Sophie Lancaster: A girl from England who was kicked to death for being a goth.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MissWrite726 said:
We say we would kill someone if they hurt our families but in the end I know I wouldn't because that would be letting the hate win and that would be the bigger loss.

Eh.

It's an ugly situation no matter what, but in my opinion if you let that go without severe corporal punishment with a definitive possibility of death, you're saying it's OK.

A slap on the wrist and a scolding do not fix these people. Prison frequently does not fix these people (and frankly I'm disgusted at the idea of feeding them and clothing them on my tax payer's dime). All they understand in the end is violence.

If a person kills another out of vengeance, I see it as a blow for justice and standing up against the hate of the mentally deranged. Whereas the original deed was simply due to hate or some other petty matter.

Pacifism only lasts until the warlike decide they are tired of the pacifists. There comes a point when you have to actually stand up and fight if you ever intend for it to stop.

Brian said:
MissWrite726 said:
We say we would kill someone if they hurt our families but in the end I know I wouldn't because that would be letting the hate win and that would be the bigger loss.

Eh.

It's an ugly situation no matter what, but in my opinion if you let that go without severe corporal punishment with a definitive possibility of death, you're saying it's OK.

A slap on the wrist and a scolding do not fix these people. Prison frequently does not fix these people (and frankly I'm disgusted at the idea of feeding them and clothing them on my tax payer's dime). All they understand in the end is violence.

If a person kills another out of vengeance, I see it as a blow for justice and standing up against the hate of the mentally deranged. Whereas the original deed was simply due to hate or some other petty matter.

Pacifism only lasts until the warlike decide they are tired of the pacifists. There comes a point when you have to actually stand up and fight if you ever intend for it to stop.

Correct. One can only excercise pacifism up to a point.

:( What is wrong with people?!?!?! As one poster said, this is why the human race fails... Not to say that everyone is bad, just this type of thing is just unacceptable

I'm still very much behind the idea that bullies be removed from society to work hard manual labour in some gulag. But since bullies tend to end up in enterprising positions in society, I don't see this notion gaining much support on a scale that it could help change the world for the better.

This reminds me of a story of a young autistic woman getting raped by a black man IN PUBLIC, people just walked by and let it happen.

We need cameras keeping an eye on every corner of every public place so that honeysuckle like this can be prevented.

People make me sick. Just when I think people couldn't be any more hate-filled or unconscionable, stuff like this happens.

That poor girl and her family. :(

People should stop giving a honeysuckle what others do or wear, seriously...

I have a board, elsewhere, that has no need to be named here: it's crime-related, stone dead in the water and unlikely to ever be coming back to life. On the title page, and for many months, now, I've been featuring my own, angry thoughts about this.

She was kicked to death while cradling her boyfriend's head in her enfolding arms, to stop HIM from being kicked in the head any more. That act of heroism earned her a premature place in Heaven.

If it was made legal for me to do so, I would quickly and easily kill these attackers - in a heartbeat - and upload the video of me doing so, to YouTube, as a warning to the next gang...to think again about doing any such thing! I only exhibit human feelings towards humans!

Ghost:

This is the wording I used for the earlier mentioned article on another board...

"IN MEMORY OF SOPHIE LANCASTER - A YOUNG,
BRAVE GIRL WHO SHOULD BE MADE A SAINT!

Sophie and her partner (Robert Maltby) were not looking for trouble as they walked and talked, in Stubbylee Park, Lancashire, shortly after midnight on August 10th of last year. But, they got more trouble than one of them could live beyond!

Sophie and her boyfriend were set upon by Brendan Harris, 15, and Ryan Herbert, 16. When her boyfriend, Robert, was beaten to the ground and was still being kicked and punched, she threw herself down, cradled his head and struggled to protect him from their sickening attack and she remained there, shielding him!

The scum who launched this vicious and unnecessary assault turned their attention to her as a target, instead. They kicked and punched her as she sat there, defending her friend and partner.

AND, THAT AMAZING ACT OF SELFLESSNESS
LED TO HER SENSELESS, TRAGIC DEATH!

The scum (Harris and Herbert) who attacked her have rightfully been found guilty of her murder!

Words cannot express how much I despise their kind - and, there are many others like them, out there!

To her parents, and all who knew her, I wish you warmth, compassion and support! Somebody keeps taking our special people from us and such cruel acts seem never to end, until it's too late!"

And, the link to the original press article, is...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...in_article_id=547708&in_page_id=1770&ito=1595

Ian.

CAS said:
Minding her own business walking through a park with her boyfriend, and set upon by evil scum who couldn't handle the fact that she looked and dressed differently to them.

A haunting video was made in her memory.

This happened in a town called Burnley, I live about half an hours drive from Burnley and the residents of Burnley are nicknamed ''dingles'' basically they are known for being hill billys. heres a video of them running on the pitch at a football/soccer game trying to fight the fans of the other team.

Latest posts

Back