the official obscure music thread.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
time for me to add one.
those guys are a bluegrass band. i don't know if very obscure - but they deserve the spot. even for those that aren't huge fans of the genre - those guys could be worth a listen.

[youtube]fi12f5j1VA0[/youtube]

Bluegrass is always good :)

--

It is at the point that i can't remember what all has been posted already.
Will try this.

From the Atlanta Georgia area

10r66gx.jpg

Night Shadows - I Can't Believe

[youtube]LkzZTffXMK0[/youtube]

This copy is a little flat and muted, which isn't true of the 45 release, though there was a remix of the album reissued in 79 that this might possible be from. Still worthwhile for the fuzz guitar.

hmmm... i think you haven't posted those yet, but yes, this is getting long :)

^^^^ and i have to say... this is probably the best thread i have opened in all my lengthly career here :p

i really like this but i would like to find an instrumental only version but i dont think there is a real one.

gamers will remember it was in the 360 game crackdown at the main menu and on one of the radio stations.

Mike Moose said:
Mavi Isiklar - Ask cicegi

Minus..do you know where i can get this on vinyl or CD??

Not off hand. It was reissued on the compilation "Turkish Delights, 26 Ultrarities from Beyond the Sea of Marmara" on Grey Past Records. I understand that it is currently out of print. I am not aware of anything else that it was reissued on. Maybe a used copy of the compilation may become available sometime.

Yeah don't we miss the Freak Emporium now? Yeah like everything else, they used to carry it.

Minus said:
Mike Moose said:
Mavi Isiklar - Ask cicegi

Minus..do you know where i can get this on vinyl or CD??

Not off hand. It was reissued on the compilation "Turkish Delights, 26 Ultrarities from Beyond the Sea of Marmara" on Grey Past Records. I understand that it is currently out of print. I am not aware of anything else that it was reissued on. Maybe a used copy of the compilation may become available sometime.

Yeah don't we miss the Freak Emporium now? Yeah like everything else, they used to carry it.
I have the vinyl version of 'turkish delights' which is obviously is shorter and doesn't include this track (boo hoo!).It's got some gems on it.Didn't know there was a CD version.Must track it down.Are you familiar with the 'love,peace and poetry' comps? Vol 9 is turkish..really good!
Yeah Freak Emporium was a bummer..but I still manage to get my fix due to the wonders of ebay and other such dealers.
nice one minus..keep 'em coming!

Tony, Caro and John -Waltz for a spaniel
[youtube]Qu3pUH6GfMI[/youtube]

Tony Caro and John-Eclipse of the moon
[youtube]X2ays2wp-bA[/youtube]

The Trolls-That's the way my love is
[youtube]1UsjiztTyHM[/youtube]

Enoch Smoky-It's cruel
[youtube]NLnurP_KEBA[/youtube]

Tintern Abbey-vacuum cleaner
[youtube]WS-ULwge-x0[/youtube]

Golden Dawn-My time
[youtube]0gYgsp9cWVw[/youtube]

The United States of America-Coming down
[youtube]_Jwi78dYK2o[/youtube]

The Misunderstood-I can take you to the sun
[youtube]WWjr8UiSZns[/youtube]

HP Lovecraft-high flying bird
[youtube]zcfJN4kPGuM[/youtube]

dead said:
time for me to add one.
those guys are a bluegrass band. i don't know if very obscure - but they deserve the spot. even for those that aren't huge fans of the genre - those guys could be worth a listen.

[youtube]fi12f5j1VA0[/youtube]

good stuff..thanks dead!

John Renbourn-rosslyn
[youtube]3_1LyoVC3tA[/youtube]

The original version of 'dazed and confused' by Jake Holmes which was blatantly ripped off by jimmy page.
[youtube]pTsvs-pAGDc[/youtube]

13th floor elevators-splash 1
[youtube]nNVffJ1NppA[/youtube]

13th floor elevators-i had to tell you
[youtube]JkOYZLCIppQ[/youtube]

Young flowers..a danish band whose two Lp's are worth seek..
Oppe i Træet
[youtube]jvnd12bVaBE[/youtube]

And Who But I Should Be-
[youtube]isN-9vVe1ag[/youtube]

[youtube]2LrQ-g3YnjY[/youtube]

[youtube]bdLyoCgDKFs[/youtube]

[youtube]P-V8lY7pFJ4[/youtube]

Mike Moose said:
I have the vinyl version of 'turkish delights' which is obviously is shorter and doesn't include this track (boo hoo!).It's got some gems on it.Didn't know there was a CD version.....

Yes the CD version adds 11 more tracks to what is contained on the vinyl.

Mike Moose said:
Are you familiar with the 'love,peace and poetry' comps? Vol 9 is turkish..really good!

No I don't recall that set.

The "Lethal Dose of Hard Psych" that you have Enoch Smoky from [above] is a great series.

Mike Moose said:
Yeah Freak Emporium was a bummer..but I still manage to get my fix due to the wonders of ebay and other such dealers.

It is getting better. When i got duplicate copies of my old Prunes LPs on CD the Freak Emporium was the only place that i could find them. These days you can even find them on amazon.com. Some such as the Montana version of Frantic that i spent many years looking for until i found it at the Freak Emporium, even eventually showed up on Amazon for a short time before disappearing again.

Young Governor (LIYL - Jay Reatard, garage punk) One member of the Toronto hardcore band Fu**ed Up and a really really really nice guy.
[youtube]1AaoFD4Q54w[/youtube]

Shape of Broad Minds (LIYL - The Pharcyde, hip hop) The beats on their album 'Craft of the Lost Art' are perfect.
[youtube]Qa3SBKuAT2I[/youtube]

Chinese Stars, related to Arab on Radar.

[youtube]K_np6GDNzp0[/youtube]

All Leather. Obviously related to the extensive bands JP has taken part in.

[youtube]NiJbx6JoIUs[/youtube]

Doppler Effect - God Is Alive In Argentina (1967)

[youtube]UCerGK_zK1Y[/youtube]

--
People - I Love You (1968)

xbeizb.jpg

A cover of the Zombie song. The single release doesn't bear even a vague similarity to the rest of the album and anyone expecting the album to sound like the single would be very disappointed. That may be why the album got some bad reviews while the single did well. It would be easy to disagree with the reviewers and one could wonder if the group had pushed further their unorthodox blending of styles and shifting musical structures found on the album, if they would now be mentioned alongside the respected classic experimental bands of the era such as 50 Foot Hose and The Presidents of the United States.

[youtube]hU8h75G-LVE[/youtube]

thanks for the sounds and info ladies and gents..
Rubinho e mauro assumpcao-quero companheira
[youtube]dRGYNS6n0vI[/youtube]

Golgol Bordello: not a crime

[youtube]PFL2SXGdrVA&[/youtube]

warsawpack: poor boy blues

[youtube]3hO6z84bY2k&[/youtube]

[youtube]qN_j1bz3i4s&[/youtube]

[youtube]VNX5f8bwJGs&[/youtube]

thanks for that..i'm not really up on hip hop but I always liked this:
Pharcyde-otha fish
[youtube]G8QoN2WNXk8[/youtube]

The Trolls - Every Day & Every Night [1966]

[youtube]Wg_dQ8Myqko[/youtube]

Mike, do you know if the above Troll from Chicago is the same
Troll group from Chicago that released the psych LP "Animated Music"
in 1968 or 69?

55403d.jpg

Unfortunately i can't find a copy of "Werewolf and Witchbreath" from the album, on youtube.

Minus said:
Mike, do you know if the above Troll from Chicago is the same
Troll group from Chicago that released the psych LP "Animated Music"
in 1968 or 69?

Unfortunately i can't find a copy of "Werewolf and Witchbreath" from the album, on youtube.

nice one,thanks minus never heard of The Troll before..genius cut!!..according to the Fuzz,acid and flowers book by Vernon Joynson (essential reference but pricey) it is the same band..I'll see if i can hunt down a copy..a song with the title 'werewolf and witchbreath' is already a winner!

The standells-barracuda
[youtube]AvluZro-esA[/youtube]

The Creation-through my eyes
[youtube]h7XFbKHCAdY[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back