Someone to share life's experiences with...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayousha

Reaction score
I have been lurking in this forum for sometime particularly when I am feeling a bit lost. I have always been positive, outgoing with lots of friends but lately I am prone to feelings of loneliness which I do not like to share with my friends and family. I don't want them to fuss. I like dramas in tv and movies but NOT in real life :p

Since I found this forum I have been mulling over the idea of finding a friend that I can write to and share life experiences with. You might say... hey you have friends already... right, but what I wanted is someone who does not know me personally hence cannot be judgmental or be afraid of what this person will think about me because he/she knows my history (vice versa).

Most often we form friendships with people bec. we work with them, they live next to us, we went to school with them etc... This time I wanted a one-on-one connection with this friend/penpal based on understanding despite the anonymity and share life's challenges with each other. Hopefully, we can help each other out in making sense out of our lives.

I prefer a person around 30s onwards (no offense to younger people) but I feel I could relate to my generation and more mature people better. Location and gender is not an issue.

A little about myself: I am a Filipino expat based in Dubai, female, have a good career, late 30s, well read hence I can discuss about almost anything under the sun and always ready to listen and learn.

Are you comfortable being friends with someone older? Although I must say, I am up-to-date with the trends. I am thinking maybe it is not too bad after all I get along fine with my co-workers who are in their early 20s and I like to mentor as well. Please let me know :)

rayousha said:
Are you comfortable being friends with someone older? Although I must say, I am up-to-date with the trends. I am thinking maybe it is not too bad after all I get along fine with my co-workers who are in their early 20s and I like to mentor as well. Please let me know :)

i don't mind. pen pals often make much better friends than regular friends. i completely agree with you on the whole "I wanted is someone who does not know me personally hence cannot be judgmental or be afraid of what this person will think about me because he/she knows my history (vice versa)." part. i'd also like a pen pal to share my experiences and ask my questions to. send me a pm and i'll give you my e-mail address where you can write me. i'll be more than glad to help you in any way that i can and offer you my insight. i really hope to hear from you soon! take care :)

im almost 30 and i know how you feel. the closer i get to the big 30 the worse it feels.

I also need someone like that, my facebook is all messed up because my friends, family and co workers are all on there. It would be to embarrassing to post how I feel, or to tell everyone that I am lonely.

DigitxGeno said:
I also need someone like that, my facebook is all messed up because my friends, family and co workers are all on there. It would be to embarrassing to post how I feel, or to tell everyone that I am lonely.

i know what you mean with that. but i just said fresia it and put how i felt. it just goes to show how many people read your bio, or if they did they never said anything to me about it.

edgecrusher said:
DigitxGeno said:

i know what you mean with that. but i just said fresia it and put how i felt. it just goes to show how many people read your bio, or if they did they never said anything to me about it.

Ahhh..hopeless romantics hehe. Man.

Latest posts

Back