SuperBowl 40

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Borne Hopeless

This is a free form piece I wrote after Superbowl 40. I got tired of all the ads trying to sell me honeysuckle, so I wrote about it.

SUPERBOWL 40

The year the ads stopped being funny. Maybe it's because they're not creative. Maybe it's because the people making them think they know what they're doing. Maybe it's because as soon as one comes on, I'm already aware that they're trying to sell me something conceived in a money hungry office and broadcast during the middle of an event in which ordinary people are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, the outcome of which is really determined by a bunch of old men with bad judgment who make horrible calls and who look like they just escaped from prison. Maybe that's it.

It's funny because football is my favorite sport. I sometimes get tired of a lot of the BS that goes along with it, though.

whoa whoa whoa, stop the presses, a football fan, like American football? I thought I was the only one, what's your team?

Whoops, sorry. Yeah, American football. I forget that soccer's the real football. My bad. Just an ignorant American mistake. My team's the Carolina Panthers. Yes, they do have good hearts. Yes, they do make mistakes. And yes, one day they WILL win the Superbowl! I like the Colts, too. I can't stand the Patriots or the Eagles.

I hate the patriots too!!! I honestly can't stand watching them win game after game and Tom Brady is just a whiny cry baby with a hot girlfriend:p, I hope they don't win the super bowl, or better yet I hope they don't even go, but come on San Diego is the only thing standing in their way, but anything can happen I guess

Awesome that you like Jacksonville they are a great team with a promising near future play offs this year, super bowl next?

I root for the Ravens....yea self destruct year for them, we are close to last in the league now right around St. Louis, hope it gets better when we get a new coach but man it's bad now... I also enjoy the Packers winning so that's who I'm for for the remainder of the off season

Borne Hopeless said:
Whoops, sorry. Yeah, American football. I forget that soccer's the real football. My bad. Just an ignorant American mistake. My team's the Carolina Panthers. Yes, they do have good hearts. Yes, they do make mistakes. And yes, one day they WILL win the Superbowl! I like the Colts, too. I can't stand the Patriots or the Eagles.

WooHoo!! North Carolina!
Love that Cat Scratch Fever!!:D

I hope the Packers are able to make it all the way... Brett Favre could retire at the top of his game. I can't imagine how Peyton let his Colts lose last weekend!!!

So many patriot haters. I am kind of glad it's better to be a patriot hater then a fan anymore though getting rid of many of the fair weather fans.

Oh and don't even try and say I am a fair weather fan I have loved the patriots ever since I started watching football. I don't really like tom brady I like drew bledsoe a lot more but brady is getting the job done.

Oh here is a intresting stat for you guys the patriots haven't lost at home in 29 years in the playoffs so good luck to the chargers.

armor4sleepPA said:
I hope the Packers are able to make it all the way... Brett Favre could retire at the top of his game. I can't imagine how Peyton let his Colts lose last weekend!!!

I have high confidence in the Packers today, the giants will "freeze" up at Green Bay if you'll excuse the pun, it's supposed to be -25°F with wind chill! I don't know how the colts lost last week, everyone has a bad day I suppose

Josh said:
So many patriot haters. I am kind of glad it's better to be a patriot hater then a fan anymore though getting rid of many of the fair weather fans.

Oh and don't even try and say I am a fair weather fan I have loved the patriots ever since I started watching football. I don't really like tom brady I like drew bledsoe a lot more but brady is getting the job done.

Oh here is a intresting stat for you guys the patriots haven't lost at home in 29 years in the playoffs so good luck to the chargers.

Yea the Chargers don't stand a chance I'll admit that,lol, but one can always hope for an upset:p

Phew Ravens have a new head coach alright this could be a grand new beginning fingers crossed!

Hey NM... who did they end up naming? Was it Rex? I know Garrett stayed with Dallas. I'm a Steeler fan, since I'm up across the border. Although, our town is sort of split two ways: Philly and Pittsburgh.

Green Bay... gotta love football, cheesehead style. I admire those faithful fans who brave the elements to watch their mighty Pack. Moreso than those teams with nice climate controlled domes!

A4S

i think it was a little unfair for seattle to play at greenpacker home field when it was snowing. If its freezing, or snowing, NY will not stand a chance. I think they should force green bay to make an indoor field :/

armor4sleepPA said:
Hey NM... who did they end up naming? Was it Rex? I know Garrett stayed with Dallas. I'm a Steeler fan, since I'm up across the border. Although, our town is sort of split two ways: Philly and Pittsburgh.

Green Bay... gotta love football, cheesehead style. I admire those faithful fans who brave the elements to watch their mighty Pack. Moreso than those teams with nice climate controlled domes!

A4S

lmao climate controlled domes.Steelers fan *gives evil eye* grr,rivals:p. Ravens ended up taking John Harbaugh, yea I had never heard of him either, he was Philly's secondary coach, he might be promising anything has to be better than "I'm going to keep putting Boller out there Brian Billick" He's not good stop trying to form a team around Boller!!! Glad he's gone...

Grrr... NY found a way to win. Poor Favre... he should retire now with dignity. Go Pack... nice try. Go Steelers... there's always next year.

armor4sleepPA said:
Grrr... NY found a way to win. Poor Favre... he should retire now with dignity. Go Pack... nice try. Go Steelers... there's always next year.

:(<------thats all I have to say

There will be no Super Bowl this year only a slaughter fest:(

armor4sleepPA said:
That's true... Eli can't do what his brother could've done.

But then again literally just yesterday I said there was no chance of them beating Green Bay... and well....you saw it..

Yeah, well, I've got a good reason to hate the Patriots. Remember Superbowl 38? The one the Panthers should have won? Blame it on Kasay's kick, the Panthers D, or just Brady and the Patriots getting lucky. Whatever the reason, the Panthers should have at least sent it into OT. That's really why I hate the Patriots. That, and the fact that they're still winning. And probably going to win this year. I swear, I would love to see wildcard NY beat the almost perfect Patriots in the Superbowl! That would kick so much ass! I'd love to see them lose it in the big one. But they'll probably win, they'll probably do it pretty easily, and they'll probably go down as one of the best dynasties in history. Such is the reality of a Patriot hater.

Oh, and was that a shout out to NC I saw, Arianna? Do you/did you live around here?

PS-I heard that, in order to get out of fighting in Vietnam, Ted Nugent stopped taking showers and pissed and shitted himself before deploying. They didn't want someone so unsanitary and rejected him! Crazy honeysuckle, but it worked!

I went to see the Dr. and
He gave me the cure
I think I got it some more! -The Nuge

Latest posts

Back