The robotic age

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warped

Reaction score
Here I am, downstairs on my macbook, with a slight case of sadness.
Not because of any materialistic issues, but because of a frustrating realization.
The fact that this century has turned us flesh human beings into programed, rule-following brainwashed robots.
Finish high school.
Get a job.
Go to college.
Get a better job.
Get married.
Make some robotic babies.
Live every single day exactly the same until the day you die.
Why is that? What happend to the encouragement to find oneself? To MAKE mistakes. To TAKE chances. LIVE A MEANINGFUL LIFE.
Not be so concerned with falling in love, but finding yourself.
Not be so concerned with settling down, but finding more adventures.
Don't live your life for money, but experience!
What has happened to us?
I only have number one and two checked on the list of HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE IN THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY and I am bored as hell.

I need to pull a Columbus and discover something great.

Your life is your life. It is your choice whether you do what you want or if you choose to let someone/something dictate what your life will be.
As for myself....I may never lead in my life, but I will also never follow. I am my own person, and will remain that way

Sounds like you're having an existential crisis. I went through this but have shaken off the feeling of absurdity.

I don't think life in any century has ever really encouraged deviating from the norm.

Hell before this it was:
Work on the farm
Turn 13 and knock up the neighbors 11 year old daughter so we can have more farm hands
Raise them and continue to work on the farm
repeat and hope you live past 45

The robotic nature of humans, combined with the attributes of gluttony, lust, greed, despair, wrath, acedia, vainglory, and pride (the seven deadly sins) that our masters possess, will eventually result in its extinction. This is the reason why the human race is a failure.

The technological time is simply seeming to take control of us as flesh and bones to turn us into a programmed know right from wrong don't do this but do that race. and yes since the beginning of earth I'm sure that similar stress was placed, but now that we have technology to do everything FOR us, humanity doesn't do honeysuckle. I mean for gods sake the "American Dream" is wealth and a white picket fence, all materialistic items that will amount to what? Though this is only my opinion, people have their own dreams and make their own meanings, settling down and having a family is just not what I want to do. Going dutch is the only answer. :p

BTW macbook pwns.

Latest posts

Back