Song leads to argument

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antonio

Reaction score
Hello,

My fiancé asks me to get her a music from the internet, which I promptly say yes and then go get it. She tells me it's a music that talks about prostitutes and I knowing her (she's a sociologist) I got curious why "prostitutes" and ask her. She starts with her typical sociologist speach about society issues, etc. Conversation developes... and I ask her "would you have the guts to prostitute yourself?". She says that in reality no but in an extreme event like war would be a possibility. It hitted me like a brick. Now I can't stop thinking about that I am with someone that would probably prostitute herself and that I'm going to marry someone like that. In the possibility of a war, not I just win the total chaos and destruction of it, but I also win a marriage with a prostitute. fresia my life...

Am I over-reacting or what? I'm getting paranoid here. The bright light I was seeing in her dimished greatly. I now doubt of her morals.

I think you may be slightly over-acting. She doesn't even know what would ever happen in the instance of war. No one does. Is there perhaps an underlying issue of you not trusting her to begin with?

Well I hear people in love idealize each other, it seems like there is a confrontation in your mind between the idealized girlfriend and the real human girlfriend.

Yes you could doubt her morals... but you could also appreciate her honesty and her opening up to you.

I think you might be over reacting this a little bit. She said that in normal case she wouldn't do it which means she has no intention of doing it because she thinks it's morally wrong and not something to be done.
But when she said like in an extreme event she would, maybe because her life would be in danger otherwise or maybe because she wouldn't be able to afford food otherwise and so on.

I really don't think you should worry:)

Antonio said:
Hello,

My fiancé asks me to get her a music from the internet, which I promptly say yes and then go get it. She tells me it's a music that talks about prostitutes and I knowing her (she's a sociologist) I got curious why "prostitutes" and ask her. She starts with her typical sociologist speach about society issues, etc. Conversation developes... and I ask her "would you have the guts to prostitute yourself?". She says that in reality no but in an extreme event like war would be a possibility. It hitted me like a brick. Now I can't stop thinking about that I am with someone that would probably prostitute herself and that I'm going to marry someone like that. In the possibility of a war, not I just win the total chaos and destruction of it, but I also win a marriage with a prostitute. fresia my life...

Am I over-reacting or what? I'm getting paranoid here. The bright light I was seeing in her dimished greatly. I now doubt of her morals.

Thank you for the answers. I do believe I over reacted and I have no reasons to doubt her morals. I just have a hard time with trust, always had during all my life. Yes... I do appreciate her honesty. In the end after I put my thoughts in order, actually made me appreciate her more. I like people that behave like human beings, not the ones that try to look perfect.

Thank you.

You might be over reacting. But hey, we all do it. I was trippin' last night because of an issue with a friend on Facebook. We may even never talk again because of it. honeysuckle happens lol.

My Facebook is gone though.. I hope your partner doesn't get deactivated!

She said in reality NO but in and EXTREME situation it would be a POSSIBILITY. So yeah it does seem you are over reacting a bit here, you're taking that possibility and blowing it up. What you should be focusing on is that she said she wouldn't in reality. There's always that chance of her extreme situation occurring but even then she only said it would be a possibility not that she would definitely do it. Calm down, take a breath, and appreciate her honesty with you. :)

As Sci-Fi said, you are overreacting over something that only would happen in an extreme situation. It's like some kidnappers ask me to cut off my arm to get my brother back. I would do it, it's extreme, yes, but only in the case of being extreme.

Would you also feel bad if you asked her that if she was the only female in the world and is left stranded on an dessert island with another guy and had sex with him?

I think most females would answer yes. Don't feel bad about these things, they all factor in that you are gone (be it a war or the apocalyptic island) ;)

Sci-Fi said:
She said in reality NO but in and EXTREME situation it would be a POSSIBILITY. So yeah it does seem you are over reacting a bit here, you're taking that possibility and blowing it up. What you should be focusing on is that she said she wouldn't in reality. There's always that chance of her extreme situation occurring but even then she only said it would be a possibility not that she would definitely do it. Calm down, take a breath, and appreciate her honesty with you. :)

This.

I've said it before, and this wont be the last time.
Women are more mature than men :p

and

Men are more mature than women. just to be fair.

Latest posts

Back