Sunday blues.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colster

Reaction score
Sunday, 3pm...

I am only just shaved and dressed. Due to the ceaseless heavy rain, much of the day was spent in bed, reading. I've since gotten up, cooked, cleaned, and shaved.

There is something unique about Sunday's. Having grown up in a time when everything was closed on a Sunday, I am quite content to do nothing; something I can manage any day, Sunday just seems more justified.

Yet now, I am having a melancholy moment. Missing the days of old, when my ex would get the morning papers. We would read, exchange papers or supplements, and then later discuss our chosen articles over dinner.

Even the notion of a news paper, seems quaint and antiqued. Being nice to the ex, even more remote. And yet, here on a miserable Sunday afternoon, I'd like to relive something similar, with someone else, obviously.

Do you folks have routines or rituals inherited from someone else, that you now miss?

My grandma would cook a pot roast with all the trimmings and some sort of treat every Sunday. Little did I know I would be taking over that responsibility when she was no longer able to do so. Ha! ha!

I thought about this for a while and I really don't think I've carried any rituals forward from my previous relationships. I do have rituals that I no longer do that I miss, such as seeing a group of friends at least once a month for a big dinner party, or getting a phone call from a friend who wants to just say "hi" and wonders how I'm doing. Had I not remarried, I would probably order food on Friday evenings and sit in bed and watch documentaries or travelogues and miss the company. But my current wife and I currently do that. This post reminded me that I should not take those times for granted.

Latest posts

Back