So February 14th is nearly upon us!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
I am of course referring to Valentine's day which I should expect makes most of the people on here want to put a gun to their head and pull the trigger.

This will be my 22nd valentine's day with no valentine and I plan to stay in bed for the whole duration. I won't be turning on the T.V. or the radio and I certainly won't be leaving my room.

It's all a load of complete and utter honeysuckle.

I wish I could do that too. I think I'll be working. I'm not even sure...I have to be super strong and not vomit all over the loving couples in the restaurant.

hmm thats pretty extreme way to carry on just because you have nobody to spend it with, I dont either but its not gonna stop me from having a normal day.

guys, how about an ANTI v-day party?
let's wear all black and dance to metal XD and draw dead couples on the walls XD

ok that might be extreme, but well, it's just a normal day. you don't have to feel in any way different from what you usually are just bc some a-holes are trying to mooch money from people. and well - that's the ONLY reason this "holiday" happens.

(hugs)

i do understand the pain - i'm just saying, don't give it any importance.
yesterday, today, and tomorrow are exactly the same in that instance.

packyourbags said:
i'm just saying, don't give it any importance.
yesterday, today, and tomorrow are exactly the same in that instance.

i was gonna say that :p

its awkward when youre with someone, because so much emphasis is put on being with them, and pressure to have sex. but... to much lovey honeysuckle is bothersome, so we agreed to not see each other. lol.

control the day, dont let it control you.

i have a pretty cool gift. so i aint fretting.

After years of getting presents (flowers, candy, etc) I couldn't give a crap about, I'm celebrating my first valentine alone by buying myself something I'll love.

Valentine's Day isn't a bad day for me. It's just another day, really....no better, no worse than any others. It COULD be better if I had a girlfriend, but since I don't...*shrug* lol just another day to waste online. :p

----Steve

h i said:
its awkward when youre with someone, because so much emphasis is put on being with them, and pressure to have sex. but... to much lovey honeysuckle is bothersome, so we agreed to not see each other. lol.

control the day, dont let it control you.

i have a pretty cool gift. so i aint fretting.

Pressure to have sex? Sounds like the kind of pressure I could do with.

Last Feb 14 I was in Scotland, alone and loving it. No wife, no kids, just me and a wonderful new place to explore.:)
Not so lucky this year.:(

I asked a girl out this week, thinking she was intersted in me... she said she'd call me if she's available but I have an overwhelming feeling that isn't happening. Looks like I'll be spending V-day with a six pack...

Ridin Solo said:
I asked a girl out this week, thinking she was intersted in me... she said she'd call me if she's available but I have an overwhelming feeling that isn't happening. Looks like I'll be spending V-day with a six pack...

At least you tried man, well done :)

i don't understand why so many people on here are so desperate for a relationship?? it truly perplexes me. they are nothing but a pain in the ass and an emotional head fresia.

stella said:
i don't understand why so many people on here are so desperate for a relationship?? it truly perplexes me. they are nothing but a pain in the ass and an emotional head fresia.

for the sex

Just_Some_Dude said:
stella said:

for the sex

you don't need to be in a relationship for that, just go get a shag off someone. or pay a prostitute.

stella said:
Just_Some_Dude said:
stella said:

for the sex

you don't need to be in a relationship for that, just go get a shag off someone. or pay a prostitute.

because we are taught by all of the references to "storybook romances" in our cultures, that, we need to find someone "to complete us". problem is, this is inherently flawed. noone can complete you, but you. and if you are incomplete, you can't bring "all of you" to a relationship, because "all of you" doesn't exist. so they are doomed to fail.

relationships shouldn't be about partially whole individuals "completing" eachother.

they, instead, should be about completely whole individuals "sharing" their lives together.

I hate Valentine's Day too. I always get a bit crazy in the head this time of year. I'm not exactly sure why, either. It's not like I have any bad memories from the day. Hmm... I vote for an Anti-Valentine's Day! I know I'd have more fun on that day!

As for why people want relationships, I have no clue. I haven't ever had a romantic relationship before so I don't know what it's like. I hear both good and bad things about it, mostly bad tho, and yet I still really want a boyfriend. It's just a natural drive I guess! All this holiday does is remind me that I can't satisfy that drive. Bleh! :(

What I prefer to do is think of the day after -- I call it the Post-Valentine's Discount Candy Day! But still, I think I'll hole myself up in my room on the 14th.

Just_Some_Dude said:
for the sex

Not everyone wants a relationship just for that. That is just a shallow way of thinking and you can do it with someone you don't even care for.

As for Valentine's day, yes it does bother me, because so many people have someone. Just seeing my friend with his girlfriend, whom of which he has been with for awhile. Or a friend who's probably going to try and get laid for valentine's day does depress me just as examples. Although I try not to think about it. But I'll probably just spend Valentine's day inside doing not much of anything.

Latest posts

Back