Some people have everything

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
Nice house, well-paid job, nice car (not that I drive anyway), pretty girlfriend/wife, lots of money, great friends.

I resent these people because they are the excact opposite to me in every way.

Just quit being so god **** happy and successful, please.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato

Most people don't just wake up with a nice house, well-paid job, lots of money, perfectly chiseled body, or friends. It takes a lot of work to acquire these things over a period of time -- granted mommy and daddy aren't paying for all of these things. That being said, it also takes a lot of work to sustain having these things as well. Relationships (whether it be marriage, friendships, or girlfriends/boyfriends) take work and commitment just like anything else does.

To you and anyone else it may appear to be the perfect life, but for all we know their "pretty" spouses might be romping around with strangers. Or perhaps they are facing a huge debt or bankruptcy despite the nice cars or house. That well-paid job consists of dealing with a smug boss and ass-kissing just to get up that corporate ladder. Those well-dressed kids are self-entitled little brats that won't have a clue about the real world until mommy and daddy stops spoon-feeding them. Even worse, you may not even know if the person is facing a terminal illness and just chooses not to broadcast it on their forehead.

I'm not going to lie, I find myself wallowing in my own bitterness when people my age whine about their parents when I don't get to have any. I try to remind myself that everyone is facing a different battle and experiences things differently than I would -- because it's true. Things aren't always quite as they appear.

I just sifted through my favorites on stumbleupon. This always humbles me:

605b7d3c66c2dc9470fd939b2011ac0e.png

Sure they LOOK well off, but you don't know what's REALLY going on with their life.
They could be feeling just as lonely as you or I :(.

Money does not equal happiness.

The more you resent what other people are or have ...the more you're stabing your own
funken heart.

It's your resentments, your bitterness, your hatred.
You see life through those vails and delusions.
It's inside of you..in your mind. In your heart.
Too bad it can't be as easy as me just taking a drill to your head to drain all that pioson out of ya.
You have the power to change your life...so don't worry I am not going to fix ya.

Gratitude generate "HAVING" feelings, thoughts and being.
Practice having...The more grateful you are the more you will recieve.

Envy...generates the feelings of LACKING.
The more lack you feel...more more lack you're going to get.

mmmm...that's why the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. It's in their mentality or beliefs.

Happiness is an inside job...so is miseries.
It expands from the inside outward...it's universal law.
You can use it to work for you or against you.
You create your own reality. What you belive to be true for you...so be it.
If you belive you're a worthless piece of honeysuckle or life sucks...more power to you.
Your faith is neutrual. It is done to you accirding to your faith. Faith is not a religious thing.

Complaining about how happy others are, is your self fullfiling prophasy and a re-enforcement
of how miserable you feel and thinks life sucks...
So is being poor and miserale enjoyable or makes you better than rich wealthy people?
Rich and wealthy people can reach out/help more people than a poor miserable person.

People that are happy or wealthy on the inside have money and wealth...not the other way around.

I rather BE HAPPY with honeysuckle load of money than to be miserable and poor...duh!!!!

Just be happy for what you have and keep working to get what you don't have. Everything comes at a price it seems. And even those who have the whole world handed to them by their parents *ahem* Paris Hilton *ahem* (wow...excuse me :p) get turned inside out when it's finally time for them to take on the responsibilities that are associated with their good fortune.

Be happy with what you have, know that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and keep working towards your goals. Eventually you'll get there, and if you don't...at least you can take comfort in the fact that you tried your best.

Money does not equal happiness.

Granted, but being broke almost guarantees unhappiness...just a thought :club:

The words of a bitter person. Wishing that everyone else be as miserable as you are won't help you. It won't solve your issue. But no one can tell you anything. No one can get things through to you. Which, if you don't want to listen to someone, is fine. It's your life. You can stay miserable if you want. But don't drag others down to the level that you've put yourself at.

Besides, you don't know what anyone else has or goes through. You only see the surface of their daily lives.

ya man I can relate to these feelings CAS, especially talented and super athletic people that are great at sports and can play the guitar or every video game on the hardest level, I just detest these people.

although shells has a really good point,

it's just hard to remember these things because when living in a developed country is the rich neighbores and the rich as hell celebrities, and successful athletes and artists on tv. We forget about those less fortunate.

My cousin is like you said. She's a doctor. She married a rich, wealthy man who is extremely handsome that she regularly goes on trips to Europe with. I went to her wedding. It was featured in a bridal magazine because it was that fancy and perfect. I don't even want to know how much it cost, but for them, it was nothing. She has lots and lots of friends. They were all there. If she died, a million people would be at her funeral, if I died, maybe 4 people would be there at best and that's including family members.

I don't really hate her for it or think that she has no problems, although her life is definitely better than mine and I think that's the point you're getting at. I don't want all those things she has. All I really want is to be able to support myself passably, I also want to marry my boyfriend who is just your average guy working a minimum wage job, which is wonderful to me because him loving me is what matters. And sometimes I feel really depressed and miserable because I only just want him to be in person with me (we're in an LDR) and us to just be able to make it at all, but I don't wish her not to have those things.

If everyone else was as miserable as you, you still wouldn't be happy, is all I mean. And I hate feeling that bitterness where I hate someone for having something and wish they didn't have it. It just hurts me and not them.

I remember I had a friend who was also in an LDR. He used to resent me every time my boyfriend even visited me and tell me all the time,"At least you live in the same country as he does" as if I can reach him better from 2,000 miles away rather than 10,000 or whatever. Yea, it's so much easier to hug him than people who are a bit farther away than him and I are.

He winded up living with his partner and marrying her long before I am going to be able to do so with mine. And I don't hate him and resent him for it, but I'm angry that he could never be happy for me about anything. It was toxic to our friendship in my opinion and to himself.

Anyway, I know how bitterness works. You're just hurting, but don't let it consume you and make you a hateful person. People get more defensive when talking to you if you are this way.

grainofrice24 said:
Granted, but being broke almost guarantees unhappiness...just a thought

I wasn't going to respond to that, but it's irking me. Because that's not really true. Some people are just happy to have just enough to pay their bills and get food. I really don't have any money left over after I make sure everything is paid and that we have food here, but I'm sure as hell happy. I know what it's like to have almost absolutely nothing. I'm very happy with what I do have now. It may not be much, but I'm clean and there's always something to eat.

I've know MANY people who had everything you listed and then some.....You know what? They were just as miserable as the homeless person living on a sidewalk vent begging for change. In a few instances I got acquainted with some street folk who were much happier than a few of the, "have-it-alls" Instead of investing so much time and effort in bitterness and envy try reinvesting it in goals and plans for improving your own future. Re-read shells signature post and realize that these figures were raised the day after this bit of graphic info was created. EVERYONE has issues. Setting and working towards your own dreams is the only way to reach them. Envy and anger can't get you anywhere, but more down.

shells said:
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato

Most people don't just wake up with a nice house, well-paid job, lots of money, perfectly chiseled body, or friends. It takes a lot of work to acquire these things over a period of time -- granted mommy and daddy aren't paying for all of these things. That being said, it also takes a lot of work to sustain having these things as well. Relationships (whether it be marriage, friendships, or girlfriends/boyfriends) take work and commitment just like anything else does.

To you and anyone else it may appear to be the perfect life, but for all we know their "pretty" spouses might be romping around with strangers. Or perhaps they are facing a huge debt or bankruptcy despite the nice cars or house. That well-paid job consists of dealing with a smug boss and ass-kissing just to get up that corporate ladder. Those well-dressed kids are self-entitled little brats that won't have a clue about the real world until mommy and daddy stops spoon-feeding them. Even worse, you may not even know if the person is facing a terminal illness and just chooses not to broadcast it on their forehead.

I'm not going to lie, I find myself wallowing in my own bitterness when people my age whine about their parents when I don't get to have any. I try to remind myself that everyone is facing a different battle and experiences things differently than I would -- because it's true. Things aren't always quite as they appear.

Amen to that.

I have 3 times as much money as I used to have, and I was much happier when I was 18.

I can buy things now, and I have a lot of shoes.

But can my shoes bring me happieness ?

I dont know. Maybe if I dressed them up like little girls and had tea parties with them....

If anyone knows how to make my shoes my friends please tell me.

Talking to the shoes may be a good start.

If you hear them answer back, start worrying for your state of mind.

VanillaCreme said:
grainofrice24 said:
Granted, but being broke almost guarantees unhappiness...just a thought

I wasn't going to respond to that, but it's irking me. Because that's not really true. Some people are just happy to have just enough to pay their bills and get food. I really don't have any money left over after I make sure everything is paid and that we have food here, but I'm sure as hell happy. I know what it's like to have almost absolutely nothing. I'm very happy with what I do have now. It may not be much, but I'm clean and there's always something to eat.

Nahhhhhh... I'm gonna have to agree with granofrice24 on this one. I mean, what if don't have enough to take care of yourself? Then would you agree that it can have an effect on how you feel about life? If you're dirt poor, don't know how you're going to pay your bills for the month, can't buy the food that you need, then I can guarantee you that it will eat away at your motivation and happiness. It will rob you of any sense of inner peace. Until you're getting kicked out of your home and have no place to go, and have no way of taking care just basic needs, you don't know how critical money can be in a society like ours. People are willing to do absolutely awful things when put into these kinds of situations. They'll steal, sell their body, sell drugs, and more just so they can get by.

No, money does NOT buy happiness, and anyone who thinks it does is just deluding themselves. But a lack of money... is almost certain to buy you misery.

VanillaCreme said:
The words of a bitter person. Wishing that everyone else be as miserable as you are won't help you. It won't solve your issue. But no one can tell you anything. No one can get things through to you. Which, if you don't want to listen to someone, is fine. It's your life. You can stay miserable if you want. But don't drag others down to the level that you've put yourself at.

Besides, you don't know what anyone else has or goes through. You only see the surface of their daily lives.

I agree, however sometimes it's almost uncontrollable.
I remember when I was a kid there was this one girl who I was really resentful towards because I thought she had everything - she was smart, popular, had a functional family, money, good friends. Sure it made me angry and I wanted her to feel what I felt - alone, angry, scared, stupid. However I never went out of my way to make her feel miserable. As long as you don't do that I see these feelings as normal reactions.

Latest posts

Back