Strange thing I did today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer is cheaper than bottled water in my shop. You can buy these 18 can packs for £10 sometimes. A bottle of wine is £3, bottle of vodka £8. It's cheap to be drunk !

Don't agree drinking makes you feel happier. It always made me feel depressed. I also don't think it's right that you have to rely on drink to be happy, sociable or funny.

Sort your shop out! Your making it harder for the non-drinkers to be accepted! xD

Also, alcohol is a depressant, so it cant make people feel happy can it? When ive seen a happy drunk they have just started crying mid sentence...yep, so happy! I think that may be what has happened- people have become dependant on the fake confidence that booze provides and are scared they cant have fun without it? Like the uni students that go out every night and get drunk because its the only thing they think is fun- its like they have an addiction!

alcohol is a depressant, but it also dis-inhibit you and make you euphoric...... most people who drink (including me) just want to escape from reality, even if it's only temporarily

Rolo said:
Sort your shop out! Your making it harder for the non-drinkers to be accepted! xD

Also, alcohol is a depressant, so it cant make people feel happy can it? When ive seen a happy drunk they have just started crying mid sentence...yep, so happy! I think that may be what has happened- people have become dependant on the fake confidence that booze provides and are scared they cant have fun without it? Like the uni students that go out every night and get drunk because its the only thing they think is fun- its like they have an addiction!

I only work there. I don't have a say in the prices.

Customers say to me 'I bet you wish you was drinking beer in your garden instead or working ?' - I say 'not really !'

I am the same with large groups and walking into pubs. I'm ok if I've had a drink because I feel more confident otherwise I'd hate it and probably try and sneak in unnoticed.

allanh said:
alcohol is a depressant, but it also dis-inhibit you and make you euphoric...... most people who drink (including me) just want to escape from reality, even if it's only temporarily

I've never felt euphoria from alcohol, maybe very mildly, more like content. But I drink 3/4 nights a week and it's pretty rare for me.
I can get quite bitter in large groups, I think it's because I'm generally not really enjoying myself and feel subjected to it, but the alternative (leaving) is probably too boring a notion.

I haven't drank more than a single beer in years. I'll probably keep it like that.

Latest posts

Back