The Bandaid for Misery

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
Today sucked. It was cold, the hillside we were clearing was steep, the smoke from our brush piles was lingering...and the icing on the cake: 50% of the brush was comprised of these *pure evil* trees called Hawthorns. They stab. They pierce. They hurt like a *******.

I came home sore and tired and dirty, and you know what? A hot shower pretty much fixed all of that. I can't even hear my coworkers in my head anymore or the drone of the chainsaw. It's all washed down the drain. A cup of tea will probably amplify the effect.

So all of you, go do yourselves a favor and take a hot shower or bath. Drop whatever you're doing and just go take one. And if you have your own washer/dryer, throw a towel in the dryer first so it's warm when you need it. Then, when you're done, heck with the clothes!! Draw the blinds closed, turn the lights down and run around your house/apartment/cave naked. Be free, fellow forumites. BE FREE.

You can thank me later :)

Okay, worth a try :)

XD

ya that definatly is the duct tape of all emotional cures, i love to stand in the shower for like 10, 15 minutes in really hot water, then i just turn the cold on full blast and the shock just pulls you away from everything.

But sorry then i put on some pajamas with little sheeps, and moons and clouds and snowboarding snowmen on them.

Becuase well, my sexyness is so extreme, it dangerous....cha ya..... ... ... .

*hangs head in shame* i can't believe i just said that

*facepalms*

XP

Fun fact: showering/dousing in really cold water is a Russian folk medicine believed to strengthen the immune system and increase hair growth.

It definitely helps hair growth for sure, I think...I used to be developing a mild bald spot on the top of my head. Just the hair thinning out. I doused with cold water every morning for a couple months and it filled in really well.

I used to take a bubble bath every so often and I'm a guy...lmao

Yeap i nice hot shower after work helps a lot.

evanescencefan91 said:
XD

ya that definatly is the duct tape of all emotional cures, i love to stand in the shower for like 10, 15 minutes in really hot water, then i just turn the cold on full blast and the shock just pulls you away from everything.

But sorry then i put on some pajamas with little sheeps, and moons and clouds and snowboarding snowmen on them.

Becuase well, my sexyness is so extreme, it dangerous....cha ya..... ... ...

Oh...if I was just 20 years younger......

......I'd give you the chance to turn me down. LoL ;)

Brian said:
Fun fact: showering/dousing in really cold water is a Russian folk medicine believed to strengthen the immune system and increase hair growth.

It definitely helps hair growth for sure, I think...I used to be developing a mild bald spot on the top of my head. Just the hair thinning out. I doused with cold water every morning for a couple months and it filled in really well.

Maybe that's why I never have had a problem with thinning hair. I prefer cooler showers. For me they are more relaxing that hot.

Lonesome Crow said:
I used to take a bubble bath every so often and I'm a guy...lmao

Yeap i nice hot shower after work helps a lot.

Baths for me however I do prefer hot. Probably not as hot as most people do. But yes, soaking in a bath is more relaxing for me as well. Started when I realized that after certain types of jobs the shower just wasn't cutting it and I had to soak in a really soapy bath to get all the grime off. Now about once every month or so I take the extra time for one.

I'd take a bath now and then to ease those sore muscles, if it weren't for one thing. The plumbing in my apartment is such that the sink drain enters the piping higher than the tub drain...so when I wash dishes, I get to see dinner scrapings when I go to take a shower. This makes for a generally dirty bath tub.

I'd yell at the landlord to fix it, but it's been that way forever and the entire place would have to be ripped apart to get to where the problem is >< Plus I can just turn the kitchen water on low to kinda avoid the problem.

On that note: If I had $100,000 like, right now, the first thing I'd do is go buy a decent hot tub. Then invest the rest. :)

Latest posts

Back