Sometimes I feel like giving up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leapfrog00

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like giving up. It feels as if everything I do, I fail. I'm a writer and I'd like to publish one of my books someday, but I know I'm probably not good enough. I grew up abused for years and bullied. My parents told me I'd never be good enough at a lot of things. to Anyone else feel like they fail at everything?

Sometimes I feel like giving up. It feels as if everything I do, I fail. I'm a writer and I'd like to publish one of my books someday, but I know I'm probably not good enough. I grew up abused for years and bullied. My parents told me I'd never be good enough at a lot of things. to Anyone else feel like they fail at everything?
I'm so sorry 😐 just always remember that you are not a failure,you just have to have faith in yourself,keep trying and never give up.

Screw your parents, then. If they have enough lack of judgment to tell you that, they weren't good parents, sorry to say.
You'll fail more in life than you'll succeed. It's an extremely hard world out there ready to eat you up and spit you sideways
Just keep pushing back at it.

Oh god yes! Man I’ve failed at so many things. I’ve felt life has always been against me. But I’m resilient. And one thing I see as a massive success is my kids. I’m not saying I was the best father, much better these days, but seeing them waaay ahead of me at the same age makes me feel I’ve done something right. And when you really look hard at your life, and filter out the bad crap, you’ll see all the successes no matter how small. I’ve saved lives, literally, so that has to be marked down as a success. We can be very hard in ourselves so give yourself a break.

Every accomplished writer had this dilemma right :)

That aside, when you have heard your whole life that you arent good enough you'll start to believe it. Dont, you make your own life.

Everything you do will fail at first, but that is how we as humans improve. Every artist has sketches they'll show now one, every engineer has prototypes that didnt work.

You can make your own destiny, and it'll be hard but if you make it, you can make everything :) and let me tell you it's worth it.

Dont get clouded by tunnel vision and never give up please !!

Latest posts

Back