The way am feeling, (long read)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davechaos said:
I have just read through all of the posts and I have to say that there are so many people that rely on you here that this must tell you something.

Well ye, I am flattered by the response :)

davechaos said:
It must tell you that the person you are is infinitely better than the person most of us would hope to be.

Now come on mate. This just not true at all. Every person is ecol to another. I am sure you are just as a dissent person as myself and as anyone here.

davechaos said:
I know that sometimes it would be nice to come home to what we all dream of and that will happen one day.

That would be a nice thing to happen. I mean I do like my own space but not 24/7 you know what I mean

davechaos said:
Continue to build up your body strength, continue to make yourself fitter and begin to believe that you are doing this for a reason...because one day you will be truly happy...that is all any of us want. You will find it one day...and she will find you.

Well I think I am as physically fit as I am ever likely to get. I do have my limit when it comes to exercise and I think the way my body is its not made to be lifting weights up or anything. I am gonna chill with the biking and not do so much as I think you can do to much and the body dose not like it when you have done to much. Every one works differently and I have found my limit there I think.

davechaos said:
We are all here for you you know...it isn't just you here for us.

I know :)

I do feel much better after a good nights sleep :)

Yesterday was not nice for me. No reason just sometimes I do get down. But I snap out of it just as fast. Dose not even have to have anything to trigger it off. It just happens for no reason at all. Well that's me. I do have some bad points and can be negative but I like to think just as long as my good points keep making up for the bad ones then everything well be OK in the end.

And I do believe all this is for a reason and one day we well all be truly happy. If not in this world then another :) But we have to go fro the crap to appreciate the sunshine. Maybe for those of us that struggled to fined happiness in this world then they well be a lot waiting for us in the next :)

Thank you to everyone :) You all did help :)

I am back to my old sassy self now :D You cert keep a good dog down for long ;)

Sometimes you have to be reminded that feel sorry for your self dose nothing at all. I Guss it dose make us human tho.

O.k. Bluey, I haven't had much of chance to speak to you, but after reading your post I thought I would Say a few words. You are strong, funny, full of ideas and creativity and always ready to lend an ear or offer any help you may be able to provide. I'm sure all will agree, we truly value your presence here and it would not be the same without you.

I'm not sure if any of my suggestions will be good ones, but I offer them to you with most heartfelt intentions.
You talk of problems with your spine (which I have as well to some degree) and the trouble with meeting young ladies. Have you considered going to support groups for people with your condition or maybe to volunteer programs etc. It is a great way to meet people who are experienceing what you are going through and can relate to how you feel. It would definitely be worth the time to at least check it out. You could volunteer in Phys therapy or any number of places that you would feel comfortable in.
I don't know how you feel about religion, but just as a suggestion, church is also a great place to meet wonderful people.
As for language...I learned another language by getting a study buddy (partner) and speaking to them all of the time. I would take 10 vocabulary words and learn them every week. Write them, say them, and memorize them. Idk if that would help you, since you say you've tried everything, but it works better when you have someone to use the words with everyday.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with you Bluey. Only your perception of you. Be positive and remember you are who you are for a reason. I can't possibly imagine how many people have been inspired by some advice or funny little quip you may have had to offer them. Feel the warmth and friendship here, from all of the people who know you and care deeply for you. I hope you may find inspiration as well. Take care Bluey and I hope I have at least given you a little bit of warmth. BIG HUGS

Irishdoll said:
O.k. Bluey, I haven't had much of chance to speak to you, but after reading your post I thought I would Say a few words. You are strong, funny, full of ideas and creativity and always ready to lend an ear or offer any help you may be able to provide. I'm sure all will agree, we truly value your presence here and it would not be the same without you.

I'm not sure if any of my suggestions will be good ones, but I offer them to you with most heartfelt intentions.
You talk of problems with your spine (which I have as well to some degree) and the trouble with meeting young ladies. Have you considered going to support groups for people with your condition or maybe to volunteer programs etc. It is a great way to meet people who are experienceing what you are going through and can relate to how you feel. It would definitely be worth the time to at least check it out. You could volunteer in Phys therapy or any number of places that you would feel comfortable in.
I don't know how you feel about religion, but just as a suggestion, church is also a great place to meet wonderful people.
As for language...I learned another language by getting a study buddy (partner) and speaking to them all of the time. I would take 10 vocabulary words and learn them every week. Write them, say them, and memorize them. Idk if that would help you, since you say you've tried everything, but it works better when you have someone to use the words with everyday.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with you Bluey. Only your perception of you. Be positive and remember you are who you are for a reason. I can't possibly imagine how many people have been inspired by some advice or funny little quip you may have had to offer them. Feel the warmth and friendship here, from all of the people who know you and care deeply for you. I hope you may find inspiration as well. Take care Bluey and I hope I have at least given you a little bit of warmth. BIG HUGS

You know maybe your right in that its my perception of how I see myself. I would have probably said something similar if I was giving advice to someone like me. I do think you have a point as its not just you that's said it. So food for thought. I don't think it helps cos the mates I have had in the past well, I think a normal human being would struggle to keep up with ppl like that. What can I say but there a ruth crowd that think life goes no further then the pub. If there not totally out of it by the end of the night then there is something wrong. Your from island originally right? So I don't see a lot of differences there in the way ppl are to the way they are here. so I would say you would totally get where am coming from with the kinder ppl I describe. I have found that the older I get the moor I distends my self from this kinder ppl as in that way I have moved on and they have not. But cos I don't work or go to college I have found no other kinder ppl to replace the ones I am losing so still do occasionally go out and get bloated with them. I don't have anything in common with them. I don't agree with how they live there life's and in that they think its exportable that they constantly sleep around behind there girlfriends/wife's back and think its OK cos they doing get court. They just don't get it. To stupid you see. Stuck in what would had been exportable when we all lived in caves.

I have thought and even tried doing what you suggested (college/voluntary work) but I just cert seem to fined my place if you know what I mean. I am actually a lot happier this days then I have been in the past. Not that you would know it from this thread but nobody can stay positive %100 of the time. If you take a look at some of my earlier posts on here they really was quit depressing.

I have come a long way in the way I look at life and now I feel that its time to move it to a even newer and happy level :D I had read and received a PM from another member on here and she totally reminded me of what I should be and what I wonted to be like as a man from an early age. I don't even think she knows it really. But the smallest of things can kick you up the ass when You lest expect it to.

I am trying and fighting fitter then I have for a long time :)

You have gave me a little warmth from that and HUGS back at you :)

They say the hospitality in island is amazing. I can see why :)

Bluey said:
That I would love right now. I would have gone to the shop for some cos I could kill for a nice big cool one right now but I have to go to the bank first then to the shop and am to lazy to do that right now. If I ever come over there are your ever in my neck of the woods well do that mate :)[/color]

It's a deal...

I doubt you'd like our beer though. I certainly don't, which is one of the reasons I'm not a big drinker. You guys have all the good stuff. If I lived in the UK I'd probably be an alcoholic.

Living in a country with cheap, watery beer saved my liver! :D

LOL You would be like all the rest of us then.... your a full blooded englishman all right. You need to come home to England mate :D

Bluey, I am new here, not registered yet, but I have to respond to your post. You keep talking what women want in a man and I just want you to know that most women don't feel the way you think they do. My husband (who is 7 yrs. younger than I am) is shorter than I am, has a pot belly and is balding. He also has a disease called Myasthenia Gravis which causes muscle weakness so, obviously, he is not "big and strong". But he is the most wonderful man I know! Because he is kind, loving and gentle. I bet that is what most women value who have any experience in life. I don't know how to say this without sounding conceited but I am above average in the looks department. I'm only telling you this so that you understand that I had plenty of men to choose from. I chose my husband for his goodness and it sounds like to me you have plenty of that. And it sounds like the people on the board who know you better than I do agree with me. Give yourself a chance. Your are young and you never know what good things are coming just around the corner. I hope you don't mind my weighing in. I just hated to hear you putting yourself down. All my best wishes to you.

I am finding this out that women don't just look at a man for hes looks and hes strength. Well there is a lot that do. But I think am better off with out them sort anyway. See I may have been alone for many years but I would not say I am desperate at all. I would not go with a women I did not respect or feel something for just cos of my own loneliness. If I just wonted anyone I could have had that all ready. just I do and always have had respect for my self and I am not one of those men that just stay with a woman cos they have no one else.

I thank you for your kind words :) It really is amazing reading fro this posts what ppl here think of me. I am not all perfect and nice all the time. In fact I would say I would be a nightmare to live with as everything has to have its place and I hate things being moved about lol I think in this way I am to used to having everything my own way. Well if I ever meet the right girl this is something that am going to have to change about myself. Am sure any girl that I end up with would hopefully slap some sense into me :)

I would say you and your husband are very lucky to have each other as you seem very nice and you explain your husband to be as well.

I would still say am young yes :D Well I do agree that you never know whats around the corner as well. This is something I have said a few times my self to other ppl. well in this thread you see me getting down and feeling at my weirs. This is normally not me but from time to time yes I do get like this as you see here. I am finding that I get down less and less as the older I get. But it was them same feelings that Burt me here as well. I mean I live alone and have done for some time and also not had a GF for to long a time. I would not be normally if this did not get to me from time to time. Just when I get that for down I can be my own weirs enemy.

I don't mined you weighing in at all :) Am glad you did. Its stories of how your husband is and the fact that he has a very beautifully and clearly intelligent women as yourself as a wife that gives ppl like me in the world hope.

Welcome here BTW :)

Bluey said:
LOL You would be like all the rest of us then.... your a full blooded englishman all right. You need to come home to England mate :D

I think so. Half the tv shows and music I've enjoyed over the years came from there. I should just get it over with and move.

Hope you're feeling better, btw...

Latest posts

Back