This nail woman

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triple Bogey said:
She's probably a cow.

And do you actually wonder why she wants to avoid you.... Goodness Christ, man. Give people more credit than that. Many of them can pick up on the fact that you'd be rude about things. Some children don't even resort to name calling when they don't get what they want.

VanillaCreme said:
Triple Bogey said:
She's probably a cow.

And do you actually wonder why she wants to avoid you.... Goodness Christ, man. Give people more credit than that. Many of them can pick up on the fact that you'd be rude about things. Some children don't even resort to name calling when they don't get what they want.

I was polite to her, I smiled and said 'hi'. She hated me from the second she saw me. I was there. It was embarrassing. No need for it. Although her attitude has improved a touch since then.

Triple Bogey said:
I was polite to her, I smiled and said 'hi'. She hated me from the second she saw me. I was there. It was embarrassing. No need for it. Although her attitude has improved a touch since then.

You were polite. Okay, great. That doesn't mean she owed you anything. Why were you nice? To get something from her? I hope not. I'm hoping you were nice because that's just how you are, even regardless of if it's returned. So what, you didn't get an upstanding greeting from a girl you don't know every time she saw you. Brush it off. She may be socially awkward. She may have anxiety around some guys. She might be going through something. You might remind her of someone she doesn't care for, or maybe someone she misses, and she doesn't want to say anything. You never know. You don't even know if she hates you or not. It may be something else entirely.

VanillaCreme said:
Triple Bogey said:

You were polite. Okay, great. That doesn't mean she owed you anything. Why were you nice? To get something from her? I hope not. I'm hoping you were nice because that's just how you are, even regardless of if it's returned. So what, you didn't get an upstanding greeting from a girl you don't know every time she saw you. Brush it off. She may be socially awkward. She may have anxiety around some guys. She might be going through something. You might remind her of someone she doesn't care for, or maybe someone she misses, and she doesn't want to say anything. You never know. You don't even know if she hates you or not. It may be something else entirely.

'To get something from her' - no idea what you are implying there ?

How many times do I have to say ?
She was rude to me. For no reason. End of story.
I'm not going to add to this thread because nobody has an idea what they are talking about. It's not even an issue to me either. I couldn't care less about this woman. It was an observation. She reminded me of how women used to treat me, years ago. Indifference, blanking, rudeness. That was the point of what I wrote. Unfortunately nobody understands that. So I am not going to waste my time with this anymore.

So...transference happened, and we're seeing your pain from years ago. :l Sorry it triggered that for you. Wish things were better.

Triple Bogey said:
How many times do I have to say ?
I'm not going to add to this thread because nobody has an idea what they are talking about. It's not even an issue to me either. I couldn't care less about this woman. It was an observation. She reminded me of how women used to treat me, years ago. Indifference, blanking, rudeness. That was the point of what I wrote. Unfortunately nobody understands that. So I am not going to waste my time with this anymore.

No, I understand what younger women can be like. Many of us do. I'm in an office at the moment with a drama queen who talks to me one moment, loathes me the next. But then a lot of young people are obnoxious. And okay, she should have matured by 30, but maybe VanillaCreme is right and it's nothing personal.

VanillaCreme said:
You were polite. Okay, great. That doesn't mean she owed you anything. Why were you nice? To get something from her? I hope not.

Is expecting a certain level of politeness 'entitled' though?

ardour said:
VanillaCreme said:
You were polite. Okay, great. That doesn't mean she owed you anything. Why were you nice? To get something from her? I hope not.

Honestly, I don't think it's entitled, but since she's a stranger, how much can he really ask from her?

But yes, in an ideal world everyone would be polite to each other. :/

ardour said:

I believe it can be an entitlement. Entitlement is really an expectation for a specific outcome. "Expectation" is a pre-determined demand that a certain outcome occur. If we demand that everyone react to us the way we want, we'll be angry and bitter every time someone doesn't meet our demands. And I sure don't want to live that way.

That's why I am nice and polite regardless of the outcome. If people respond to me with a nice and polite comment, then that's wonderful. If not, then so be it. I'm not going to let anyone else's attitude stop me from being nice.

You know, guys, we can all make fun of Triple Bogey or actually try to help him. Which will it be?

I know it's frustrating when guys here are mean towards women, but they deserve compassion and thought too.

We aren't going to change their minds by mocking them. :/ Listening is better.

SophiaGrace said:
You know, guys, we can all make fun of Triple Bogey or actually try to help him. Which will it be?

I know it's frustrating when guys here are mean towards women, but they deserve compassion and thought too.

I beg your pardon, but you're reading a little too much into it, Soph.
I certainly wasnt mocking TB and doubt Nilla was either.
Also, I don't see where either of us mentioned anything about any guys here being mean to women. I certainly never said nor implied it.
I think you mistook a little tongue-in-cheek humor for more than it was.

Edit: as for your mention of trying to help him, you should read back over the thread. I offered a legitimate possible explanation and he even agreed it might be. So I DID try to help him and thought my theory was a darn good one. (D)

Wow, this thread is still going? Huh...

Anyway...this:
SophiaGrace said:

Totally agree...

And TripleB himself has spoken on the subject too, here:

"How many times do I have to say ?
I'm not going to add to this thread because nobody has an idea what they are talking about. It's not even an issue to me either. I couldn't care less about this woman. It was an observation. She reminded me of how women used to treat me, years ago. Indifference, blanking, rudeness. That was the point of what I wrote. Unfortunately nobody understands that. So I am not going to waste my time with this anymore."

In his own words, this post was nothing more than a reflection of his thoughts...really means nothing to him in the greater scheme of things...so maybe it's time to leave this one alone instead of endlessly hashing it out? And maybe this was better suited to a diary posting where people can't do that?

Case said:
I believe it can be an entitlement. Entitlement is really an expectation for a specific outcome. .

It isn't expectation specifically but the belief in being owed something that isn't compatible with the circumstances. People rightly anticipate outcomes all the time, for example, expecting your partner to care for your welfare couldn't be considered entitlement. Expecting social etiquette from a stranger isn't unreasonable either, demanding warmth or overt friendliness probably is. TB said she wouldn't even respond to a simple greeting, so he's right in as far as calling her rude.

^I wouldn't call politeness an "entitlement". It's just basic courteousy, basic good manners that people should adopt. But we can't expect everyone to be this way since everyone is different, raised by different people and different circumstances.

Latest posts

Back