The pain of bone-searing loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NarcolepticInsomniac

Reaction score
Some people think I have a pretty good life: a boyfriend, my own circle of friends, and a pretty good family. However it's not what it seems. My boyfriend only asks me to see him whenever he feels like it (which isn't really frequent), my friends refuse to listen to my problems but I have to listen to theirs, they don't even want to hang out; they'd rather spend time with their boyfriends/girlfriends or other friends. I spent the majority of my summer vacation inside my house on my laptop because no one wanted to see me. My family obviously don't care if I'm depressed or not. They don't even want to talk to me.

I can't take this pain any more. Is anyone going through the same thing as I am? Do you guys have any tips or advice?

I'm not going through exactly what you are.. But I can see your pain..

The people who call themselves my friends do what your friends do too.. They don't even fake caring about how I feel..

And my family is distant and uncaring about my problems.. Every time I come to them with a problem they always tell me about theirs, either completely ignoring what I said, or making me feel like an idiot because they "Have it worse".

I don't have any advice, but.. I know how you feel, believe it or not..
Annd.. You know.. If you want to talk to me about your problems, I'd listen.. I'm not exactly a real live person to hug or laugh with, but I'll at least listen.. If you want.

NarcolepticInsomniac said:
Some people think I have a pretty good life: a boyfriend, my own circle of friends, and a pretty good family. However it's not what it seems. My boyfriend only asks me to see him whenever he feels like it (which isn't really frequent), my friends refuse to listen to my problems but I have to listen to theirs, they don't even want to hang out; they'd rather spend time with their boyfriends/girlfriends or other friends. I spent the majority of my summer vacation inside my house on my laptop because no one wanted to see me. My family obviously don't care if I'm depressed or not. They don't even want to talk to me.

I can't take this pain any more. Is anyone going through the same thing as I am? Do you guys have any tips or advice?

These people are all caught up with whats going on in 'their world'. Oblivious to their surroundings. Unable to comprehend compassion or sympathy. Sometimes its better to stand back from the reality that has been created for you in this society. Observe humanity's ignorance. Because seriously, do you really want to act like that?

My situation is pretty much exactly like your's. I dunno what to do about it either, wish I did.

ya i can never seem to make freinds that are actually invested in the friend ship i'm always the one that makes the incentive to call, knock on the door, or get people organized so we can hang out,

it really really makes me depressed :(

the pas 2 summers i spent pretty much entirely by myself and just spent my time online here

tell your "friends" it's not fair when you have to listen to their probalems when they won't listen to yours

i'm sorry i wish there were generally nicer people out there, but it doesn't seem like there's a wholoe lot we can do

but

*hugs*

Latest posts

Back