something I've needed to say for along time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porman

Reaction score
Im not sure exactly what im feeling right now. I keep wondering if I suffer from depression, but i feel like im in denial about it. I feel like nothing excites me anymore, I feel like im always alone, I try and think about the piont of life and cannot think of anything, it all seams so meaningless.

My mental status is suffering because nothing is going my way. Its been 3 years and im basically in the same position as I was when i finished school. the thought of another 12 months passing and il still be without a stable job, living with my parents and have no close friends is overwhelming.

I just feel so..... ordinary. my social life for the past few months has been with my brother and his gf, where I'm always the **** third wheel, and i get tired of it.

I dont even care about a relationship, I just want close friends and a stable job. And would love to just get out of the small town I've spent 18/20 years of my life. Just want to be apart of life, To have new experiences, make new friends, be able to support myself, is that too much to ask? Why am I the only one that seams to be stuck, everyone else I used to know has moved on and started there life, its just soooo frustrating.

A feeling of not being able to move on in life and to not feel apart of something I think is why most of us ended up here. Them feelings do make you lonely. The feeling of not being apart of something is again why a lot of ppl here leave this place as well. (Ironicly)

At 20 it is now days almost imposable to have your own place if your not doing it with a partner or friend as the cost is just to much.

I think what you need moor then anything is the right kinder job. That way you get an income and hopefully make new friends there as well.

Being 20 is not easy. You have nothing. And you need everything pluss you have your own mined so do not wont to live by someone else's rules and there for that makes you wont your own place. All though I can not give you any advice I can very much see why your frustrated to hell. You are actually quite normal. Just chill, keep trying and hopefully everything well come right

hey living with your parents is not so bad, im 25 and still at home, hehe...in all seriousness tho im sorry to hear things are not tracking well for yourself!

i see your from Oz...where abouts do you live? im in sydney, so can't really relate to living in a small town, but can understand how you must feel frustrated with limited opportunities...have you considered maybe applying for some jobs in a bigger town / city, even if its just like a job at woolies or the like to get you started and some money coming in the door for rent?

i think its important also to try and not resign yourself to thinking you will be in the same place 12 months from now, ive realised that when you do, it almost becomes like a self fulfilling prophecy, as trying to overcome that myself..

I know it sounds stupid but things might get better.
I felt like how you feel for almost 5 years and recently something amazing happened to me. I could be happier but it's the start of good things happening for me.
My point is your time for something good is going to come one day, i dont know when but it will.
Till then try to cheer up :)

querida said:
hey living with your parents is not so bad, im 25 and still at home, hehe...in all seriousness tho im sorry to hear things are not tracking well for yourself!

i see your from Oz...where abouts do you live? im in sydney, so can't really relate to living in a small town, but can understand how you must feel frustrated with limited opportunities...have you considered maybe applying for some jobs in a bigger town / city, even if its just like a job at woolies or the like to get you started and some money coming in the door for rent?

i think its important also to try and not resign yourself to thinking you will be in the same place 12 months from now, ive realised that when you do, it almost becomes like a self fulfilling prophecy, as trying to overcome that myself..

I dont actually mind living with my parents, its just this area I want to excape from. I live on the mid north coast, in between port macquarie and coffs harbour, 5 minutes from the beach. beautiful place, nothing to do tho lol.

I have considered finding work elsewhere, but the problem still is having a place to stay. Its very hard to be garenteed a job someone far from home. I guess I just need to try harder, really go out of my way.

Im usually quite positive about my situation, its just every now and then it gets me down, tho i usually get over it pretty quickly. thanks everyone for your support :D

I think everyone might feel what you are feeling at one point or another. Just... stuck. What it comes down to is if you don't like your life, change it. I know. It's easier said than done, but it's the bare truth. I wish you the best of luck : )

I can verily relate to you. It's one of the major reasons that I'm going off to college, just to get a new experience and get out of the same city/town I've lived in since birth...(hopefully) meet some new people and finally have my own (with the exception of a roommate) place. I save a lot of money by staying at home, and overall it's not a bad setup, but like you I just wanna get out. I'm trying to just take it one day at a time, and I'm looking forward to March, when I'll be an hour away from home, in college with my own apartment. It's not gonna be easy, but I'm going to attempt to stay positive.

I hope something happens for you soon, whether it be school, a job, or what have you. :)

Making close friends takes time.

There are a lot of people but few were regarded you as friends.
Go out with a group is one of the best way to make friends.(Common interest needs to be considered.)

(((((((((((((((((((Porman)))))))))))))))))))))) I wish I had more time to reply but, I am on a timed computer at the library. Here is a big hug for you.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((* ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I will be thinking of you. Hang in there, kiddo. I know it's tough.

Latest posts

Back