The Big Five test

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonYells

Reaction score
Hi. I did a short googling spree looking for a more accurate personality test than the MBTI, and I found this:

http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/

It's a personality test based on empirical data derived from previous studies on other personality tests (including MBTI). It also bases the results according to gender, age, and location. This gives out a pretty accurate with minimal bias and less generalized, uhh, generalization of your personality.

Here's an example of it's results:
http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/results/?oR=0.95&cR=0.25&eR=0.312&aR=0.583&nR=0.625&y=1990&g=m
(These are mine, which tells me I'm a young-adult crackpot. great. haha)

p.s. I don't have anything against those who hold the MBTI test in high regards. I see personality tests as a "whatever floats your boat" kind of thing. I mean, if something helps you make sense of the world and yourself a little better, then so be it :)

I guess it's up to you to determine how you can use your results for yourself. I could interpret it for you? It could be fun. or awkward. whatever.

RonYells said:
I guess it's up to you to determine how you can use your results for yourself. I could interpret it for you? It could be fun. or awkward. whatever.
That's very kind of you to offer RonYells, but that's alright. Neat thread though.:)

That or you were just being too hard on yourself when you answered the questions. Hard to tell from just the forum but I don't think you are disagreeable.

Well I like expressing my opinions, and don't censure them when they disagree with others', so I think I pass off as disagreeable (just by the number of people that have straight-up said "fresia you" to me here)

Oh, well that necessarily doesn't make you disagreeable, just strongly opinionated. I for one don't recall ever telling you to f-yourself or recall thinking that so you can't be all that disagreeable.

I'm a O90-C13-E18-A8-N80 Big Five!!

I don't know if I pasted this right. It looks different :/

WL7.3 said:

Just use the 'new reply' button to post a link to the results page. That's what I did.

Cavey said:
WL7.3 said:

Just use the 'new reply' button to post a link to the results page. That's what I did.
Thx

Cavey said:
WL7.3 said:

Mine doesn't work, does your's?

Your Results

Closed-Mindedl-------------o--lOpen to New Experiences
Disorganized l---o------------lConscientious
Introverted l----o-----------lExtraverted
Disagreeable l--o-------------l Agreeable
Calm / Relaxedl-----------o---lNervous / High-Strung

I can't believe I went to all this trouble to show what a jerk I am:p

I give in trying to embed mine.

"I'm a O24-C13-E1-A1-N94 Big Five!!"

"Openness to Experience/Intellect
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You are somewhat conventional. (Your percentile: 24)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 13)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 1)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 1)

Neuroticism
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things. (Your percentile: 94)
"

I disagree with the O. I'm a musician, so by design it's my duty to be creative. I have an incredibly active imagination, and a wide variety of interests. Yes, I am down to earth, but that's due to my pessimistic nature more than anything else.

The rest is pretty much accurate, though.

Latest posts

Back