Some drawings and paintings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would check them out, but as a general rule I don't look at anything done in photoshop. Sorry. Not

I was posting feedback but then I noticed the thread is quite old. I'd like to see some more up-to-date work but I'm just about to go to bed so I'll check in the morning. Anyway I'm still going to post my thoughts.

You seem to have a really good touch with your pencil and paints. Like others have said, they are very moody pieces and it's great that that's coming through. In particular I love the texture work you're doing in the background of still life and in the clouds of millet. However, I think they could be improved by getting a better grasp on perspectives and making sure you're drawing things as they are... for example, the glass oil lamp thingy (?) on the left side of still life is quite crooked.

There's a subtle sense of "offness" coming through in the linework, and it's there in the more recent drawings you posted in the 2011 thread as well (it's more pronounced in your portraits because faces are so tough to get right). If you can fix that I reckon these would ascend to a whole new level. Maybe do a series of drawings where you're hardcore focusing on reproducing things *exactly* as you see them and with no thought towards making them a finished piece.

Them's my impressions, I hope that was helpful! I should also say that the drawings are SO detailed, it's obvious you've poured, like, infinity time, care and hard work into them. If you can just improve a little bit technically, then I think it would help a lot.

hey ajdass1. thanks a lot, i really appreciate the suggestions. perspectives and proportions have always been a tough one for me and it's still a challenge. i don't have anything recent, i only draw what i have to these days and hand them over at the end of the semester (a bunch of portraits and nudes). they're not much better anyways. its interesting that my teachers noticed the exact same faults that you yourself mentioned, but really i'm moving on to other hobbies. it's just no fun when drawing feels like work

Oh wow, I wish I could draw like that lol. Good job, I'd like to see some more as well. :D

Latest posts

Back