Songs ALL Can Relate too

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHK

Reaction score
This song came on yesterday as I was running hoe and it got me thinking. I heard this song a few months ago and I absolutely love it. They aren't a big band, though I imagine there are probably a few who have heard of them. This song struck me on so many levels and I couldn't help but think that I bet there is quite a bit of people here at ALL that would probably really relate to this song as well, so I'd thought I'd start a thread to share it, and where other's can share a song that you think we can relate too.
Music is a big part of my life but in order for me to enjoy it, it has to have meaning. I don't really care for music about just sex, drugs, and rock n roll so to speak. This song I just found really powerful. It moved me quite a bit.
Anyway, it's called Sun Goes Down by New Medicine. I've included the lyrics and also the video.
I hope you like it.

[video=youtube]

he sun goes down,
Now you're coming apart, I keep falling apart.
And the sun comes up,
Now I don't know where to start, I keep falling apart.

And the whole **** world
Keeps on breaking my heart, I don't know where to start.
And I can't have my head in circles,
Round and round and round in circles, yeah.

I'm at the mercy of a wasted love,
And all the things that pass me by,
And everything I used to be,
Is coming back to torture me.

I don't know,
If I'll ever bounce back, if I'll ever get it back,
Go,
Down the end of this road and it never takes me home,

I can't have my head in circles,
Round and round and round in circles, yeah.

The promises in all my dreams,
I'm broken now, it's all I see.

Don't you lie to me,
I know that I'm not free,
Don't you lie to me,
I know that I'm not free.

[Guitar Solo]

My eyes are blind and all I see
As all the world laughs at me,
A darkened light cries out for me,
I wish everyone would let me be.

The sun goes down,
I keep coming apart, I keep falling apart

This is another song that made me think of this place. Seether is probably a much more well known band, and Shaun has this voice that is just incredible. Seether has always been a favourite of mine but this song just struck a lot of emotion in me. I have always felt alone - the two people have should have cared about me, who created me, never did and most of... Well, all of it, really, I have felt like I'm already in the grave and I've just got a few finger tips hanging on that's preventing me from laying down. I don't know that I'll ever have anything more - I just can't seem to get it.
So this song - Nobody Praying For Me - seems to fit me on all of my basic levels. I'm sure many here will relate to it as well.

[video=youtube]

I’m a whisper lost upon wind
I’m the ember that will burn you down
I’m the water that will drown you
I’m a star that’s just a black hole now
I’m a terrifying danger
I’m fruit decaying on the ground
I’m a swallower of anger
I’m the tree that falls and makes no sound
I make no sound…

‘Cause if I stand up, I’ll break my bones
And everybody loves to see a fall unfold
Ain’t nobody giving up, ’cause nobody gives a fresia
Stand up and break my bones
Everybody wants what they just can’t hold
There’s nobody praying for me

I am fungus in the forest
I’m a lizard with a poison tongue
I’m the child in the manger
I’m the one who sacrificed his son
Rust is showing on my armor
I am wheezing like an old man… done
I’m a product of my anger
I’m the bullet in a loaded gun

Stand up, I’ll break my bones

‘Cause if I stand up, I’ll break my bones
(There’s nobody praying for me)

Thank you. I usually listen to the tone more than the lyrics of a song but I really tuned in to what these songs said. I like it. Thank you.

I actually have been really judgmental of booty shaking radio music in the past. so much that I am going 180 and giving radio music a chance and there's actually a lot of good music going on right now everywhere. but Rock will always be MY music first. hip hop is just fun.

So I Really like New Medicine. Thanks again. Really kinda said what i'm going through today painfully. "I'm at the mercy of a wasted life, and all the things that pasted me by. all the things that I used to be, are coming back to torture me." I'm going through a break up and today my big issue is feeling mad I've wasted all that time if I never win her back. I'm at a certain age were i'm not a kid anymore but i'm not such an old man just yet. I've got worries and lessons learned but nothing to show for them it seems. So as I move forward i'm starting over. as If I was 25 again. but i'm not. i'm much older. But I guess all I can do is try

WOw sorry went on a rant. good music though thanks.

loketron said:
Thank you. I usually listen to the tone more than the lyrics of a song but I really tuned in to what these songs said. I like it. Thank you.

I actually have been really judgmental of booty shaking radio music in the past. so much that I am going 180 and giving radio music a chance and there's actually a lot of good music going on right now everywhere. but Rock will always be MY music first. hip hop is just fun.

So I Really like New Medicine. Thanks again. Really kinda said what i'm going through today painfully. "I'm at the mercy of a wasted life, and all the things that pasted me by. all the things that I used to be, are coming back to torture me." I'm going through a break up and today my big issue is feeling mad I've wasted all that time if I never win her back. I'm at a certain age were i'm not a kid anymore but i'm not such an old man just yet. I've got worries and lessons learned but nothing to show for them it seems. So as I move forward i'm starting over. as If I was 25 again. but i'm not. i'm much older. But I guess all I can do is try

WOw sorry went on a rant. good music though thanks.

You're welcome. This is why I love music that means something. Most music today does not - it's all sugary coated love beats with people like Mick Jagger. Unrealistic bullshit that means fresia all.
That line really resonates with me as well. The only thing I've ever really accomplished in my life is being a great drug addict and alcoholic. And boy, do they come back and torture me, day in and day out. It seems like something I will never be able to get away from. It follows me around like that school yard bully just always nagging and waiting for you to trip up so it can laugh in your face. I hope one day I can be more then that.

Here's another that really means a lot. Corey Taylor, I think, is perhaps one of the most, if not THE most, talented men in music. I think all of his songs were lyrics etched from his being onto papers. He is magical.
Bother is perhaps one of my favourite Stone Sour songs. I used to be like a rock, but I've been finding lately that I'm getting cracks and I'm not so dead to not cry now, and I wish I could go back to feeling nothing but all I feel is myself slipping...

[video=youtube]

Wish I was too dead to cry
My self-affliction fades
Stones to throw at my creator
Masochists to which I cater
You don't need to bother;
I don't need to be
I'll keep slipping farther
But once I hold on,
I won't let go 'til it bleeds

Wish I was too dead to care
If indeed I cared at all
Never had a voice to protest
So you fed me honeysuckle to digest
I wish I had a reason;
my flaws are open season
For this, I gave up trying
One good turn deserves my dying

I don't need to be
But once I hold on,

[Solo: Corey]

Wish I'd died instead of lived
A zombie hides my face
Shell forgotten
with its memories
Diaries left
with cryptic entries

And you don't need to bother;
I don't need to be
But once I hold on,

I don't need to be
But once I hold on:
I'll never live down my deceit

yeah I hear what your saying. i'm having a discussion with myself about drugs and alcohol right now too. I did a few years sober and a few years not before my relationship ended. then I tried sobering up again like that what what I needed. I tried all this healthy stuff all too quickly and basically imploded into myself when I couldn't handle all the changes so quickly.

but I'll tell you what I found is not the drugs and alcohol being MY problem but my perception of them. alcohol isn't my problem. my own perception of it is. Is not an evil force that needs to be kept away from me. its something that needs to be enjoyed in moderation. for fun. not for getting hammered.

Now if your one to get hammered drunk all the time then yes, I do believe its time to take a step back and reevaluate your relationship with this substance. My mind has turned towards finding happiness and if going out for a casual drink will help me be happy then yeah i'm not going to say no. but if I find I'm a raging alcoholic then maybe its time for AA. everyone different though.

just talking out loud I guess my friend JHK thanks. are those Initials???

loketron said:
yeah I hear what your saying. i'm having a discussion with myself about drugs and alcohol right now too. I did a few years sober and a few years not before my relationship ended. then I tried sobering up again like that what what I needed. I tried all this healthy stuff all too quickly and basically imploded into myself when I couldn't handle all the changes so quickly.

but I'll tell you what I found is not the drugs and alcohol being MY problem but my perception of them. alcohol isn't my problem. my own perception of it is. Is not an evil force that needs to be kept away from me. its something that needs to be enjoyed in moderation. for fun. not for getting hammered.

Now if your one to get hammered drunk all the time then yes, I do believe its time to take a step back and reevaluate your relationship with this substance. My mind has turned towards finding happiness and if going out for a casual drink will help me be happy then yeah i'm not going to say no. but if I find I'm a raging alcoholic then maybe its time for AA. everyone different though.

just talking out loud I guess my friend JHK thanks. are those Initials???

I don't drink socially to get drunk. I drink or do drugs to quiet the voices in my head - I dull the ache and feelings I can't deal with or don't know how to deal with. I hide, basically. Because it's easier to bury it then it is to deal with it.
Yes, JHK are my initials.

This song is another one that really hits home with me. Because the relationship that I have with my parents, if you can call it that, is...Painful. I don't know if it's that I can't forgive them, or I can't deal with them not forgiving me for not being able to be the son that they wanted. It's a large part of me that I don't know how to deal with yet, because I don't know how to make it right. Or let it go.

Remember Everything - Five Finger Death Punch

[video=youtube]

Dear mother, I love you
I'm sorry, I wasn't good enough
Dear Father, forgive me
Cause in your eyes, I just never added up
In my heart I know I failed you, but you left me here alone

[Chorus]
If I could hold back the rain, would you numb the pain?
Cause I remember everything.
If I could help you forget, would you take my regrets?

But dear brother, just don't hate me
For never standing by you, or being by your side
Dear sister, please don't blame me
I only did, what I thought was truly right
It's a long and lonely road, when you know you walk alone

[Chorus]

I feel like running away
I'm still so far from home
You say I'll never change but what the fresia do you know?
I'll burn it all to the ground, before I let you run
Please forgive me, I can't forgive you now.
I remember everything.
[Chorus]
It all went by so fast; I still can't change the past
I always will remember, everything
If we could start again, would that change the end?
We remember everything.

Yeah I get that. Drinking to quite the voices in your head. around age 25 when my last big break up was happening (why is it always girls with me! ugh!) I drank all the time to quiet my mind. I was back in an unfamiliar place trying to deal with a new life I didn't want.

let me tell you though. drinking to dull the pain will only stop the process of growing. you must feel the pain in order to grow and have its work be done on you. I hid from my mother and my sister with alcohol because it was easier than dealing with that fact that I was a broken man with no future. In the end I found a bright career got a new car, a new girlfriend, got self respect and cleaned myself up because I started healing those wounds by apologizing and closing the book on things I have done.

In time my friend. you'll see. Until then you can talk to ALL and uncle Loke will be here haha.

and BTW Five Finger Death Punch is awesome!

loketron said:
Yeah I get that. Drinking to quite the voices in your head. around age 25 when my last big break up was happening (why is it always girls with me! ugh!) I drank all the time to quiet my mind. I was back in an unfamiliar place trying to deal with a new life I didn't want.

let me tell you though. drinking to dull the pain will only stop the process of growing. you must feel the pain in order to grow and have its work be done on you. I hid from my mother and my sister with alcohol because it was easier than dealing with that fact that I was a broken man with no future. In the end I found a bright career got a new car, a new girlfriend, got self respect and cleaned myself up because I started healing those wounds by apologizing and closing the book on things I have done.

In time my friend. you'll see. Until then you can talk to ALL and uncle Loke will be here haha.

and BTW Five Finger Death Punch is awesome!

I know it does. I'm not under any delusions that I am making it or myself better. I know I'm just bottling myself up until I'm a ticking time bomb. But it's all I've got right now... I can't apologize (I don't even know if I SHOULD... But I don't know that I'm innocent, either) to either of them because I haven't spoken to them since they left when I was 15. So it's all on me and I don't know... I don't know anything. How to let it go, who to forgive, if I should be forgiven, just throw on my big boy pants and MOVE on... It's all messed up.

And this thread is very one sided. Surely someone here has a song they relate too. But I'll add one more - because music is something of my sanity.
It goes a lot with what we've been discussing.

The Drug - Egypt Central

[video=youtube]

7 AM and I'm walking again
Back to bury myself in the snow
With a part of me gone and its hard to hold
To a person that I used to know
And it kills me inside I am buried alive
I am nothing but flesh over bone
But I can't think about I'm not going to change
I'm better off being alone
Better off being alone

The drug, the drug is what understands me
Silence stole the voices in my head
Drink myself to death on cocaine candy
Twenty one gun salute when they find me dead
When they find me dead

In the back of the house with a gun in my mouth
And a mirror in front of my face
I have looked for a reason just one simple reason
For why I am worth being saved
But I'll never get out so I put the gun down
It's a slow suicide that I choose
So I give in again I sit down and breath in
I don't care about what I will lose
What I will lose

When they find me dead

I feel like this will never end
The curse will never end
More than air I need
You must believe I need the drug
I'm always on the run
From the addict I've become
More than air I breathe

I need the drug
I need the drug

Sorry I kinda Hijacked the thread by paying more attention to what you were saying then what the thread was about. forgive me.

I was really into The Mars Volta. After that the singer had a band called Zavalaz before Antemasque started up. the only remnants of that group on youtube are of one show in Fresno, Ca back in 2014. This is there performance of the song "the burden." he explains in the beginning its about his wifes struggle with escaping her young life in Alabama and and removing the shackles her parents imposed on her. An awesome upbeat song but a shame theres only a live version available.

[video=youtube]

loketron said:
Sorry I kinda Hijacked the thread by paying more attention to what you were saying then what the thread was about. forgive me.

I was really into The Mars Volta. After that the singer had a band called Zavalaz before Antemasque started up. the only remnants of that group on youtube are of one show in Fresno, Ca back in 2014. This is there performance of the song "the burden." he explains in the beginning its about his wifes struggle with escaping her young life in Alabama and and removing the shackles her parents imposed on her. An awesome upbeat song but a shame theres only a live version available.

loketron said:

can you show me how to embed?

No worries - it's about both, really. We relate to music through emotions from life experiences - every song that resonates with us has a tale we can tell about ourselves. So it's a thread for both. I just felt like I was show casing... lol
I will have to wait a bit to listen but the code for embedding is [video=youtube*]copy the URL of video[*/youtube] minus the asteriks.
Or if you quite one of my videos, you'll see the code there as well. :)

I would like to add mine..

[video=youtube]

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you,
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Mad world, mad world

Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy birthday, happy birthday
And to feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen

Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me, what's my lesson?
Look right through me, look right through me

I find it kind of sad
I find it hard to take
Mad world, mad world, enlarging your world, mad world

Arachne said:
I would like to add mine..

[video=youtube]

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

I find it kind of sad
I find it hard to take
Mad world, mad world

Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy birthday, happy birthday
And to feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen

Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me, what's my lesson?
Look right through me, look right through me

I find it kind of sad
I find it hard to take
Mad world, mad world, enlarging your world, mad world

I'm not a fan of the song musically. But lyrically... He was sure able to portray a sense of despair in a way that no one really has.
"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had" - I definitely get that.
Thanks for sharing. :)

kamya looove Cowboy Bebop in my top 5 anime's..

This is my favorite

[video=youtube]

Did not mean to hijack thread JHK in earlier post ..

Another song I relate to very much is..

[video=youtube]

Latest posts

Back