So why online instead of in life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Broken Dreams,

Yes, I long for that aspect of childhood--where a person's actions and ways of being are what you see rather than judging them on the physical appearance. Adults are so shallow compared to little kids!

lonelygirl said:
Adults are so shallow compared to little kids!

Wow, it's too bad that you guys feel that way. I always feel the exact opposite. I had a really hard time as a child. I was always teased and ridiculed. In school the other kids always played tricks on me or would pretend they were going to play with me and then joke about it. Now as an adult, I don't encounter any of that. I may not have friends, but people at work are always very kind and respectful, and people at shops and offices are polite too. I feel like with each stage of my life, people are treating me better and better. High school was better than grade school, college was better than high school, graduate school is much better than undergrad, etc. I've always heard that children are cruel. I agree.

I have to deal with the people in my life almost everyday. They would pester me if I told them. They wouldn't console or comfort or try to help... They would just hold it against me. I've learned that the hard way, that people don't understand and don't care about any feelings but their own. Any weakness shown is just used as ammo.

I'd rather be online where people are honest in some respects. They can just come out and say it without repercussions and while sometimes that's bad (flamers etc) it can also be the only honesty I've ever known (this forum).

Latest posts

Back