Social Protocol.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really think there are any specific guidelines to making friends, but you have to go out and find people and talk to them in order to get friends.

This thread gives a few suggestions, although it is based on a slightly different question, I think it would still help you.
http://www.alonelylife.com/thread-where-do-you-meet-people

As far as online friends, a good place to start would be chatrooms. This forum has two of them, check them out some time, get to know some of us.

I agree with clubs and interest groups. Classes, be they educational or hobbies, gym classes too. I had a friend who joined a bike club and met a bunch of people there, they went mountain biking each weekend and snowshoeing in the winter. For me, I wouldn't say a bar or nightclub. I would rather meet sober people and then share a drink when we get to know each other. As for online, well, forums like this is good. I only joined last week and I already feel like I have some nice friends I met here online! :)

Volunteer for a company that does group Volunteering (So you meet people rather then work alone) and do it often for a while. You'll make friends in no time :D Do something outdoors too like Gardening as it means you will get fresh air :D

Latest posts

Back