The Netflix Thread of Instant Movie Recommendations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjam

Reaction score
Try something different! :)

Genre: Anime (series)
Title: Death Note

(taken from Netflix)
Whenever law student Light Yagami writes down a person's name in his newly found notebook, that person ends up dead. Deciding to take the law into his own hands, Light uses his powerful new tool to wipe out criminals from the face of the Earth.

Genre: "Part social commentary, part romantic adventure with hints of science fiction"
Title: Castaway on the Moon

(taken from Netflix)
Kim Seong-geun ... decides to end it all by jumping into the Han River, but instead wakes up on a tiny island in the middle of the waterway, now a castaway in the teeming heart of civilization.

Genres: "Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Sci-Fi Dramas"
Title: The Man from Earth

(taken from Netflix)
Renowned sci-fi writer Jerome Bixby penned the script for this thought-provoking film starring David Lee Smith as John Oldman, a college professor who reveals to his colleagues that he's actually a centuries-old caveman...

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Genre: Thrillers, Scandinavian Movies,
Title: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

(taken from Netflix)
Third in a trio of films inspired by Swedish author Stieg Larsson's "Millennium Trilogy," this thriller follows feisty computer hacker Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) as she finds herself hospitalized, suspected of murder and targeted for death by thugs.

Genres: Thrillers, Mysteries, Psychological Thrillers
Title: Buried

(taken from Netflix)
While on a job in Iraq, civilian contractor Paul Conroy is attacked and kidnapped, then awakens to find himself buried alive in the middle of the desert with nothing but a lighter, a candle, a cell phone and a knife.

Minus said:
Genre: "Part social commentary, part romantic adventure with hints of science fiction"
Title: Castaway on the Moon

(taken from Netflix)
Kim Seong-geun ... decides to end it all by jumping into the Han River, but instead wakes up on a tiny island in the middle of the waterway, now a castaway in the teeming heart of civilization.

+1

Fantastic movie.

What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams. I HIGHLY recommend it, seriously underrated movie. I'll just copy the Netflix description

When physician Chris Nielson dies in a car accident and goes to heaven, his distraught wife commits suicide and ends up in hell. Risking eternal damnation, Nielson leaves paradise and embarks on an epic journey to save his spouse from Hades.

Among the Sleep said:
What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams. I HIGHLY recommend it, seriously underrated movie. I'll just copy the Netflix description

When physician Chris Nielson dies in a car accident and goes to heaven, his distraught wife commits suicide and ends up in hell. Risking eternal damnation, Nielson leaves paradise and embarks on an epic journey to save his spouse from Hades.

When I first noticed that movie on netflix I thought it was just another lame movie from the Nineties. It seems like I was wrong. I'll check it out sometime.

Antihero said:
Among the Sleep said:

When I first noticed that movie on netflix I thought it was just another lame movie from the Nineties. It seems like I was wrong. I'll check it out sometime.

Do it man, one of my buddies just put it on randomly one night and it sucked me in...sad, but beautiful story with some crazy imagery, once he gets to hell especially

Antihero said:
Genres: "Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Sci-Fi Dramas"
Title: The Man from Earth

(taken from Netflix)
Renowned sci-fi writer Jerome Bixby penned the script for this thought-provoking film starring David Lee Smith as John Oldman, a college professor who reveals to his colleagues that he's actually a centuries-old caveman...

I've seen this, its not really sci-fi but I found it intresting from the idea of a close nit group of friends where someone reveals something totally unbelievable. The fact that they have known him years and trust him and the divisions it causes amongst them was the angle of the movie really, but its worth a watch its a bit of a one off.

Genre: Independent Dramas
Title: Choking Man

(taken from IMDB)
The social anxiety of a morbidly shy Ecuadorian dishwasher working in a Queens diner provides the psychological engine that powers this blend of drama and magical realism.

Best of all it shows a General Electric three cubic foot mini-fridge with an imitation wood grain door.
2h3wxi1.jpg

Latest posts

Back