Solution To "Google Chrome" Homepage Issues

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I'm not sure if any of you use "Google Chrome" or not. But I was having a difficult time trying to have my desired homepage appear. Whenever I would restart my computer, it would open up the desired homepage. However, if I was on another site like "YouTube" for example, when I would click my homepage icon it would always return to the "New Tab" screen. I tried adjusting the settings for the homepage display, but no luck.

I "Googled" the problem and found this. May it help all Chrome users who don't know about this fix. It's a "Redirect".

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/new tab redirect?hl=en-US

Since I hate Google (other than maps) and I don't use a homepage in the browser, I won't have an answer to what is happening. But it seems pretty strange for Google to have something as basic as a homepage setting that goes to other places. But then it is Google.

I use Opera and when I run into odd things I just go to their forums and ask or check to see if anyone else has asked. I'm sure Google has their own forums for their browser.

blackdot said:
Since I hate Google (other than maps) and I don't use a homepage in the browser, I won't have an answer to what is happening. But it seems pretty strange for Google to have something as basic as a homepage setting that goes to other places. But then it is Google.

I use Opera and when I run into odd things I just go to their forums and ask or check to see if anyone else has asked. I'm sure Google has their own forums for their browser.

Hi blackdot.:)
They had me type "msconfig" into the start menu search and make sure the normal option was checked. I did so, but nothing worked. One said that you must log in as administrator in order for that to work. They were also talking about computer functions that I never heard of. I finally came across the extension suggestion, so I went with it.

weird. I don't see how msconfig would have any connection to a homepage in a browser.
maybe I gave the Google users too much credit. :)

Latest posts

Back