So...how exactly do I get a girlfriend?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My coworkers tell me that the way I should try getting a gf is to buy a van and park it in a parking lot. Then when a female walks by, ask them to help me put a couch in the van. Then I should lock them inside.

It's a good thing I don't take my coworkers seriously.

EveWasFramed said:
Mike413 said:
Women in particular seem to want what they think they can't have or at least what doesn't come easy.

Misogynistic much?

I suppose that depends on who you ask but I would say no. It's just human nature. I love women(in the larger spiritual sense at least) but I'm not going to pretend they can't be high maintenance. Just because I'm honest about how I feel and it is sometimes not the most flattering things I say doesn't mean I'm misognistic anymore than you would be whatever a word is to indicate you hate men would be if you said "all men are pigs" or "jerks" or whatever.

photoapr18090414.jpg

Mike413 said:
[...] doesn't mean I'm misognistic anymore than you would be whatever a word is to indicate you hate men would be if you said "all men are pigs" or "jerks" or whatever.

The word is misandrist.

Mike413 said:
EveWasFramed said:
Mike413 said:
Women in particular seem to want what they think they can't have or at least what doesn't come easy.

Misogynistic much?

I suppose that depends on who you ask but I would say no. It's just human nature. I love women(in the larger spiritual sense at least) but I'm not going to pretend they can't be high maintenance. Just because I'm honest about how I feel and it is sometimes not the most flattering things I say doesn't mean I'm misognistic anymore than you would be whatever a word is to indicate you hate men would be if you said "all men are pigs" or "jerks" or whatever.

Ah yes, well, you see I don't say things like all men are pigs because I know that's a misandrist statement and also untrue. :D

Moe said:
Mike413 said:
being full of intrigue, humor and mystery.
Your name wouldn't happen to be James Bond would it?

LOL. Well there's a reason James Bond is with at least two different women in each movie. He knows how to make himself irresistible to women. There's also a little bit of a dangerous element to his character which makes him even more appealing. I'm not saying men should be dangerous or carry weapons in order to try to impress women but sometimes the darker element is something that intrigues women. In my opinion it could be because naughtiness and being bad relates to both danger and sex.

What Mike says does have some truth it in. Reality is reality, it is really hard to fight it.

-Why is it stereotype that guys become slobs and are not romantic once he got the girl?
-(saw this somewhere, and made me laugh)Wedding day is the happiest day of the bride, because she doesn't have to go down ever again.

Let's face it, we all desire to be desired. We try hard to be desired. Once we are, we stop trying, because we got it and it's not going anywhere. So this works both sides, for male and female. Males want to be wanted by the female. Female want to be wanted by the male. If one side gives in too fast, then the actions of desire fades.

How often do girls get stuff when they are dating? How often does the same girl get stuff once she is married? So if the girl doesnt get stuff now, she probably wont, so girls capitalize on getting as much stuff as possible now... Of course, that's not the real reason. The real reason is that the girl wants proof that the boy is genuine. How much is he willing to go for her? Because if he isn't willing now, why would he have any reason to be willing later?

it is simple to tear someone up for speaking their mind, even if they come out a little.. in your face (but not like... bam, take that). SOCIETY made it so its boys get girls stuff. SOCIETY made it so the boy takes girl out. SOCIETY made it so the boy proposes. SOCIETY tells girls to be patient and wait for the boy to act. It's not the boy's or the girl's fault. It is society (or tradition).

If you want to break tradition, that's fine. You just cant expect others to also break tradition just because you did. You have to take the initiative to find out if they are following tradition/society or doing things their own way. Either way, you wont know unless you do something.. like, ask them.

purplebutterfly said:
don't look for one and one shall come it always works like that :)

I'm going to stop looking for a million pounds.... :D

purplebutterfly said:
don't look for one and one shall come it always works like that :)

Hasn't worked for me. I stopped looking a long time ago and here I am with no woman.

I suppose I have to stop taking female repellant pills. Yeah, that's it. Lol.

Latest posts

Back