The forums

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksy

Reaction score
Hey everyone , came back after a long brake and well I want to say something that I wanted ever since I joined.
For a forum that is meant to help people get over every days problem it doesen't do to good a job. No offense or anything I like that it exists and all but all I see are posts from the same people talking about how life sucks and so on and 60% of the responses are people that say stuff along the lines " I know how you feel I am the same " .
To me that is not actually helping, telling me that you feel the same and are in the same situation it just gets me down even more.
I want to see more people giving advice and open up more topics about stuff that will distract the people from the problems not point out how their social life sucks.
If I wanted these type of responses I would of went to a homeless guy pay him 10$ to tell me how miserable he is.
Again this is not a hate thread or anything but I'm serious , every time I get on and look around all I see are depressing posts with depressing answers with the exception of 1-2 threads about something else.
I know most of you will just flame me now and I can't do anything about it , its your opinion I just said mine.

It does help some people to realize that they aren't alone. That others have the same feeling. Not everyone is here looking for advice. The purpose of the forum seems to vary with the person using it.

If you want to see more people giving advice, that is valid. Usually if you ask, there are plenty that are willing to give advice. I thought that there were a large number of topics that are basically distraction in that they aren't problem related. If you have an idea for more, feel free to start the threads.

I felt the same way for a while, then.. i don't care anymore.

I belive that for people with problems, this is one of the places to go. Sometimes what people need is compassion and just a place to empty the head of thoughts by making them visible to the world.
Some people do this on their own. (i am one).
And now i even read about people's problems and find that it gives me better insight into what i have been through, since they are better able to put them into words than me.

Besides, there isn't only problem threads. There are the games forum, entertainment-related threads, and so on.

At least this forum is genuinely active.

You are completely entitled to feel the way you do though :p

I mainly use the forums to vent my problems. Sometimes I want advice, other times it's just nice to know that someone understands. Most of life's problems don't have an answer and all you can do is ***** and moan about them to let off steam.

It does get depressing reading about problems a lot. But someone can just as easily get depressed reading about your problem, even if they are giving you solid advice on how to fix it. It just means you feel for others and I think most of us are here because we need someone to listen and care.

Aksy,
Make a thread or more even dealing with what you want to talk about or get some advice on. I've been here for nearly three months and came in and poured my heart out and many sought to help me through PM's, e-mail and the threads I spilled my guts on. I have made some truely, priceless, friends here. You can do the same. But you have to open the door that invites others through to support and assist you.

That is a valid feeling, I guess. If you want more advice you should ask for it.

But how does THIS thread further that goal ? Isnt THIS thread the kind that you dont like ? Maybe you should have make a thread asking for adivice or to talk about your problem. I bet more people would reply to that than this.

and teh dreamer is right, your post could be just as depressing as any of the others, and people could treat it like the others and just tell you they know how you feel...

But isnt that what people basically want ? To have someone listen, and give them a virtual pat on the back and tell them to keep their chin up, buddy ?

I dont know how to give advice most of the time. If I knew the advice to give to others I wouldnt need advice on my own issues.

For the same reason why you come here about a problem or an issue, is the same reason why most everyone else does. Don't expect anything from anyone here. We all have our own issues. It's nice when we get some advice we can go by, but don't think everyone should push aside how they think or feel for you.

If you're going to enter into something with a failing attitude, then you're going to fail.

It's as simple as that.

Latest posts

Back