This is stupid..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

ExtensivexLDL

If you type in "unsocial loser" into the Google search engine, you get a direct link to one of my prior posts on one of my threads. Is there any way to change this? I tried browsing the "edit options" category in the "User CP" section but it doesn't look like such a function exists.

Anyone know how to format this?

P.S. I've also been wondering what the Notepad thing is for- anyone know?

On the plus side unsocial isn't a word people won't really look up.

Is your screen name tied to you in real life or something?

I don't think it is.. Hell if you type in my user name, you'll get a direct link to my reputation section in my profile..It's probably because the user name I've chosen is so singular- no direct definition from it as a regular word, no way to use it in a normal sentence in any meaningful way.. Unlike yours, obviously, which is clearly based off the core word "acceptance" plus the prefix "un".. That's why if you type yours in, you don't receive a link to your profile.. (at least not an immediate one) .. But that's off-topic..probably.. unless the same kind of concept applies to my case (the phrase "unsocial loser" is probably uncommon, hence the immediate link to one of my threads (perhaps)) (I just used the words "unsocial loser" to describe myself in the past because I thought "antisocial" is only defined as pertaining to disruptive behaviour not coinciding with society's norms.. which is not what I wanted to get across in that thread..)

On the bright side, that phrase now links directly to this thread...lol Seriously though, this is a publicly accessible forum (and rightly so, given its nature) which means that all the posts are freely available for anyone to read.

Most members originally discovered this site through a search engine. Someone who perhaps considers themeselves an "unsocial loser" may well type those words into google, and find your thread - and perhaps draw some benefit from doing so.

The personal pad is for making your own notes - kind of like a handy scrap of paper.

Latest posts

Back