social problem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
not even sure this is social -

what do you do when a guy who was kind of pushy about connecting on Facebook, once you connect, has the whole profile invisible to you, so you cannot see anything (work, posts, pictures, anything)?

Now he writes if we can meet to play music together, do I just assume that he is a serial killer, or married, or both, and cancel his profile or do I ask him if there is something wrong with his profile, as all his data is invisible?

his "friends" are visible and they seem quite normal, and he didn't look like a serial killer, but maybe married yes

Yeah, I think you should ask him what's that all about and see what he says. Slight possibility he changed his settings by accident? If his answer comes off as kind of fishy then you shouldn't meet him or keep talking to him.

If anyone's pushy about anything to me, I ignore them. Suggestions I'll listen to. Advice I'll take into consideration. Words of wisdom I'm open to. What I'm not okay with is someone thinking they can shove me into doing something.

If this guy can't take a declined offer on being friends on Facebook (for crying out loud), then he could possibly not take kindly to being told no for other things. His information being hidden isn't an uplifting sign either. Don't know if he's hiding anything or not, not saying he is, but wouldn't you think that if you're friends with someone on Facebook, then you've come to the conclusion that you can share even the most general of things with them?

If anything he tells you sounds wrong to you, then don't bother with him.

Peaches said:

what do you do when a guy who was kind of pushy about connecting on Facebook, once you connect, has the whole profile invisible to you, so you cannot see anything (work, posts, pictures, anything)?

Now he writes if we can meet to play music together, do I just assume that he is a serial killer, or married, or both, and cancel his profile or do I ask him if there is something wrong with his profile, as all his data is invisible?

his "friends" are visible and they seem quite normal, and he didn't look like a serial killer, but maybe married yes

LOL my profile is almost completely empty. It probably looks like this guys profile. Maybe people see me that way. :O I really just add people so I can use the messenger if I ever want to send them something or message them real fast.

kamya said:
Peaches said:

LOL my profile is almost completely empty. It probably looks like this guys profile. Maybe people see me that way. :O I really just add people so I can use the messenger if I ever want to send them something or message them real fast.

ahah, no, that profile is blocked, not empty - it says you cannot see their pictures, not "there are no pictures"

Peaches-I would ask him why his profile is invisible to you. How well do you know him in real life? Has he ever said anything about his personal life to you or has he always avoided any personal questions, even seemingly innocuous ones? Maybe, if you know someone who knows you both, you could ask them?

if you don't know this person very well, i would say talk to him a bit before to see if there's nothing fishy about him since you can't tell through his facebook profile as he isn't allowing you to see any of his posts

I wouldn't bother communicating with him.
someone who blocks you from viewing their full profile is attempting to hide something from you. It is not an accident.
People who do such things tend to be liars and manipulators.
I hardly spend any time at all on Farcebook. Helps me to feel better.

it says 'red flag' from top to bottom in my opinion...go with your 1st instinct...he's shady...walk away...take if from someone who's been there...good luck :)

Latest posts

Back