terrified of summer

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fignewton3021

This will be my last summer of high school. I should be excited for it and ready to enjoy it, but I know it will be miserable. I'll be stuck in the house all day long with nothing to do and no one to talk to. I get sick of all the work, but at least school provides a constant social environment.

You should find some hobbies to do outside the house, or maybe get a job at McDonald's or someplace and make a little cash.

Well, I was thinking about getting a job...but definitely not at McDonald's. Heh :]

yeh i know how you feel, im on my second last year at high school and i am already panicking about what i am going to do after i finish school. Proberly stuck in this cold boring house i guess

Ugh, I do and don't want summer to come. Leaving high school terrifys me, without high school I'll never be able to see my friends. Thankfully I still have 2 full years left of it. And I don't want summer to come since I'll be stuck all day at home bored to death and lonely. I couldn't really get a hobby since I can't get a ride anywhere due to the fact my parents are at work. I could do something at home, but knowing me I'd be bored of it in a couple of days. All my friends are pretty busy this summer, and even if they aren't I couldn't see them since I have no ride anywhere. It really sucks. And I can't even get a job since there are no jobs avaliable in walking distance from my house. Well, no decent jobs at least.

BrokenDreams said:
And I can't even get a job since there are no jobs avaliable in walking distance from my house. Well, no decent jobs at least.

If you can get any job at all, I'd say take it. It will keep you occupied, you'll make some money, and the work experience will help you get a better job when you're a bit older. Jobs in high school are usually not fun (I hated a couple of my high school jobs, and tolerated others), but you need to remember that they're not a long-term committment. You might meet someone while you're working, too.

I agree with Elae.

Part of gaining life's wisdom is realizing we have to start the low man on the totem pole in the crap jobs. If you take a crap job, be sure to hang in there for at least 6 months to one year. Try to get along with your boss so you can have a good reference. That crap job will be a stepping stone for a better job. Remember folks, BABY steps! We aim higher than where we want to be, but not with first jobs. They are the ones we use to work our way up in life.

eh, luckily my workplace never closes.. (so I don't have to worry about being the only one @home in summer because of chronic shortage of friends/gf ..)

The summer usually gets me depressed. It brings back memories of when I was out at the beach or out having fun with family and friends. Back when people actually cared about me. Back when I was happy. Now the summers pass by year after year. Nothing in my life changes. I still have some fun every now and then but in the end I'm left alone. It seems like everyone else I know is out having fun when I'm just doing nothing by myself.

i'm not really terrified of summer, i want it to come, because i'm one of those people that love their loneliness and t5he occasion of not seeing my stupid classmates for three months makes me so happy, but for not to get in a big depression, i've deceided to keep myself busy and go to different courses like dance or swimming, or some languages, you know, just do want you like to do!

I hated school since 4th grade. I was always one of the class rejects and was treated very cruelly by many classmates. So I LOVED summer and HATED going back to school in fall. Sometimes there was a feeling of excitement, as though maybe this year would be better than the last, but it usually was tinged with total fear of being harassed and bullied at school.

Latest posts

Back