Something I wrote once.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mostlysane

Reaction score
This has been altered from the first time I wrote it, but it was in efforts to make it better. Clear your mind and begin picturing what I describe, otherwise the effect of my writing will not come through. I use these short stories to help calm myself sometimes, and I hope they work for you as well.

---------------------------

It was during the night, raining outside as a matter of fact, and you could hear the rain as its drops fell to the wet grass as well as splatter on the gravel pathway which ended several feet from the seemingly near, yet distant forest. There was a small shack, made of old wood and stone, which stood just by the gravel pathway. It was warm lit around a wooden entry in the front. You would walk fairly slowly towards the building, with the sound of wet gravel squishing beneath your feet, and approach the opening cautiously. The entry had no door, just a small opening containing an old work bench, and on the other side was an old pale wooden door which appeared as if it would fall off its own hinges soon. You reach for the loose black handle on the right side of the door, and as you begin to pull the door, the hinges emit a gentle screech. The now opened door unveils a winding stairway, made of smooth stone, and lacks the warm light of the entry, though still has a dim white glow from the above room.

The staircase ends fairly quickly, as there are no other rooms to behold. The room you are in is made entirely of stone, aside from a small furnace in the corner, and a large window which covers nearly the entire wall opposite to the furnace.

The window casts a wide gaze over the flat ground before the building, and over the treetops of the forest, which stretches past the far field of vision. You then spot a small chest in one of the trees. All sound of the rain ends as the chest slowly opens on its own, revealing a small ball of white light. The light slowly ascends from the chest... Very slowly... And stops just above the horizon line. It then begins to expand and contract at a slow pace, though increasing in speed between each interval, and as the intervals begin to become quite fast, the ball explodes into a very bright light which engulfs everything around you.

Everything fades to black, and you lose consciousness.

I realized where the writing could be misleading. "The entry had no door, just a small opening containing an old work bench and an old, pale wooden door"

The door is INSIDE the opening, not in front of it.

I fixed that though.

Latest posts

Back