Take heart

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffybunny

Reaction score
The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Nobody here better give up. Life contains a greater capacity for happiness and wonder (and yes, also for sadness and despair) than any of us can realize. We all have plenty of things left to do and see and experience before that final sleep.

A man goes into the cave and said it was nice.
Another man goes into the same cave but he said that it was bad.
Same cave,different perspectives.

What you perceive about life is how you are going to walk this life.

SilentThinker said:
A man goes into the cave and said it was nice.
Another man goes into the same cave but he said that it was bad.
Same cave,different perspectives.

What you perceive about life is how you are going to walk this life.

However it's also perfectly possible that one perception is wrong.

I think it is really hard to determine what is right or wrong.

Morality and logic are two things used to explain what is right and wrong.

Something maybe morally right but logically wrong.

The few moments or serenity I have found and lost in my life have given me hope and kept me going through the seemingly unending despair.

But I will admit that years of sorrow are taking their toll on me. It seems like I'm constantly hovering in between depression and normalcy. It's a scary place to be because I spend too much time trying to climb back to feeling normal again, but I can slip and fall into a depression if things go sour.

My whole life has been spent gliding just above the line that separates having just enough courage to keep going from giving in to suicide. On a few occasions I've risen above that and actually seen what it's like to be happy, only to have the hand that helped me rise let me go again and I've gone crashing through that line every time. I'm not even sure why I'm still alive. I do know that it's not of my own doing. Some force doesn't want me to die. I once thought that it was a "guardian". But I think it's more of a malevolence. Something that wants me to continue to suffer.

Latest posts

Back