the secret admirers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrathofcanis

Reaction score
have you ever been in the position were you have a crush, but you are way to shy to tell them so you keep admiring them from the distance and they probably don't even know you exist?

well Im in that position now XD I have this huge crush on a guy from college, his desk is near mine at school and he's very loud, LOL at first I though he was annoying then I though is was kinda funny and that is sorta what happened...

we've talked like ONCE he probably doesn't even know my name... and me being so terribly shy I dont think Ill ever talk to him...I don't even want him to find out I care about him, I don't believe myself to be that pretty to begin with so I don't think I have any chaces with him ):

anyways soooo..... shy-lonely people, any similar stories? :p

Sorta when I was younger but not now
The cure for shyness is fake confidence
Just game till u make it
What class is he in? Talk about the class & homework
ask to work with him in group projects and such
It cant hurt to try

Good luck:)

Hasn't everyone had this sort of a crush at some point in their lives? (If not, I kind of feel sorry for them.) Of course, not everyone settles for just admiring from the distance, but I for one have never had the courage to talk to any of my crushes. And I've had dozens and dozens (more when I was a teenager, of course, but I still get them occasionally) - the first one I remember was in preschool.

I think maybe it's kind of better sometimes not to talk to them. Unless it's someone you actually know, the person might just turn out to be a huge disappointment. There's this term, parataxic distortion (look it up on Wikipedia), that describes something I personally experience often when I get interested in someone. It's easy to imagine all sorts of wonderful things about someone you don't really know. Not that I want to sound too pessimistic or anything.

Stepchild said:
Hasn't everyone had this sort of a crush at some point in their lives? (If not, I kind of feel sorry for them.) Of course, not everyone settles for just admiring from the distance, but I for one have never had the courage to talk to any of my crushes. And I've had dozens and dozens (more when I was a teenager, of course, but I still get them occasionally) - the first one I remember was in preschool.

I think maybe it's kind of better sometimes not to talk to them. Unless it's someone you actually know, the person might just turn out to be a huge disappointment. There's this term, parataxic distortion (look it up on Wikipedia), that describes something I personally experience often when I get interested in someone. It's easy to imagine all sorts of wonderful things about someone you don't really know. Not that I want to sound too pessimistic or anything.

Hmm that was interesting, I was feeling all stupid since it's a guy that I hardly know... and you wonder "why do I even like this guy? I don't even know him all that well" but I guess you see what you want to see and your mind sorta fills the wholes..

I'm not plannig to talk to him anyways, like I said I'm terribly shy, too shy to even fake some confidence, he's very loud and outgoing and those kind of people intimidate me the most. I don't talk to him so aproaching him all the sudden would be really weird....it's not like I care THAT much... it's just a crush

heh, I have loads of this. I had a huge crush with this artist/football player/martial artist/with sexy hot abs and cute curly hair dude once. I just admired him from afar, til a freshman girl flirted with him, and they flirted with each other, and then they got together, and now the girl is living with him. I just admired (or lurked) from a distance when all these happened. yeah I know, I'm a creep.

Ah yeah, the crush, quite wonderful but also frustrating. Haven't had one in age(married). Sometimes a crush is just what it's suppose to be a crush.

this is how it has always been for me too. i have only told one girl how i felt about her. and even then it was through a message over the internet.

Of course. But I'm keeping my lips sealed not because I'm shy, but because I value the friendship more.

Yes that happens at times but I usually don't have a crush for too long.
I don't like people that don't like me and I know none of my crushes have liked me.

Wrathofcanis said:
I'm not plannig to talk to him anyways, like I said I'm terribly shy, too shy to even fake some confidence, he's very loud and outgoing and those kind of people intimidate me the most. I don't talk to him so aproaching him all the sudden would be really weird....it's not like I care THAT much... it's just a crush

I know how you feel. Like I said, I have never had the courage to talk to any of my crushes, either. But isn't it also kind of wonderful, simply having one? I kind of think that it's an end in itself, that it doesn't really have to lead anywhere. You have something exciting going on in your life, or at least inside your head, and that'll last as long as it will last, and then you'll move on. It doesn't seem like you feel like you'd be too heartbroken even if it doesn't go anywhere, so enjoy it while you can!

Yep, in high school I had a crush on this one girl who had a boyfriend who was a few years older and was jacked. He figured out I had a crush on his girlfriend and thought it was funny, he used to joke about it in a friendly manor. That was a horrible day because she was standing right there and she laughed.

Stepchild said:
Wrathofcanis said:

I know how you feel. Like I said, I have never had the courage to talk to any of my crushes, either. But isn't it also kind of wonderful, simply having one? I kind of think that it's an end in itself, that it doesn't really have to lead anywhere. You have something exciting going on in your life, or at least inside your head, and that'll last as long as it will last, and then you'll move on. It doesn't seem like you feel like you'd be too heartbroken even if it doesn't go anywhere, so enjoy it while you can!

You're right! you feel exited to go to school, for no reason really because is a crush that would never lead to anything and it wont even be recognized by the other person.... but when you are so shy and have very few friends school can be a bit dull, so having a little bit of exitement makes it's good even if it's about something pointless

Latest posts

Back