed I just don't want to do anything. I haven't been at this site for very long but by reading the posts and some of the advise that I have got, I am starting to get some hope and self will.

I'm more often lonely than depressed but being lonely tends to trigger depression.

I think they're two sides of the same coin. If you're lonely, it's easy to become depressed...and if you're depressed, you usually aren't friendly or outgoing, which can make you lonely.

For me, I think I'm depressed because I'm lonely. It's one of the contributing factors.

I am both lonely and depressed,for me its not so much that they go hand in hand.My lonelyness is partly do to the fact that I suffer from social anxiety disorder,its just difficult for me to socialize in general.I also suffer from depression and this is not due to be lonely,I have suffered with it since my early teens and since then even at the rare times when I am not lonely I still deal with it.That being said being lonely(most espeically as I have been very lonely the past few years)has made the depression much worse.

I'm lonely and depressed. My depression doesn't just come from being lonely sometimes, there are other factors that cause it. I also sometimes feel lonely without being depressed. At the moment, and most of the time, I am both. It's not always a social lonliness because even when I'm around people I still feel alone, and often times even more so.

Lonely, depressed and totally lost.. I have very few true friends, my relationship is falling apart and every step I have the option of taking, feels like it would be wrong on some level

A little bit of both. But I know that if I weren't so lonely, I wouldn't feel as depressed. It goes hand-in-hand.

I'm lonely, but I wouldn't say depressed. There are moments when everything just feel totally hopeless, but I can suck it up (for now anyway)

Both. Not sure if one is a/the cause of the other. All I know is I don't know how much longer I can deal with it all. Or how much more I can take.

There have been moments where I've thought I was depressed and maybe I am but generally I feel I'm just lonely and any depression I may have is caused by that

Mostly just lonely. Depression hits me sometimes on the weekends but not all that often.

Well, I would say that in my case both, depression and loneliness
that is, are at the same time the cause and the result of the other.
I know it may sound confusing, as it even does to me, so I´ll try to
explain:

*being lonely all the [censored] time causes me to feel extremely
depressed, to the point of considering suicide for a fourth time.

*since I am extremely depressed, I tend to drive even those
kamikaz...er, brave ones who try to get close to me [a number
that by the way, has been zero lately] and since I lack the
confidence or willpower required to do anything, I don´t try
to even get a bit close to anyone as my mind and past
experiences have taught me that pretty much every attempt
will end in rejection.

*now, as I have driven everything and everyone away because
of depression, I sink into the depths of isolation, which by the
way, increases loneliness even more.

*go back to step one. rinse and repeat.

See =)?

I think loneliness and depression are more or less connected to each other.
So if you're one of them, you're probably both of them.

I'm only depressed and lonely so now and then, not constantly.

Guess loneliness causes depression.

I am not lonely but feeling lonely
Depressed-no,guess contentment is doing its job

For me, loneliness is one of the most devastating emotions and being exposed to it for too long definately leads to depression in my case. Thankfully, my mind seems to be immune to it from time to time, so I'm not constantly bothered by my loneliness (sometimes it's strangely comforting), even though it always lurks deeper down.

Latest posts

Back