Three Questions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TheLonelySkeptic

Q#1

If an ultimate being (a god) was evil, would you oppose it? If yes, even if it meant eternal and unremitting torture?

Q#2

If you were that ultimate being, would you not necessarily punish, but distinguish those who objected to your rule from those who did not? If not, how would you deal with rapists, murderers, and child molesters?

Q#3

Suppose for the sake of argument that the Judeo-Christian god of the Bible is revealed to be the one true god. Would you hold him in contempt? Even if it meant being separated from those you love for all eternity?

I ask because questions like these are some of the central themes to the story I'm writing. If a god is unjust but all-powerful, are there creatures who would oppose his ultimate tyranny in the face of certain damnation?

Liapos said:
Q#1

If an ultimate being (a god) was evil, would you oppose it? If yes, even if it meant eternal and unremitting torture?

Yes, I'd oppose it with every fiber of my soul.
And if he tried to torture me, I'd beat the #&#* out of him lol :p

Liapos said:
Q#2

If you were that ultimate being, would you not necessarily punish, but distinguish those who objected to your rule from those who did not? If not, how would you deal with rapists, murderers, and child molesters?

Those who objected to my rule would pay dearly. This includes the latter three kinds of offenders.

Liapos said:
Q#3

Suppose for the sake of argument that the Judeo-Christian god of the Bible is revealed to be the one true god. Would you hold him in contempt? Even if it meant being separated from those you love for all eternity?

I ask because questions like these are some of the central themes to the story I'm writing. If a god is unjust but all-powerful, are there creatures who would oppose his ultimate tyranny in the face of certain damnation?

I wouldn't hold him in contempt if that meant being separated from my loved ones for all eternity. And yes, there probably would be entities who'd object the rule of any God.

Unacceptance said:
If God was real I'd spit in his face.

Lighten-up man.

1, no

2, I'd blow up the fucken earth and kill all humans :p
Just joking...I'd only get rid of humans..Humans complain to **** much.
This way I can still observe a lion eat bambie. Animals dosn't complain..lol
Errr....if a cow can talk..a cow would say...humans are really messed up and evil eating hamburger meat...lmao
mmm...okay eating white meat is less sinful...wtf ???...If chickens can talk...chickens would say the samething..:p
Apparently...being on top of the food chain is good...lol

3, yeah ...god **** it. Wtf ??? what kind of lunatic would speak of love
and ask you to leave your family or children. Dose not your wife and child deserve to be loved as will ?
And who in the hell going to put food on thier table for them when you're gone doing you holy roller quest ?
Is that not a selffish act ..if you leave your family behind to seek something greater ?
Is that not the samething as leaving your wife for another woman...becuase you deem another woman offer you more love ?
Evidently men wrote the bible...it's full of contraditions becuase as i said humans are wacked.
More like religion trying to recuit good little holy rollers for a cuase..A cuase greater than yours.
Evidently man will make up honeysuckle to releave himself of responsibilties...such as taking care of his family.
While the pope sits on the thron picking his ass and preist raping little boys.
Surely I'm not less of a man than the pope...All men bleed just like me.
And why in the fresia would god need money ? :p

If there is an ultimate being / god / creature then I would think that this being would be way beyond mere "good" and "evil". So no, if this being was indeed the ultimate being, then I would not oppose it. I would realise my insignificance compared to it. :)

And I can't honestly imagine being this "ultimate being" myself, since it would probably not only be way beyond good and evil but also way beyond human thinking and feeling. At least that's what I believe. :p

Edit: I realised that none of this really answered any of your questions, ah well!

Q#1

Yes but i'd most probably regret it later.

Q#2

Rapist's, murderers and pedophile's tortured for eternity.
The same to the people who make false accusations of rape and abuse.
To distinguish them is to let them get away with it.

Q#3

No i would'nt hold him in contempt,
Without that god the world would have no moral's, or very little.
Before the bible sex with children was normal, that alone is enough to say thank you God.
Real God or not, the civilised countries laws are based on christianity.

Good luck with your story, it sounds interesting.

punisher said:
Q#1

Q#2

Q#3

Before the bible sex with children was normal, that alone is enough to say thank you God.

I challenge you to name one law of any civilized country that could not have been inspired by anything but the Bible.

Van Hooligan said:
aye, my light version is smashing his face witht he biggest object i can find. So his version's pretty nice.

Well that object would be the one that God made that was so heavy he couldn't even lift it, you'd probably have to smash God's face into it.

Liapos said:
punisher said:
Q#1

Q#2

Q#3

I challenge you to name one law of any civilized country that could not have been inspired by anything but the Bible.

Thats not the point, it WAS inspired by the bible and
Jesus said it first.
This is not a argument thread, stop trying to make it one.

punisher said:
Liapos said:
punisher said:
Q#1

Q#2

Q#3

Thats not the point, it WAS inspired by the bible and
Jesus said it first.

Oh, you're trolling me :3

There's plenty of countries or cilizations in this world that are not christians nor beliving in GOD.
Actaully more than half of the world's religion today are not christain.
More than half of the worlds population today don't beliving in god or are religious.

Errr..the roman empire was around before christinity ever came to light....

Yeah..here's 1...Feed christian to lions :p

Liapos said:
Q#1

lol, if God created something why he would be evil ? Besides even if He (pretty evil) made others for his little experiment (just for topic something simple like nations that will fight each other to rule the Earth) we would be created like he wants, so I hardly doubted that there will be alot of people thinking that rape, killing etc are bad things. You wouldn't know what is bad or what is wrong....not right you wouldn't feel like you are doing something wrong cuz you will have another moral.
Realy if you want you can search info through history.....what God says is the ultimate, almost noone resist it.
Q#2

If I was WHO ? Scheme is already here lol. I don't know what might happened from the Begining but now I know the nowadays rules, why do I need to invent a bicycle? Everybody to the hell, well ofcourse each individual will be rejudjed and then some second chance to see how rightful he become.

Q#3

Contempt ? How this will separate me from my family ? He revealed, so what ? Everyone are happy and live as before this fact.

First two questions are fine but the third is misty and incomprehensible. You didn't give a reason, nothing. It is like 1,2,5,6,7 HEY where are 3 and 4 O_O ? Think of it and let us know.

Lonesome Crow said:
There's plenty of countries or cilizations in this world that are not christians nor beliving in GOD.
More than half of the worlds population today don't beliving in god or are religious.
Emm, moral already spread in the world, so that doesn't mean anything.
So ? When were romans moral people ? Just some of them may be but hell the most of them were sin pigs.

1. Hell yeah...I´d try to look for every form of destroying that "ultimate being" in the most painful way possible, probably
even going as far as making some sort of pact with Lucifer. I mean,
my soul is already going to be damned because of my opposition to God, so why not make the best out of it?

2. Oh yeah...I´d make it so their life would be hell on earth, just
to make them go to another hell - this time the real one - afterwards.

3. Let´s see...if he is not evil, then he will not make us choose between being separated from our loved ones or holding him in contempt, and if he is there is no way I´m believing in him at all.

Hope it helps =)

SunWeb said:
Liapos said:
Q#1

lol, if God created something why he would be evil ? Besides even if He (pretty evil) made others for his little experiment (just for topic something simple like nations that will fight each other to rule the Earth) we would be created like he wants, so I hardly doubted that there will be alot of people thinking that rape, killing etc are bad things. You wouldn't know what is bad or what is wrong....not right you wouldn't feel like you are doing something wrong cuz you will have another moral.
Realy if you want you can search info through history.....what God says is the ultimate, almost noone resist it.

===================================
Liapos is proposing a hypothetical question, he is not talking about any one god in particular. He isn't trying to claim that the Christian god (or any other known religious figure) is evil in this statement, merely asking if you found an ultimate being/god to be evil, would you oppose them upon finding out they were evil, and if you would, would you still do so, knowing that you will be tortured for eternity?

Q#2

If I was WHO ? Scheme is already here lol. I don't know what might happened from the Begining but now I know the nowadays rules, why do I need to invent a bicycle? Everybody to the hell, well ofcourse each individual will be rejudjed and then some second chance to see how rightful he become.

Q#3

Contempt ? How this will separate me from my family ? He revealed, so what ? Everyone are happy and live as before this fact.

**con⋅tempt
   /kənˈtɛmpt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kuhn-tempt] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the feeling with which a person regards anything considered mean, vile, or worthless; disdain; scorn.
2. the state of being despised; dishonor; disgrace.
3. Law.
a. willful disobedience to or open disrespect for the rules or orders of a court (contempt of court) or legislative body.
b. an act showing such disrespect.
Origin:
1350–1400; ME (< AF) < L contemptus a slighting = contemn(ere) to despise, scorn (see contemn ) + -tus suffix of v. action (with loss of n and intrusive p)

According to the bible/beliefs of the Christian/Jewish faiths, if you were to hold Him in contempt, you would be sent to Hell, whereas if your family and friends did not, they would be allowed into heaven, thus you'd be separated for eternity.

First two questions are fine but the third is misty and incomprehensible. You didn't give a reason, nothing. It is like 1,2,5,6,7 HEY where are 3 and 4 O_O ? Think of it and let us know.

Us? I understood his questioning just fine. I think you might perhaps be taking his questions too literally or personally, when he is only asking hypothetical questions to help him along with writing his story which deals a lot with the questions he was asking:

Liapos said:
I ask because questions like these are some of the central themes to the story I'm writing.

See?

Lonesome Crow said:

Yes, it does mean something. Morals and god are two separate things. I have morals but I am not religious. I'm not actually sure if I believe in a god of any sort, yet I still have morals. They do not go hand in hand. There are plenty of morale people who are not religious/atheist, and plenty of people who ARE religious and who have little to no morals. There have been so many people over centuries and generations claiming to kill, maim, or injure another for "the sake of (their) god", from just about every religion that exists or has existed. While I'm not condemning any particular religions, my point is that you do not need to have religion or a belief in a religion in order to be moral or create just laws.

So ? When were romans moral people ? Just some of them may be but hell the most of them were sin pigs.

If it weren't for the Romans (Constantine) Christianity wouldn't have become so popular, and might not even be in existence today. If it weren't for Constantine converting to Christianity, more than likely it would have died out like most budding religions around that time. So, your first major Christians were "sin pigs", as you called them.

Estreen said:
SunWeb said:
Liapos said:
Q#1

Liapos is proposing a hypothetical question, he is not talking about any one god in particular. He isn't trying to claim that the Christian god (or any other known religious figure) is evil in this statement, merely asking if you found an ultimate being/god to be evil, would you oppose them upon finding out they were evil, and if you would, would you still do so, knowing that you will be tortured for eternity?

Q#2

Q#3

**con⋅tempt
   /kənˈtɛmpt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kuhn-tempt] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the feeling with which a person regards anything considered mean, vile, or worthless; disdain; scorn.
2. the state of being despised; dishonor; disgrace.
3. Law.
a. willful disobedience to or open disrespect for the rules or orders of a court (contempt of court) or legislative body.
b. an act showing such disrespect.
Origin:
1350–1400; ME (< AF) < L contemptus a slighting = contemn(ere) to despise, scorn (see contemn ) + -tus suffix of v. action (with loss of n and intrusive p)

According to the bible/beliefs of the Christian/Jewish faiths, if you were to hold Him in contempt, you would be sent to Hell, whereas if your family and friends did not, they would be allowed into heaven, thus you'd be separated for eternity.

Us? I understood his questioning just fine. I think you might perhaps be taking his questions too literally or personally, when he is only asking hypothetical questions to help him along with writing his story which deals a lot with the questions he was asking:

Liapos said:
I ask because questions like these are some of the central themes to the story I'm writing.

See?

Lonesome Crow said:

Yes, it does mean something. Morals and god are two separate things. I have morals but I am not religious. I'm not actually sure if I believe in a god of any sort, yet I still have morals. They do not go hand in hand. There are plenty of morale people who are not religious/atheist, and plenty of people who ARE religious and who have little to no morals. There have been so many people over centuries and generations claiming to kill, maim, or injure another for "the sake of (their) god", from just about every religion that exists or has existed. While I'm not condemning any particular religions, my point is that you do not need to have religion or a belief in a religion in order to be moral or create just laws.

If it weren't for the Romans (Constantine) Christianity wouldn't have become so popular, and might not even be in existence today. If it weren't for Constantine converting to Christianity, more than likely it would have died out like most budding religions around that time. So, your first major Christians were "sin pigs", as you called them.

Thanks Estreen for clearing this up, though I don't think it needed to be. Some people just have little to no imagination. @.@

Latest posts

Back