Social Attitudes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papabear

Reaction score
So I have this friend online that I talk to regularly. She's constantly getting upset at the way her friends treat her. They do some really despicable things, mostly lying and using her.

Every time I suggest she ditch her "friends" for some real ones she says that I'm too critical and that's why I don't have many friends.

So I got thinking about this the other day. I'm a pretty sociable person, I get along with a lot of people. I'm not judgmental in the sense of looks or anything like that (for straight friendships), but I won't tolerate lying or acting like an idiot on purpose or anything like that.

When I got out of the Navy I lost most of my "friends" because of how much they all lied about things and what not... I started calling them out on all of it, after a few months I found out how much they had started talking behind my back. They were making things up and all kinds of stupid stuff.

As I've seen more and more of people and cliques and all that I've started to realize how much society has said that it's "OK" to be judgmental about superficial things like looks, but if you call someone out on lying or being a POS then YOU are the ******* and you are too critical. What the eff is that?

My sister who is a few years younger than me is like this. She lies all the time, all of her friends lie all the time, everyone around her lies all the time. Yet they get so mad at you and try and blame you for calling them out on it. It's like we aren't allowed to hold people responsible for their actions anymore.

Discuss....

My ex is exactly just like that now.
That's why think she's a worthless POS...with boobs.
Yeah man...boobs are like golden free passage tickets I guess.
She can eat honeysuckle and die too.
That why they also made prison for women. For POS with boobs.

Obviously if i call out the mother f-er trying to get up in her,
I'm the a-hole.

Well, obviously if you confront them on thier honeysuckle, they going to
get pissed or have resistence.
That would throw a monkey wrench into thier game wouldn't it ?

I'm not anyone's savor

F-it...I don't need that honeysuckle today. I'm sick and tire of the dramma.
They can all go fresia each other, eat honeysuckle, and die.

2 dudes shot and killed each other in a toy store near where I live
yeasterday...WTF ??? over some stupid toy.
In other words do whatever the fresia they want without regrauds
to anyone...so fresia those ass-holes. They didn't get like that overnite. They had it coming to them.

I know a few people like that, Papabear. I just take pleasure in calling them on their honeysuckle and watching them squirm. They're accusations are the confirmation. Enjoy it, I say.

Papabear said:
My sister who is a few years younger than me is like this. She lies all the time, all of her friends lie all the time, everyone around her lies all the time. Yet they get so mad at you and try and blame you for calling them out on it. It's like we aren't allowed to hold people responsible for their actions anymore.

There is to many ppl in the world like this I agree.

I have even known ppl to lie to me about something that would not matter. After when I found the truth out I sometimes think the truth would had been better then the lie. Just crazy. Its like a weirs lie is better then the bad thing they did.

I have absolutely no tolerance at all for ppl like this and I think if I did I would have a lot moor friends. Well-I know I would. just I rather not have ppl like this in my life.

Like if someones late or forgets they made arrangements with you they would lie. Why not just say I got busy with what ever and I forgot all about you am sorry. But noooooo, I have to have ago witch BTW I feel that am entitled to if I just been let down by someone. Then I get made to feel like the person that's in the wrong. fresia um, that's what I say fresia um all. ye, fresia the ******* *******!

*Asks myself why I spend most nights & days alone?* Ye but ppl like this piss me off!

Well, I never really talk to people, so I haven't yet come across lying much, but if someone were to lie to me, and I found out, and I knew that they were doing it with malicious intent, I would kill them :)

Caesium said:
Well, I never really talk to people, so I haven't yet come across lying much, but if someone were to lie to me, and I found out, and I knew that they were doing it with malicious intent, I would kill them :)

lol, Harsh but fair.

I don't understand at all the social liers, the ones who make up honeysuckle just to gain attention, and it's not just girls but men! Grown ass men telling me honeysuckle I know for a fact can not be true. I was hospital corpsman long enough to know that your testicles won't swell n burst if you don't get your dick wet! I was not born yesterday, and you do not have brain cancer because your foot hurts, you are not bi polar because you act like a child and throw a fit when you don't get what you want! Not to mention the countless number of lies about no I don't do drugs i'm perscribed 600 mgs of oxy up my nose! people like that are just selfish, and can't stand their own boring pathetic lives. I can't say i want them to die. . .but dam it a good ten lashes for every stupid line would be nice. A good old fashion beating for not living up to your word?
What happened to doing what you say and standing up to what you think is right? I hate that passive agressive bull whare "I won't tell you to your face what I really think, but I'll sabotagge you every chance I get". God when did it become socially acceptable to be a backstabbing, coward? And that goes for everyone, men and women!
Being yourself is scary and sometimes lonely, especially if you don't subscribe to the philosophy of "don't make waves, let's just all get along, don't call someone out if they are lying..." But here's the thing, not everyone is like that. And when you discredit for example all women, or all men, you are discrediting quite potentially the one or two other people who like you beleive in the phone call to let you know they forgot, or the honest answer that I won't dump my shitty friends because I'm afraid to be alone.
We are all afraid in one way or another. To be alone, or face who you really are, or tell your friend the truth. The trick is not to get discouraged or start stereotyping others. You might just push away the few people worth keeping.

recruit22 said:
I was hospital corpsman long enough to know that your testicles won't swell n burst if you don't get your dick wet! I was not born yesterday, and you do not have brain cancer because your foot hurts, you are not bi polar because you act like a child and throw a fit when you don't get what you want!

Are you sure they aren't just kidding? We joke around a lot like that where I work. Like one of our guys (who will find any excuse to try and get the crew to quit early) will maybe get a little nick, or a sliver, and he'll try and make kind of a big deal out of it. And when he does the boss will dramatically run up to me and be like "BRIAN BRIAN CALEB NEEDS SURGERY. He cut his pinky and he's HEMORRHAGING. Can you help him doctor?!"

So then I run over to Caleb and grab his hand and we act like he needs to go to the hospital till he stops whining :p

Obviously we're not making 'true statements'; Caleb quite obviously does not need to go to the hospital for his scuffed up pinky. But we're just making a dramatic joke out of it, not a deceitful lie.

I, uh, I have probably never been in a more or less friendly relationship with any such people who lie through the roof all the time like you have described, so, to be truthful, I find it kind of difficult to imagine. What is it that they all lie about so much?

For most of the people whom I ever considered friends for a longer or shorter time, they all had their own faults, but for the most part I could easily tolerate those, and they did not outweigh the enjoyment of being together. But such outright liars? Gee, that sounds weird.

Right, and what is a POS?

[/quote]

Are you sure they aren't just kidding? We joke around a lot like that where I work. But we're just making a dramatic joke out of it, not a deceitful lie.
[/quote]

yeah, i can see it as a joke. but it all comes down to the social context. . .I guess I should have been more clear. When these coments are in response to a serious question like for example "why did you cheat on your gf?" and he will tell me some bogus medically related excuse to try to guilt me into not telling her, it's not funny, it's desperate lie to cover a desperate act.

That's just like my cousin. She's crazy, her kids are crazy, her husband is crazy... They're just all freaking insane. But yet, when my mom or myself tell her something that's common sense, we're the wrong ones. And yet again, it gets crazier... Someone else can say the same exact thing we told her, and she'll turn around and brag about what they said. I get so frustrated that she acts like a complete moron, I have stopped caring. Can't tell her anything, don't want to tell her anything... She's not responsible for herself or her horrible children. It's always someone's fault when it comes to her.

Latest posts

Back