Some drawings and paintings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigel

Reaction score
Here are some of my drawings and oil paintings I did way back in highschool; 2 are more recent. I saw a previous thread like this so I thought what the hell. I modified the drawings in photoshop (contrast, hue) because of my very poor 4pix camera. the rest is unaltered. all of them measure 50X70 cm (A2 sheet) or 19x27 inch. well, hope you enjoy:D

View attachment 3
Some very old items, including an oil lamp that still works.

View attachment 4
I copied this after a sketch by Millet. If anyone could identify and name the original for me, it would be great. I really can't remember.

View attachment 5
I've tried to be creative on this and added a host of elements to keep the viewer busy; I've created the whole scenery out of my own imagination and it took me about 4 days to finish.

View attachment 6
obvious highschool gloom. it was supposed to feel 'cold' & lifeless

View attachment 7
the countryside; I framed this one

feedback and honest critique would be nice.thanks

Attachments

• Still life.jpg
    Still life.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Millet.jpg
    Millet.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Tower.jpg
    Tower.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Oil14.jpg
    Oil14.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Oil31.jpg
    Oil31.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 69
My goodness!
I have no words to describe these! And usually I have a lot of them!
Magnificent. Simply wonderful :D
And don't worry about any gloomy or dreary air about them--people here will definitely appreciate it.
That's my honest feedback.
Let me ask, how long did it take to finish these (individually)?
I loooooove the oil paintings. Definitely my favorite. Keep posting your art, hun (or we'll find you). :p

These are amazing :D Especially considering some of them are done when you were in highschool, you're really talented!

Doubt The Rabbit said:
My goodness!
I have no words to describe these! And usually I have a lot of them!
Magnificent. Simply wonderful :D
And don't worry about any gloomy or dreary air about them--people here will definitely appreciate it.
That's my honest feedback.
Let me ask, how long did it take to finish these (individually)?
I loooooove the oil paintings. Definitely my favorite. Keep posting your art, hun (or we'll find you). :p

:Dthank you DTR:D!!! I made them some time back; I can't remember exactly, but I know it took me about 4 or 5 days to finish the Millet replica, about 2-3 hours of work per day. I can never finish anything in just 1 day; I tend to lose my enthusiasm and ruin the whole thing. So yeah, 3 days on average. I'll upload some more after christmass, when I'll buy my new camera.
but anyways, thanks again:)

urgtouewbjkg OMG ^________^, you're really talented!
I bet if you went to sell them you would get some decent money for them.
I'd certanily buy one even more and gladly hang them in my house.
They are beautiful, you should be really proud of them. They are all lovely.
I could say a million nice things about them and that would barely express how great I truely think they are.
:DDDD

wow:D thanks a lot. I'll remember to upload more portraits and landscapes after christmass

Naleena said:
Thats some impressive art Rigel. My favorite is the tower. So many little detail in it. Have you thought about work as an artist?

Thanks, Naleena. I don't think I could. Earning a steady income off art is excruciatingly hard and painful, here especially. And where I live, even petty earnings are hard to gain. Besides that, I'm not much into art as I'm passionate about other things that I hope I might make a living off someday.

Rigel said:
Oil 31.jpg (Size: 231.46 KB / Downloads: 32) the countryside; I framed this one. feedback and honest critique would be nice. thanks

Hi Rigel -- IMO the perspective point in this painting is interesting because it features two strong subjects vying for my eye's attention: the bright white of the tall church steeple reminds me of the gallant strength of the biblical David when he stood without fear against the ominous and looming threat of the dark, cumulus storm clouds of Goliath; I then wondered what had the people in this peaceful valley done to invoke such anger from the heavens above? Nice talent! LG:)

vanillalatte said:
These are so amazing! You should get a deviantart.

Ha funny you should mention that! I found out about deviantart just yesterday, when a friend of mine showed me her work on deviantart. I'll probably upload the pictures somewhere else next time so i won't have to use any links.

Oooh, I really like "Millet" and "Tower", I love detailed pictures. Did you notice the picture that came entirely from your own imagination is the best one? Awesome. I also admire how you're able to copy stuff though, since I suck at it and I always do things from scratch and cartoonish looking and I have to hang my head in shame when people "durrr, can you draw a picture of me?".
"Oil 14" is very pretty as well. I generally don't like oil painting (I'd never touch a brush if I don't have to), but I do love landscapes, especially when they're full of little details.

Latest posts

Back