The drunk introvert

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aube

Reaction score
I'm not an alcoholic and rarely indulge in alcoholic beverages. However, when I do drink, I have a light elbow and can drink gallons before I get tipsy. When I do (get tipsy, that is), something pleasant usually happens (as long as I don't become retarded-drunk).

It becomes easier to chat with strangers and acquaintances. People who don't know me much suddenly find me very interesting. If I'm with acquaintances, they start to talk with me whereas, if I were sober, they'd be talking with the others and I would struggle to just hear the conversation and include myself in it. When I am sober, people usually do not come to me. When slightly drunk, I feel good and at ease, I'm animated without being unpleasant. In short, when I'm tipsy, I'm at my best. I don't want to be an alcoholic but, if I were always tipsy, my life would be quite interesting from a social point of view (and, possibly, from a creative point of view).

I agree.

I was once in a party where most were acquaintances, after drinking a lot I started to feel more open with everyone I met. I felt very free and liberated, was very fun.

Drinking has gotten me through a lot of social anxiety, the old social lubricant. :D

You should take this as training wheels(though my parents didn't believe in them. :( ) you should rely on them but you do feel a really big difference when drunk. I have noticed the transition of nervousness to looseness while drinking. I can get tipsy pretty fast but I can also lose it just as quickly if I don't like the atmosphere. But back to the point you should try to socialize while you aren't drunk and don't do anything to heavy. Just walk up to a random girl and say hello, if you are comfortable enough smile. Just ask a girl if she knows when the next bus is coming or what ever you can to spark a conversation that doesn't lead to a yes or no answer.

Good question, cause I've been in the exact same situation for the past month but my level of intoxication on any given night varies a lot.

makes sense though as to why bars are the accepted meet up spots then. lots of liquid courage to go around if needed.

Whenever I go out to a bar or a party people always want to talk to me, sometimes it's easy but when it's hard because of my anxiety I hit the alcohol and my anxiety disappears. I don't know where I'd be without alcohol...

Only problem is for every night you drink it gets harder and harder to get tipsy or drunk which is normally a good thing but when you want to get tipsy it isn't. Shots just don't do the job for me anymore. My local bar was shocked the first time I asked for a pint of vodka, it costs just over 24 euros ;)

I know about this. Drinking seems to loosen my tongue and put me at ease. It's great!

The only problem is that now I'm on antidepressants, so I have to be careful how much I drink, or if I drink at all.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I know about this. Drinking seems to loosen my tongue and put me at ease. It's great!

The only problem is that now I'm on antidepressants, so I have to be careful how much I drink, or if I drink at all.

Yes, indeed, it's not recommended to drink while taking antidepressants. I think it has to do with just how much your kidneys have to process. Since meds and alcohol are hard to process, it's better not to overload too much. I don't know if there is another reason why it might be a countra indication.

Fitz said:
You asked for a pint of vodka in a pub!? Haha! Brilliant!

Why couldn't you order a pint of vodka in a pub? Is it forbidden in some places? Or does it have to be mixed?

Aube said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Yes, indeed, it's not recommended to drink while taking antidepressants. I think it has to do with just how much your kidneys have to process. Since meds and alcohol are hard to process, it's better not to overload too much. I don't know if there is another reason why it might be a countra indication.

Fitz said:
You asked for a pint of vodka in a pub!? Haha! Brilliant!

Why couldn't you order a pint of vodka in a pub? Is it forbidden in some places?

I'd add this: if you're an introvert AND a creative (writer, painter, etc.) you may have a double incentive to drink, I guess.

This is somewhat off topic but I had to post

I got bored and decided to see if a pint of vodka was rarer than I had assumed, I had never heard of it the first time that I ordered it, I was just being spontaneous. The barman said he'd never served a pint of vodka in the 9 years that he had owned the bar. So anyway I Googled "pint of vodka" and found out some pretty interesting facts:

#a pint of vodka contains 1300 calories
#After drinking a pint of vodka it takes 11 hours to metabolize
#on average a russian drinks a pint of vodka a day

But that info was hard to find because the main thing that comes up is "Guy dies from drinking pint of vodka". This really hit me hard. I must have drank at least 10 of these, 2 in 1 night once! I can't believe this, there are videos of people drinking pints of vodka like it's a challenge and yet I'm just drinking them casually in a bar...

I can't help but think I've dodged a bullet today.

One more life saved by A Lonely Life...

That sounds like a pretty excess amount pezza. Screw alcohol, Smoke Buds!

Pezza said:
This is somewhat off topic but I had to post

I got bored and decided to see if a pint of vodka was rarer than I had assumed, I had never heard of it the first time that I ordered it, I was just being spontaneous. The barman said he'd never served a pint of vodka in the 9 years that he had owned the bar. So anyway I Googled "pint of vodka" and found out some pretty interesting facts:

#a pint of vodka contains 1300 calories
#After drinking a pint of vodka it takes 11 hours to metabolize
#on average a russian drinks a pint of vodka a day

But that info was hard to find because the main thing that comes up is "Guy dies from drinking pint of vodka". This really hit me hard. I must have drank at least 10 of these, 2 in 1 night once! I can't believe this, there are videos of people drinking pints of vodka like it's a challenge and yet I'm just drinking them casually in a bar...

I can't help but think I've dodged a bullet today.

One more life saved by A Lonely Life...

Jeez man, 2 pints of vodka in one sitting could kill you! Seriously, That much alcohol would kill you if you drank it in a single sitting. If it didn't, you'd be in a very bad way. You'd spend the next day with the horrors. Dry-heaving, slumped over the toilet bowl all day, swearing to yourself you'll never drink another drop of alcohol again! (I had a bad experience with whiskey myself. Awful, awful drink)

I thought you were kidding for chrissakes!! If you passed out, you could choke on your own vomit. I remember hearing about these guys who put their drunk friend in an elevator. He was after a lot of vodka, and they made him go up and down for a while, He choked on his own vomit and died.

I'd cut that out if I were you Pezza! That's no way to have a drink! Stick with the shots if you like your vodka I'd say.

zaney said:
That sounds like a pretty excess amount pezza. Screw alcohol, Smoke Buds!

Unless they're the type of person where MJ gives them anxiety. Then it'd be more worser.

But otherwise I concur.

Latest posts

Back