Some Clarity Would Be Nice.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silhouette

Reaction score
My boyfriend just broke up with me a few days ago out of the blue. I literally had left that Sunday morning with everything perfect, and BAM! Two days later, I'm getting that fated text of "We need to talk" and soon enough I'm single.

The most devastating thing about it all was that it wasn't an emotional break-up (ie, due to cheating, resentment, boredom, etc.)...it was simply because he'd made himself face the facts that he wasn't the one for me and visa versa. We were totally happy together (we'd been best friends before dating and continued to be during) and we had no one else but each other since our other best friend is on contract in Iraq currently. Now, I'd known for a while (months) that he more than likely was not my "forever" guy and I'm normally the type to make the hard choices and do what's right. However, for once, I decided to be selfish and keep it going because we were both HAPPY. Why become miserable and alone when we both comforted each other so happily? We're not the kind to go out and find tons of dates with others either, so if we broke up, it was definitely loners-ville for both.

And now here I am, more outrageously lonely than ever because the ONE person I had going for me is now not. We're still best friends, he's still there for me, etc...but I'm twisted up inside because I'm partially blaming myself, calling myself stupid for pulling it along so much, and whatnot.

I just don't know where to go from here.

It's not your fault that you didn't work out, it just wasn't mean to be. (I know who cliche that sounds) trust me, you'll find another guy soon enough. I thought I'd never meet another girl that I could care for again after my last breakup, but whaddya know, a month later, I found another! The world's swimming with us testosterone factories, you'll find one easy enough ;) Take care.

It dosn't matter who dose the breaking up. A break up is a break up is a break up.
You're loosing a part of your life. Especailly if it wham..bam and caught you off gruard.
A lost is still a lost is still a lost.

It's natural to feel or think..."WTF am I going to do now?"

Please try to take care of yourself through all of this. It will be an emotional roller coaster.
Don't run away from your feelings ..the anger, hurt..etc.
Though you might feel like going out of your mind.

It's like a grieving process...
Some people LET GO Faster than others.

If possible, surround yourself by family and friends.
Poeple that's not going to hurt you or take advantage of you.
You're vunable at moment...

You can give yourself a time out for the grieving but don't deny that you hurt.

Maybe give yourself 1-2 weeks to process it.
Don't make any major decisions for at least 3 month or until you feel a bit more stable

Breathe...

Cry if you have to...it's okay.

Keep reaching out to people...Talk it out...let it out don't hold it in.

Latest posts

Back